U.S. Plans to Withdraw From UN Human Rights Council Today

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
The Trump administration plans to announce its withdrawal from the United Nations Human Rights Council on Tuesday, making good on a pledge to leave a body it has long accused of hypocrisy and criticized as biased against Israel, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and U.S. Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley plan to announce the withdrawal at the State Department in Washington at 5 p.m., the people said. They asked not to be identified discussing a decision that hadn’t yet been made public.

The 47-member council, based in Geneva and created in 2006, began its latest session on Monday with a broadside against President Donald Trump’s immigration policy by the UN’s high commissioner for human rights. He called the policy of separating children from parents crossing the southern border illegally “unconscionable.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...dy-to-pull-u-s-from-un-s-human-rights-council

Maybe they can get Saudi Arabia as our replacement.

It’ll be a bad headline media will use against Trump, but it’s a shitty org with some definite human rights offenders leading it. And they do nothing anyways

Well when your new BFF is one of the worst offenders and you don’t have the balls to call him out on it, this decision seemed predictable.

The Trump administration plans to announce its withdrawal from the United Nations Human Rights Council on Tuesday, making good on a pledge to leave a body it has long accused of hypocrisy and criticized as biased against Israel, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and U.S. Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley plan to announce the withdrawal at the State Department in Washington at 5 p.m., the people said. They asked not to be identified discussing a decision that hadn’t yet been made public.

The 47-member council, based in Geneva and created in 2006, began its latest session on Monday with a broadside against President Donald Trump’s immigration policy by the UN’s high commissioner for human rights. He called the policy of separating children from parents crossing the southern border illegally “unconscionable.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...dy-to-pull-u-s-from-un-s-human-rights-council

Maybe they can get Saudi Arabia as our replacement.
Isn't a Saudi the head of that council?

That guy doesn't understand that the UN is just simply a tool for the US to try to legitimate all their aggressive wars.
I guess its good for the rest of the World. It will be more difficult for the US to justify killing a bunch of farmers without the UN.

I do however appreciate that the nationalists Trump leave because of his love for Israel.
That is, of course, something all legit nationalist would do.

Can we just have another world war already? Or at least something domestic here in the States. We can do the Liberals vs the Conservatives thing and finally settle this shit with some old fashioned blood shed and death. I'm sick of the 24/7 unremitting bullshit of it all.

Can we just have another world war already? Or at least something domestic here in the States. We can do the Liberals vs the Conservatives thing and finally settle this shit with some old fashioned blood shed and death. I'm sick of the 24/7 unremitting bullshit of it all.

It is dragging on too fucking long. On everything. I am getting fucking fatigued of this shit. Trump killed the market AGAIN. He needs to fit all of his stupidity into one day though it wouldnt fit. This is Chinese water torture. It is making myself and many others very agitated.

Trump is volatility in human form. Nothing can get done under such conditions.

Meh. Wasn't Saudi Arabia a part of it at one point?

Well when your new BFF is one of the worst offenders and you don’t have the balls to call him out on it, this decision seemed predictable.

Imagine typing that and hitting the post button lol.

Global human rights won't suffer from this, but the PLO/Hamas agenda will.

and once again America are the laughing stock of the world

The US hasn’t ever been into “humanitarian” causes, so why is anyone surprised?

Back