ucf wrestling

Then go and train there and report back.

Why come here and question a program of dudes dedicated to a sport for no other reason than they love the sport?

As far as I'm concerned you're just an attention whore who isn't really interested in wrestling or training. You just wanted internet points for asking the question.
lolol i was just asking a question :) about how good were they if that offended you thats your problem i meant 0 disrespect

If you have access to it go. I’ve been down to Florida it’s probably the best you’re gonna get. I learned my freshman year that wrestling in college is a different animal so don’t think that your mma wrestling is going to hold much weight.

For some reason Florida seems to have a few very good Greco clubs. UCF is Tom lawlor's alma matter right? I hear he was a very good college HW in his day.
Florida also had the Grajales brothers, Eric in particular being one of the best HS wrestlers of his era. He is actually an interesting study in Florida wrestling. He was incredibly dominant in Florida HS competition, did well in Fargo, better on the Greco side than the freestyle side, got a full ride to the University of Michigan and made DI All American just once (3rd place). After college he qualified for the Olympic trials in Greco but didn't make the team. im not sure what he is up to now but I think he is 2-0 in MMA.
Cuban Olympic and world medalist Lazaro Reinoso is a HS coach in Florida now, Im sure he and all the other Cuban world team guys living in Florida like Yoel Romero, Alexis Vila, Michel Bautista, Maikel Perez Gonzalez, Gustavo Balart, are all involved with the wrestling clubs down there.
Aside from that you have Greg Jones and Kami Barzini coaching what used to be Blackzilians.
Point is, there is some definite quality wrestling in Florida if you are willing to drive some.

Most of their kids were state qualifiers or placers in high school. Probably as good a room as you're going to find in FL other than a few of the top high schools.
Aside from the MMA gyms down there that house fantastic wrestling clubs. Steve Mocco has been building his club at the main ATT in Cocnut creek and there is also ATT Kendall and Combat Club. You can train with a 3x NCAA champ, an Iranian cadet world champ, and a bunch of Cuban Olympians at those places.

Great post imo.

I don't really like the idea of people looking down on non D1 programs. There are a lot of good to great wrestlers outside of D1 rooms.

Travel Dlagnev has a couple of World Bronze medals and was a top 5 guy in the world for almost a decade and he was D2. Mo Lawal also started out D2.

Emmett Willson of the NAIA won the Hodge Trophy after beating JD Bergman, BJ Padden and outplacing Damian Hahn in a tournament.

Cormier was a JUCO champ before transferring to Okie State.

There are only 76 D1 programs in the country which means there are a lot of good wrestlers in the lower college divisions.
Absolutely. There have been a bunch of non DI wrestlers do well on the world stage for Team USA.
Chad Lamer (D II) won a University World title in freestyle.
Bobby Lashley (NAIA) won a silver at Military Worlds along with a bunch of other international medals.
John Peterson (DII) won Olympic gold, silver and a few world medals.
Kamaru Usman (D II) won some big matches internationally.
Daniel Igali (NAIA) won a world and Olympic gold for Canada.

UCF has some decent guys. I worked out with one of their heavyweights last year and I could tell he knew how to wrestle.

Back