Tyson Fury: Deontay Wilder deal almost done

If this fight happens it will be guaranteed fun. That's pretty much all I ask for as a fan, I'm here for entertainment. I am 100% sure to be entertained by this one.

Wait. You saw Fury vs Wlad right? Will he deploy a more fan friendly action packed style in this fight?

Wait. You saw Fury vs Wlad right? Will he deploy a more fan friendly action packed style in this fight?

That was equally Wlad's fault for basically refusing to throw punches.

Fury in his current shape somehow dancing round Wilder's nuclear bombs for 12 rounds would be a thriller considering how hard Wilder hits. That being said, Fury danced around WK like nothing and he was a hard puncher and much more accurate boxer.

On the flip, Wilder clips him one fucking time and it could be lights out dramatic fashion.

Eitherway, it's a HW showdown that's gonna feel like the fucking superbowl when it happens. Too exciting. Equal to Wilder/AJ curiosity wise. Fury's questionable shape just adds mad points to drama factor.

i was talking to a very well connected person in british boxing yesterday and he also said it is a done deal.

on a side note, i had a really cool day yesterday. i spent 8 hours at Abel Sanchez's gym watching first, charles martin train and then GGG, Joe Joyce, Alfredo Angulo, Ryan Martin and Ali Akhmedov train. I spent basically 2 hours standing next to Abel as the guys worked and got to pick his brain on everything from Canelo to no women allowed in his gym. He is really friendly and forthcoming, willing to answer anything. I have never met him before so I was really surprised how open he was.

what really amazed me was all these guys working together. ggg was doing the exact same thing as the other guys at the same time. it was circuit training and they all were helping each other. something i have never really seen from a guy of ggg's stature before

Fury seems a long way off being properly ready for that fight tbh. He'd need to be in absolute peak condition and build up to it with some solid opponents first. In terms of ring rust and physical shape he is a far cry from where he was in 2015.

i was talking to a very well connected person in british boxing yesterday and he also said it is a done deal.

on a side note, i had a really cool day yesterday. i spent 8 hours at Abel Sanchez's gym watching first, charles martin train and then GGG, Joe Joyce, Alfredo Angulo, Ryan Martin and Ali Akhmedov train. I spent basically 2 hours standing next to Abel as the guys worked and got to pick his brain on everything from Canelo to no women allowed in his gym. He is really friendly and forthcoming, willing to answer anything. I have never met him before so I was really surprised how open he was.

what really amazed me was all these guys working together. ggg was doing the exact same thing as the other guys at the same time. it was circuit training and they all were helping each other. something i have never really seen from a guy of ggg's stature before

Now I am interested. Why no women allowed ? I can relate to kind of as spectators when I think of TMT gym vids with all these women screaming during sparring but I guess Floyd encourages this behaviour.

Any other reason besides distraction?

Regarding Fury its imo way too soon. Maybelline If he really trains nonstop nonstop

Last edited:

What are your thoughts on joe Joyce? I initially thought he lacked power and size for the pro ranks (didnt realise he was 6ft 6). He seems to have hit the ground running though

Now I am interested. Why no women allowed ? I can relate to kind of as spectators when I think of TMT gym vids with all these women screaming during sparring but I guess Floyd encourages this behaviour.

Any other reason besides distraction?

Regarding Fury its imo way too soon. Maybelline If he really trains nonstop nonstop
there is a sign as you go in that says no pets, no children, no women. i was lucky as my wife is a news anchor formerly and i thought about bringing her to interview any of the spanish speaking guys.

i asked him and said what about someone like claressa shields if she wanted to train with him, and he said no. but he said its because he feels like she is disrespectful to the sport. however, he would let people like Christy Martin, Layla McCarter or Laila Ali.

