Tyson Fury vs Pianeta LIVE IN BELFAST ON YOUTUBE NOW!

See, I gotta disagree with "he never looked elite to me". What he did to Klit was incredibly impressive, specially considering the caliber of fighter that Klit is. Fury looks awkward but he is tricky. Has great pure boxing skills but is just a head case and likes the party. When he shows up in shape, motivated and on point, he is a bad man, and also a huge one that is really quick on his feet for his size an drew knows how to utilize that size. He is kind of like the Dom Cruz of boxing, and doesn't not get a ton of finishes but is an enigma and a tricky puzzle who is very consistent (atleast when in shape).

This is totally fair. I shouldn't have said I was never impressed with him or that he didn't look elite, that was flippant as hell. You're right about all of that and I think I was probably frustrated with that fight when I said those things

This is totally fair. I shouldn't have said I was never impressed with him or that he didn't look elite, that was flippant as hell. You're right about all of that and I think I was probably frustrated with that fight when I said those things

Major props to you
Most on here will never admit they were wrong or over-reacted
Great job

hZsXucL.jpg

Agree. Wilder is a big ask, but also, Wilder has the style that may end up him getting gassed. Fury has been boxing no all his life and could do it in his sleep.

A conditioned, prepared, and focused Tyson Fury I feel no doubt beats him. He's too technical, especially defensively for Wilder.

Problem is Fury himself looked tired and sloppy at times in this fight. He just needs more time in my opinion.

Wrong form.
How do mods ban a guy for saying filthy animal Isn't racist but let you fools post about boxing in the heavies.

Dunno
Might have to do with how many complained & reported the thread/post & how many warning the poster had prior.

Tonight was like some open workout pad work....
Very slow and basic, not imprezzed.

Agree. Wilder is a big ask, but also, Wilder has the style that may end up him getting gassed. Fury has been boxing no all his life and could do it in his sleep.

Wilder's bout with Ortiz was pretty hellish and he didn't gas there, I have a hard time seeing him gas vs. Fury. Fury's slippery but he doesn't necessarily make you work in there.

Wilder's bout with Ortiz was pretty hellish and he didn't gas there, I have a hard time seeing him gas vs. Fury. Fury's slippery but he doesn't necessarily make you work in there.
Indeed it was, but Fury is a lot different more 'slippery' and frustrating. The way he toyed with Wlad was my wake up call. He dances around like a lightweight and I actually think that he has very good technical boxing, even tho he gets shit for not being ripped and a huge power puncher. He's a thinking man's boxer, and interestingly, he claims to just throw the game plan out the window at the bells first sounding and just improvises.

Wilder is u Der rated in certain aspects too and proved his worth vs Ortiz, but a juiceless Ortiz is a different breed than the lineal champ.

Last edited:
I will say this: these are the most generous commentators of all time. You have to appreciate them giving him nothing but praise as they attempt to force some excitement for Wilder vs Fury.

This was all I could think of after about the 5-6th round. It was like someone had a word in their ear because they were singing a different tune before then. If I remember rightly one of them said something along the lines of "No one is going to pay for a ppv on the back of this type of fight."

I think Anthony Joshua beats both Fury and Wilder.

He should do but I dont think its a given. Fury is significantly bigger and a better technical boxer, Wilder is quicker and has serious power.

This might not be the strongest era for the HW division, but if he does beat Povetkin and then those two hes going to start looking like an all time great HW imo.

Wilder vs Fury is more interesting to me than Joshua vs Wilder.

all Fury has going for him is technical ability/all Wilder has going for him is KO punch power

The weird thing about this fight is that there were two guys in the ring and while Fury is obviously the interest, I'm dying to discuss Pianeta's performance. I mean this didn't even seem to be an attempt at a fight by him. It was literally like a sparring session, and honestly even for that it was lacking. I know we weren't supposed to expect much from him, but seriously was he even interested in winning the fight?

I don't understand how a person can get an opportunity to be on a world's stage, gain fame and respect, and just dial it in like that. I know a lot of people in the chat were suggesting the fight was fixed, and maybe it was.

What do you guys think? Was Pianeta actually trying and that's the best show he could do?

Also, it bugged me that they were so chummy during the fight. When you're fighting you need to have ill intent for the opponent. Like the other Tyson (Mike). You can't be fist bumping and hugging between rounds, and chatting to the guy during the rounds and still put on a brutal display of violence.

I honestly thought Fury looked decent, in that his cardio was okay (even though he wasn't pressured which would have tested that), but the fight itself was bunk.

I feel like you're all not seeing it.

This guy wasn't a bum, and this was a fight he shoud've been hugely motivated for. It looked like a light sparring session at the gym because he wasn't able to land more than 2 decent punches all fight, he lacked motivation because he's a top boxer who just spent 10 rounds not hitting someone who was right in front of him. Its totally demoralising to realise you are THAT far away from the level that you can't even hit someone who's strolling into and out of the pocket as he chooses.. that's why he kept calling Tyson forwards.

What i think you're also missing is just how easy this was for Tyson. He wasn't taking it seriously because he didn't need to, and when you see someone laughing a joking in the corner at round 9 and 10 without a scratch on your face, against a top boxer, you take notice.

Sloppy and unmotivated is exactly how Wlad looked against him. No-one's questioning whether he was elite and he just couldn't box in there. Tyson is huge, strong, read opponents extremely well, and extra-terrestrially quick for his size. I think he takes Wilder and AJ, although they both have a good punchers chance.

I haven't seen a big heavyweight this illusive since Ali (of course he hasn't got the smoothness, style or conditioning of Ali)

The weird thing about this fight is that there were two guys in the ring and while Fury is obviously the interest, I'm dying to discuss Pianeta's performance. I mean this didn't even seem to be an attempt at a fight by him. It was literally like a sparring session, and honestly even for that it was lacking. I know we weren't supposed to expect much from him, but seriously was he even interested in winning the fight?

I don't understand how a person can get an opportunity to be on a world's stage, gain fame and respect, and just dial it in like that. I know a lot of people in the chat were suggesting the fight was fixed, and maybe it was.

What do you guys think? Was Pianeta actually trying and that's the best show he could do?

Also, it bugged me that they were so chummy during the fight. When you're fighting you need to have ill intent for the opponent. Like the other Tyson (Mike). You can't be fist bumping and hugging between rounds, and chatting to the guy during the rounds and still put on a brutal display of violence.
Guys get paid to show up and lose all the time. Plenty of lower level fights tend to be just one-sided sparring sessions with journeymen who either have to protect themselves above all else so they can get more fights in the immediate future, or just have no hope anyway. Pianeta was a complete no hoper and that's why he got picked, and it's shitty that the fight was made in the first place. Realistically even if Pianeta turned in the best performance he possibly could, he would get beaten down and it wouldn't impact his career any differently. He's also 33 and the best of his boxing career is behind him. It'd be different if he were still a hungry young guy thinking he can defy the odds, but Pianeta now hasn't got any ambitions left in the sport, and it's just a job for him. And his job was just to show up, and he did that. If they wanted more from him, someone who would actually threaten Fury at all, they would've got someone else.

Fans really shouldn't blame the journeymen type fighters in these situations. Shitty fights like that are on the promoters for making lopsided matches rather than on the fighters who are just trying to make some cash and enjoy boxing.

Back