U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low;

I’m glad you have someone special. I have a girlfriend but it’s not super serious and I have an 8 year old boy who lives with me from a previous relationship. Do you eventually want to live together at least or have children or do you want to live alone when you’re 60 or 70?
Yeah, if it reaches that stage, than I'd happily live with her. We both like our current living arrangements for convenience when going to and from work, and she's pretty into the luxury loft thing (which I'm not into), so we'd need to work that out eventually. Neither of us want kids though, and my tubes are already tied.

Some people would make great parents and I wish them all the success in the world. I'm just not one of them.

We need to make sure we’re getting a lot of immigration from poor, radicalized, America hating countries to ensure our population grows in perpetuity

I pity anyone that needs to rely on @alanb for legal representation. Can’t spell or utilize proper grammar and utterly incapable of making a cogent argument. I can’t think of a more apt descriptor than “neckbeard.”

Alan, thanks for the laughs, it’s been a while since you displayed your ignorance so blatantly by yet again flogging your beloved feminist bogeyman. I disagree with most of the tenets of feminism, but my god you are ridiculous. The feminist cabal: first they took down your dipshit pal War Machine, now they are sabotaging birth rates in America (and I’m guessing all developed countries?) Get a grip, man.

Today’s economy and liberal culture are not supportive of families. Not only is it hard to support a family with one income these days, but feminism/liberalism looks down on the family unit.

End abortion for one thing. Paid leave for both parents. Increase the tax subsidy. But it has to be more than that. We need to change our culture. Modern culture has moved away from the individual being part of a greater society. There is no longer a connectivity between fellow Americans. We need to promote television shows that promote the nuclear family. Teach the value of marriage in our schools. Promote a culture where women are not shamed for staying at home.

End abortion? GTFO.

And of course there is no family friendly social adhesion or national identity in the multi CULTi world.

I'm fine with this. Maybe then I won't be stuck in traffic for hours on end.

Besides, the robots will be doing everything for us well before a low population will be an issue. We don't need to increase our birth rates or import any third worldlers. We'll be fine.

3.8 million births and an average of 2.8 million deaths per year not including immigrants that's an average citizen population increase of a million per year

Is it true America has no paid maternity leave at all?

Kids arent that expensive, public school is like free daycare, and if you're poor then you get free HC and a bunch of other stuff.

Going to assume you know fuck all about the topic.

I doubt most people are just going to admit that the ruined their lives, true or not. I know people who absolutely ruined their lives by having children in highschool. They would say the same thing about having kids.

Simple maths.

Population is growing, thus choosing to have a second kid is very common.

Most people decide to go again.

Huh? I said people with kids don't give any good reasons (and lots of bad reasons) for having kids such as their life revolving entirely around the kids. I gave an example of someone who's life completely changed and now revolves entirely around his kids and, without knowing him, you and other posters have decided to play arm chair psychologist for him.

The clairvoyance is impressive.

tyson.gif

All I did was offer some suggestions. You can have kids and still have fun.

I pity anyone that needs to rely on @alanb for legal representation. Can’t spell or utilize proper grammar and utterly incapable of making a cogent argument. I can’t think of a more apt descriptor than “neckbeard.”

Alan, thanks for the laughs, it’s been a while since you displayed your ignorance so blatantly by yet again flogging your beloved feminist bogeyman. I disagree with most of the tenets of feminism, but my god you are ridiculous. The feminist cabal: first they took down your dipshit pal War Machine, now they are sabotaging birth rates in America (and I’m guessing all developed countries?) Get a grip, man.
83602f69-3e28-403a-bf8b-f64891148ddd.jpg

Feminism did it, brought to you by the guy that blames feminism for why men beat women near to death.

The third world is largely responsible for the growth of human population.

More specifically Africa https://qz.com/1016790/more-than-half-of-the-worlds-population-growth-will-be-in-africa-by-2050/
By 2050 around 2.2 billion people could be added to the global population and more than half of that growth will occur in Africa.

Africa will account for the highest population spurt with an additional 1.3 billion people on the continent, a new UN population report shows.

Much of Africa’s population boom will come from Nigeria, currently the world’s 7th most populous country. By 2050, the report predicts, Nigeria will become the world’s third largest country by population, becoming one of the six nations projected to have a population of over 300 million.

But the rapid population growth poses a conundrum for many African governments as to how public infrastructure, much of which is already at a deficit, will keep pace with the rising number of citizens. Nigeria currently struggles to cater to the education needs of its millions of annual high school graduates. Indeed, between 2010 and 2015, of the 10 million applicants that sought entry into Nigerian tertiary institutions,only 26% gained admission with Nigeria’s university system sorely lacking in capacity.

UN’s report echoes similar sentiments. Across 47 countries (33 of which are in Africa) which are designated by the United Nations as the least developed countries, population is expected to nearly double from 1 billion in 2017 to 1.9 billion by 2050. The population growth, UN argues, will make it “harder” for governments in these countries which are already struggling with reducing poverty and hunger as well as improve access to standard health and education systems.

Africa’s rapid population growth will occur despite expected reductions in fertility rates on the continent from 4.7 births per woman between 2010 and 2015 to 3.1 births per woman between 2045 and 2050 with countries like Kenya recording significant progress. The continued growth despite the drop in fertility rates is down to the “age structure” of the continent’s population as Africa is home to a bulk of the world’s youngest countries. Beyond 2050, Africa is expected to be the only region still experiencing “substantial population growth,” as such the continent’s share of the global population could rise from 17% at present to 40% by 2100.

Is it true America has no paid maternity leave at all?

Going to assume you know fuck all about the topic.
yeah sure, I've got 5 kids going through private school, I'm surely the least experienced among the crowd.

Multiple reasons this is happening in my
opinion with doing no research on it at all

1. More women wanting to advance their career
2. People waiting till their 30s to start raising a family
3. mindsets of millenials. They just aren't that interested in having kids. (I get it)
4. Finances

I am fine with legal immigration
I do not want legal immigration to be the only answer
Social Security needs to be reformed.
Don't depend on SS folks. You will regret it.

No one I know ever makes a good argument for having kids. Their lives completely change and become 100% dependent on their kids and all I hear about is the lack of sleep, sex, freedom, doing anything interesting, have to move to some shitty/boring area for them, have to take some shitty job to support them, and spend a ton of money on them ... but it's the best thing they've ever done! Except they don't or can't explain why.
Because successful reproduction means you get to ensure that your genes and culture continue? Yeah fapping and video games and drinking and sending dick pics to fellow sherdoggers is fun and all, but to not reproduce is to fail at life in the long run

yeah sure, I've got 5 kids going through private school, I'm surely the least experienced among the crowd.

So your apparent 5 private school kids are proof you know about public school and being poor??

Men get screwed in courts and women initiate almost 70% of divorces.

I have heard so many stories of men paying child support and their ex screwing them over by saying they did not pay it or finding ways to force them to pay more.

Back