Tyson-Douglas: Slow Count?

The ref didnt say 10, are you watching a different fight?
I didn't say the "ref's count."

Follow the refs count, and tell me how Buster looks where ten would've landed, imo he looks like a guy not fully up and wouldve been waved off any other fight. Seen enough fights where a downed fighter was equally back to their feet and counted out there instead of given such benifit of doubt. That's what I'm saying. Douglas scored a better knockout, but Tyson's was first.

Not a long count, the decision to let Buster continue is the question. Both guys had varying degrees of trouble by the time 9 was spoken but Buster could've just s easily been not allowed to continue. Mike getting stopped was legit, but I've seen other fights where Buster would've been halted from continuing too.

douglas in my opinion, didn't look that eager to continue, that was just him, just a nice, lazy guy. If he'd lost that fight it would have been "oh well, no big deal". He fought a great fight but if he was really eager he would have been up earlier than borderline 10 when he was clearheaded as he was. It was like he was thinking of tanking it and couldn't make up his mind, (something many people accused him of in his next fight). Either way, the count is at the refs discretion, 14 has been proven to be normal for a count, and it's up to a ref to decide whether the fight is over or not. Tyson was in a lot worse shape than douglas, a lot worse.

Is ts the same ts who started a similar thread on reddit?

it was a count of 10 by the ref, who is the only person who Douglas needed to listen to, ad he did, and he got up before the ref reached 10(although technically i'm not even sure he was up properly..but thats a completely different argument for another day)

and Tyson an dhis team ran off with some of the belts and thought because they were in Tokyo they could get away with anything they wanted, they were wrong!

Exactly. It's a 10 count, not necessarily 10 seconds. Tyson was also down longer than 10 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back