PBP UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche Prelims PBP (Discussion) 3:30pm PT/ 6:30pm ET/ 11:30pm

"the key to winning this fight is being smart"

Alrighty, Kos is going for the takedown ASAP.

Oh, I was just quoting the guy that I was trying to get a response from, I didn't know his camp at all...AKA got it.

Either way, nobody expects him to be great at it all of the sudden, but having the basics down would help, and his camp is more that qualified to give him that.

WTF.

Rogan smokes at his free time yes. No news.

If Rogan smokes during the shows, we'll i doubt that will be popular.

But I'm starting to think about it after his recent speech.
Ohh okay, i just remember thinking many times that Rogan is high during an event.
Maybe thats just me though :D

Lavar's wrestling won't improve.

Lavar has a fierce stand up presence, but he needs to take a page out of Junior Dos Santos's book and learn to become very difficult to take down. If he can manage to keep the fight standing, despite guys best efforts, thats where he can let his natural talents shine.

But if he has no problems getting put on his ass for 3 rounds, then going home a loser while talking about how the guy didnt have enough balls to stand with him he will be a perpetual minor league fighter for the remainder of his career.

The guy has the tools to do serious work in this sport, but its critical that he improves.

If Carmouche loses to an armbar, well then women in general are just plain retarded.

EVERYONE know Rhonda is going for it, you have MONTHS to prepare defending that shit.

Either way, nobody expects him to be great at it all of the sudden, but having the basics down would help, and his camp is more that qualified to give him that.

Oh yea you can't learn perfect TDD in one 3-4 month camp but you can at least get some down..or at least drill getting back to ur feet, Lavar basically had nothing off the back except punches.

Waste of time. He's 35 years old, and despite already training with those guys, he's shown he has zero grappling skills. He's not miraculously going to acquire them in the next year. Honestly, Lavar is either going to "bang" or do nothing. If Dana is cool with that, then keep him. But if he only wants the best of the best, Lavar doesn't belong in the UFC. He is not a complete fighter at all, he's purely a puncher.

Yes you're right for the most part. But its hard to grapple from the bottom, when your opponent is that much better. Well Schaub is supposed to be a purple belt. Anyway (even though he's no wizard himself) he's spent that much more time into it, that Lavar will never be able to reach/be near his level.

What I want to see is purely takedown defense. He needs to learn that. And quick. Cormier and Velasquez must be able to do at least something. Cause it can't be much worse that this.

I hope Dana will get him one more chance. But i doubt that after the recent days cutting spree.

Then cut Lavar, too, because he's the other side of that coin: the guy who needs to avoid the TD, or look for another profession. This showed strictly wrestling > strictly striking.

That's alright with me. Lavar is just a filler for the HW division anyway.

Still, if you are the one taking your opponent down - you should be doing it for a reason, as in working towards a TKO Strikes or a Submission.
Schaub took Lavar down to score points by doing nothing, because the judging criteria are fucked - which is the only reason he won the fight.

Can't wait to watch his ass get hardcore KO'd yet again and hopefully he'll never fight in the UFC again after that.

Called it. I think they both will be on the list of the 84 remaining fighters they are going to cut from the UFC.

Nah. HW is deep. Lavar fights how Dana loves. He's safe.

Schaub on the other hand...on his next loss....eep

Back