Tyson's height

there was this though:

Brown introduced Bob Arum to Ali, then asked him a favor: Set up a bout between the ex-football player and the heavyweight champ. Arum relayed Brown's message to Ali, who asked for a meeting.

"So I went to talk to Ali," Arum told Mannix. "He says, 'Jim wants to do what? Bring him here.' So I took him to Hyde Park in London, where Ali used to run. Ali said, 'Jimmy, here's what we're going to do: You hit me as hard as you can.'
So Brown starts swinging and swinging, and he can't hit him. He's swinging wildly and not even coming close. This goes on for, like, 30 seconds.

"Then Ali hits him with this quick one-two to his face. Jimmy just stops and says, 'OK, I get the point.' "

So if a football player quits after a one-two, what would the point be in fighting an average joe?

I was thinking about that too recently how Ali never got into fights outside the ring, or at least there are no stories about it.
But then again, there are a lot of boxers who didn't, like Holyfield.

That doesn't mean anything though...I have no doubt though that they could take care of themselves if it came down to it.
A bare knuckle punch from Ali could result in the loss of an eye.

I know that a middleweight (I'm not gonna mention his name) got in an argument with 3 aggressive teenagers who were armed with batons.
They approched him in an underground garage...he took away the batons from them and defended himself accodingly.
Of course he got into a lawsuit because his hands are registered as deadly weapons, but the judge understood that he was in the right
and wasn't too harsh with the penalty.
that's terrible, I don't have any legit credentials where the law could use them against me but if that happens to me, i'm not even sticking around long enough for anyone to catch me. I knew a guy, kinda a loose cannon but an mma fighter, he barely escaped prison over a bar fight. I guess there have been occasions that that could have happened to me but I was angelic looking when I was younger, the one time I really could have been in trouble, the cops looked at little me and then the big guy I hurt and they shook my hand. It could just have easily gone the other way though. Ali was in a couple fights as a teen that I'm aware of, some kids badgered him in the lunchroom so he knocked one of them down, and he was doing roadwork, and being as people hated his mouth, a grown man sucker punched him, they said he went down to his knees and got up swinging until the guy told his pals to get him off. As an adult, ali (again that mouth) had a very public fight with joe frazier on wide world of sports and they say he and sonny liston had words, some say liston pulled a guy but other sources say that liston called him the n word and a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and slapped him, some say all liston did was tell him to leave, which young clay did and admitted later to being afraid. Also, dick schaap told an amusing story of a young clay and he driving down south, they got gas, the gas attendant was a big black guy, schaap says he told clay "tell him that's enough, we have to go" Clay did as told and the man said "who's doing this me or you" clay said "you're the boss man". schaap busted clay's chops saying "you've been saying you can beat liston and you let that guy talk to you like that" Ali replied "that guy looked meaner than Liston"

there was this though:

So if a football player quits after a one-two, what would the point be in fighting an average joe?
there's photos of them actually sparring, and the one arum is talking about, I don't think it was anything serious and the "one/two" was open handed, just letting him know that he could do anything. the curious thing is, brown actually thought wilt could beat ali in their proposed match, according to what he said in an interview a few years ago. Hard to find anyone who would agree but, wilt was a freak of nature, a giant who's feats even todays players couldn't duplicate.

Why is it pathetic? It’s impressive that being that height he was one of the most dominant HW champs at the time
He might've meant "pathetic 5'10" as how people will sometimes say "Strong 6'2" meaning almost 6'3, or "Weak 6'1" meaning closer to 6'. So "pathetic 5'10" might actually mean 5'8 or 9