However, as far as non fighters, a firm no. Now firstly, spectators are not going there. you need to be working there. so if you are working, a woman can be a distraction. after all, if you work in an office, you don't take your wife with you. and then of course the fighters dont need to be distracted

What are your thoughts on joe Joyce? I initially thought he lacked power and size for the pro ranks (didnt realise he was 6ft 6). He seems to have hit the ground running though
well he definitely is not small. i am 6'2 200 and he dwarfs me. he said he is about 260 right now and he isnt fat at all. he is just big. after their session i went to dinner with him, his manager and frank stea to the pollo loco. he had a big salad and a 3 piece chicken meal.

personally, i like joe a lot. he is really mild mannered and this is the third time around him and i think he is finally getting my dry sense of humor that everybody hates. he is very confident in his own abilities but realizes he has a lot of work to do. we were talking about the fury-wilder thing and i asked if he thought he could take fury and he agreed with his manager that a prime fury would have the edge, but not the one we saw the last fight. but in time he would get him.

now you might say "no shit" but most fighters believe they could beat anyone of any era at any time. he also didnt really want to talk any shit about nick webb even off camera which shows a lot of class.

as far as a fighter, i dont know yet. he has work to do and he is 32 years old, so he has just a few years left to accomplish it. i dont pretend to be an expert on him as he only has 5 fights and i never caught him as an amateur. george foreman in his comeback was slow as hell, but he made it work, so speed isnt a killer in the heavyweights. i do know he is a cool kid and i look forward to his upcoming fights. he is moving to LA and will be going to big bear during the week, so he has a lot of changes ahead of him

well he definitely is not small. i am 6'2 200 and he dwarfs me. he said he is about 260 right now and he isnt fat at all. he is just big. after their session i went to dinner with him, his manager and frank stea to the pollo loco. he had a big salad and a 3 piece chicken meal.

personally, i like joe a lot. he is really mild mannered and this is the third time around him and i think he is finally getting my dry sense of humor that everybody hates. he is very confident in his own abilities but realizes he has a lot of work to do. we were talking about the fury-wilder thing and i asked if he thought he could take fury and he agreed with his manager that a prime fury would have the edge, but not the one we saw the last fight. but in time he would get him.

now you might say "no shit" but most fighters believe they could beat anyone of any era at any time. he also didnt really want to talk any shit about nick webb even off camera which shows a lot of class.

as far as a fighter, i dont know yet. he has work to do and he is 32 years old, so he has just a few years left to accomplish it. i dont pretend to be an expert on him as he only has 5 fights and i never caught him as an amateur. george foreman in his comeback was slow as hell, but he made it work, so speed isnt a killer in the heavyweights. i do know he is a cool kid and i look forward to his upcoming fights. he is moving to LA and will be going to big bear during the week, so he has a lot of changes ahead of him

Cheers for the info fella

At least somebody is making the fights people want to see.

As far as “out of shape”, do you mean his physical condition, or moreso knocking the rust off?

Both.

He hasn't been in with someone who throws with real speed for years, his reactions and reflexes aren't going to be as good, his body isn't as used to being in good shape, he has no recent rounds under his belt, the list goes on.

It's the reason why most people said he was 2-3 fights away from challenging the top guys.

Now he is fighting a top guy, 2-3 fights too early.

We'll have to agree to disagree my good man.
Not disputing that Wilder has the power to put him away but I think even a half fit Fury dances rings around Wilder.

I agree he'd dance circles round Wilder.

But he'd also get caught, and he's been hurt and dropped my much lesser punchers.

His defense against top level competition is unlikely to be A* in his current situation.

I like the no women part.
Really don't need to be in there unless they look like KD Lang

Both.

He hasn't been in with someone who throws with real speed for years, his reactions and reflexes aren't going to be as good, his body isn't as used to being in good shape, he has no recent rounds under his belt, the list goes on.

It's the reason why most people said he was 2-3 fights away from challenging the top guys.

Now he is fighting a top guy, 2-3 fights too early.
Fair take. Ill be very curious to see this next outing. It really makes or breaks the excitement for the Wilder fight.

I don't think this is a good fight for fury....i actually think he matches up better with aj

Back