Social Uber taking Toronto to court, alleging move to cap rideshare vehicles is ‘illegal’

GoldenWolf87

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Toronto once again doing something ridiculous.

The NDP Mayor had argued that rideshare license cap will reduce pollution.
I have to disagree with the mayor's claim on that one.

Uber taking Toronto to court, alleging move to cap rideshare vehicles is ‘illegal’

Chow has argued that the rideshare licence cap will reduce pollution and downtown congestion. Other councillors have warned the move could potentially open council up to legal risks.
Uber issued a statement shortly after the vote, saying the cap will hurt residents who rely on rideshare and hurt their drivers’ income, noting the company was reviewing their legal options.

The more I hear about it, the more I side with Uber and believe they will win this.

Uber should win this. People still need to get to where they are going. I use the subway, but a lot of people don’t. When I go to the airport, I use Uber. If I can’t get an Uber, I’ll take a cab or drive. Ultimately, the city makes the rules. I’m pretty sure they waved a lot of prior rules for Uber to enter the market.

Uber should win this. People still need to get to where they are going. I use the subway, but a lot of people don’t. When I go to the airport, I use Uber. If I can’t get an Uber, I’ll take a cab or drive. Ultimately, the city makes the rules. I’m pretty sure they waved a lot of prior rules for Uber to enter the market.
Dude, take the UP express

Back