that's terrible, I don't have any legit credentials where the law could use them against me but if that happens to me, i'm not even sticking around long enough for anyone to catch me. I knew a guy, kinda a loose cannon but an mma fighter, he barely escaped prison over a bar fight. I guess there have been occasions that that could have happened to me but I was angelic looking when I was younger, the one time I really could have been in trouble, the cops looked at little me and then the big guy I hurt and they shook my hand. It could just have easily gone the other way though. Ali was in a couple fights as a teen that I'm aware of, some kids badgered him in the lunchroom so he knocked one of them down, and he was doing roadwork, and being as people hated his mouth, a grown man sucker punched him, they said he went down to his knees and got up swinging until the guy told his pals to get him off. As an adult, ali (again that mouth) had a very public fight with joe frazier on wide world of sports and they say he and sonny liston had words, some say liston pulled a guy but other sources say that liston called him the n word and a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and slapped him, some say all liston did was tell him to leave, which young clay did and admitted later to being afraid. Also, dick schaap told an amusing story of a young clay and he driving down south, they got gas, the gas attendant was a big black guy, schaap says he told clay "tell him that's enough, we have to go" Clay did as told and the man said "who's doing this me or you" clay said "you're the boss man". schaap busted clay's chops saying "you've been saying you can beat liston and you let that guy talk to you like that" Ali replied "that guy looked meaner than Liston"

Hmm that's interesting... There's also a story with Marciano.
When they were shooting their Computer fight, Ali was teasing Marciano about his toupee and even taking it off his head. Finally Marciano had enough and hit Ali with a hard body shot. Ali didn't do anything about it and the teasing stopped from that point on.

They say Ali was a strange boxer inside the ring. But they also say your personality outside the ring applies to what you do inside the ring. So maybe Ali was overall strange.

Or maybe looked at boxing as a game like tennis or basketball. He never boxed angry like James Toney or Mike Tyson.

His innovative approach to boxing and training must've came from a different way of thinking.

Last edited:
Hmm that's interesting... There's also a story with Marciano.
When they were shooting their Computer fight, Ali was teasing Marciano about his toupee and even taking it off his head. Finally Marciano had enough and hit Ali with a hard body shot. Ali didn't do anything about it and the teasing stopped from that point on.

They say Ali was a strange boxer inside the ring. But they also say your personality outside the ring applies to what you do inside the ring. So maybe Ali was overall strange.

Or maybe looked at boxing as a game like tennis or basketball. He never boxed angry like James Toney or Mike Tyson.

His innovative approach to boxing and training must've came from a different way of thinking.
ya, heard that and believe it, ali came out of the computer fight with new respect for the rock.

might sound crazy but i've heard that height can fluctuate by about an inch or so.

Every night you go to bed shorter than you got out of it. All your joints compress.

Marathon runners lose about 2-3' during their races due to the 3hrs of pavement running

Every night you go to bed shorter than you got out of it. All your joints compress.

Marathon runners lose about 2-3' during their races due to the 3hrs of pavement running
Pretty sure f1 drivers heights vary during races because of the g force.

2 to 3 inches? that's fucking hard to believe.

Pretty sure f1 drivers heights vary during races because of the g force.
ya, i do believe that joints compress, it's been known for a long time how a fighters height varies depending on when you measure. I'd say my own height has varied by about 3/4 inches. also, people shrink as they get older for the same reason. my stepdad used to be 6 foot, now he's about my height, 5-10.

2 to 3 inches? that's fucking hard to believe.

That would mean they grow 3 inches to their prior height after their bones recover?
LOL, why am I hearing this for the first time after so many years on this planet?

I assume it's a postural related thing...meaning you can't stand upright no more after such a long run.

That would mean they grow 3 inches to their prior height after their bones recover?
LOL, why am I hearing this for the first time after so many years on this planet?

I assume it's a postural related thing...meaning you can't stand upright no more after such a long run.
No it’s the space between the vertebrae in your back and neck. When they are being compressed into each other with downward gravity, happens when your back is perpendicular to the ground.

2-3 inches was way out lads my bad

I was thinking about something else....

Tyson probably said pathetic 5'10 because if you're a dude and you are shorter than 6' you are pathetic. Being short and having fat people in your family is a sign of shitty genes.

Also, look up the IQ world map, if your ancestors are from the lower IQ areas of the world AND you are short, shit, its going to be a tough life.

Back