Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fight is set for December in Staples Center

Who wins?

• Total voters
Fury still got to get past Pianeta who is at least a heavyweight unlike that sham fight against cruiserweight Seferi

Wilder knocks him out within 6 rounds.

Fury is well past it, and even the best version of him has a good chance of getting KTFO by Deontay.

How is Fury well past it? Are you basing this on a single fight he knew he would easily win coming off the couch after 2 years?

Fury is 29. Fury knows Deontay Wilder is no Sefer or Pianeta. He will be in tremendous shape for this fight. He's taller, heavier, with the longer reach. I'm calling the upset. He beats Deontay via awkwardness.
you won't be bumping it.

wilder will put the gipsy king to sleep. as entertaining as fury is when he's running his mouth in front of a camera - and he is very entertaining - he has a snowball's chance in hell to win this fight.

i would have rather seen deontay or fury get in with joshua first and then the other guy get the winner of that fight. not sure which guy id rather see in there with joshua since both fights are intriguing.......im picking fury in this if he shows up in shape and ready to box

I've "Liked" differing opinions on this 'cos I'm still swinging like a 1970s suburban housewife. I'll wait until I see how Fury looks versus Pianeta until making a prediction & then until they're actually in the ring before I believe it's gonna happen.

From training footage, Fury has lost a lot of weight since his comeback fight. That speaks to motivation IMO, though of course we don't know what he has left, he could be shot to shit already. He's really only fought one tall guy with good power, so it's not like he has a string of wins in this situation where you can confidently go "Oh yeah he'll deal with this."

Also, what's the tallest guy Deontay's faced? I watched the Spzilka fight again recently & he had difficulty with a herky-jerky guy who knew how to keep his head moving. I wonder how he'll cope if he can't land a bomb early & keeps getting sharply pecked & poked in the face.

It's a great fight for the division & for boxing. I just have this sneaky feeling it's gonna destroy the reputation of one of them...

This fight is too early for me dave. I just don’t see fury being ready for wilder after 2 fights against relatively poor opposition. I think he’s a horrible matchup for wilder in general and would have like to have seen this another year down the road

Last edited:
Im telling you guys. If tyson gets back to being the same guy before the layoff he wisn this

For god sakes i love wilder but he was down 4-0 to Gerald Washington before the stoppage

I love some me Fury interviews lol.

Im telling you guys. If tyson gets back to being the same guy before the layoff he wisn this

For god sakes i love wilder but he was down 4-0 to Gerald Washington before the stoppage
Eh. He had a stretch of pretty clearly getting rounds in. Wasnt down 4-0 either. Granted I do think Fury at his best will make Wilder look awful at times.

It sounds pretty speculative to say that Wilder lost rounds to mediocre fighters because he was getting rounds in. What is that based on? Surely he'd love to Iron Mike Tyson 1st rd KO everyone and build that mystique around him that would make him a household name.

It sounds pretty speculative to say that Wilder lost rounds to mediocre fighters because he was getting rounds in. What is that based on? Surely he'd love to Iron Mike Tyson 1st rd KO everyone and build that mystique around him that would make him a household name.
Did you watch the fights following his hand and bicep surgeries? For Washington in particular, he wasnt coming forward, wasnt jabbing etc until the third round, when he took over.

Why Deontay should wait for April as he can fight against Fury in December? Joshua had chance to fight against Wilder but his choose was Povetkin.
He shouldn’t, and there won’t be a better time to fight Fury for Wilder.

Especially since Joshua is fighting his mandatory next.

i will be there in december what do you guys reckon the odds will be?

Does anyone seriously think that's going to happen though? Fury before the layoff was in way better physical condition than he is now, and was active against strong competition. Now he's had a couple years off getting obese and doing drugs, struggling with mental illness, and will have had two comeback fights, while still overweight and looking shitty, against nobodies. Fury's just never going to be that same guy again.

And on the other hand, Wilder's still improving and has just come off the most impressive performance/victory of his career.

This is gonna be a must watch.

i will be there in december what do you guys reckon the odds will be?
They're around evens at the moment. To be honest if a load of money goes on wilder and the odds shift to maybe near 2 to 1 fury I'll put money on him.

Smart money is on fury

My opinion, each to their own, time will tell if they fight

But all wilder has is a powerful shot, you need more than that, he's not really tough , he can be finished, many on here think wilder , fairplay to them , but I think fury , well soon see

Don't rate Wilder at all , done barely a thing for the amount of time he's been a pro

I dont know what Fury will ever return to, but holy shit has he lost some weight. Good stuff.

Back