UFC 158: Georges St-Pierre vs Nick Diaz PBP (Discussion)

Terror Zone/Urban Savage on suicide watch

OK, not really. I told you GSP would have no issue with Nick on the ground though

Im a big Diaz fan, and honestly i thought he would have pressed the action more, but i think all the TDs and holding position got to him. He seemed way too worried about that after the 1st round.

He did however get a few good shots in at least, some i thought he could have turned into nice combos but unfortunately did not.

That's an honest answer. I respect that.

Well because typically training someone involves articulating things to them in an easy, comprehensible manner under stressful circumstances. "Get that bitch!" will only get a fighter so far

And how comprehensible is Freddy Roach? Do you really think that Diaz can't explain BJJ technique calmly in a gym?

Pretty sure about 95+% of the Sherdoggers in UFC Discussion forum don't know how to grapple. Unless you have some appreciation for BJJ/wrestling/etc as a player, it's really not a spectator sport. It's unfortunate, too, because IMO it seems that the rules are becoming increasingly geared toward turning MMA into kickboxing. But, hey, that's what sells... make it bleed.

The fuck? Takedowns and top control are the most rewarded aspects of a fight.

I see your point.

Now, please: tell us what aspects of Nick's game you thought worthy of praise tonight.

I thought his after the bell / end of round tactics were ... unorthodox and inspired. Truly inspired. Most likely from him looking like every other opponent GSP has dominated in the actual rounds.

He also did an excellent job of wiping the mat with his face.

Fight went exactly the way most of us had expected.

Except, I knew that GSP was gonna be careful and Nick always takes his time but neither fighter didn't show any sign of wanting to finish, which was very disappointing.

Anyway, if Nick really decides to quit, I wish him all the best in life.
P4P most entertaining fighter & most interesting and likeable personality!

WAR Nick

Need this guy to return.

Why do you have a fixation with homosexual oral sex? Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but really. It's a bit odd.

Making a comment about your 50 comments proclaiming your love for GSP, and I have "homosexual fixation".....I used to call people homos too....when I was 8 or 9 years old.....do you still think girls have "cooties?"

As much as I hated watching it GSP did what he had to do. Diaz game plan was to tire him out yet when GSP slowed down from the 3rd on Diaz didn't throw enough or apply any preasure. I've always been a huge Diaz fan and had he gone down swinging and lost, I'd be ok with the loss but it seem like he was only out there for the paycheck. Very dissapointed with Diaz performance he didn't throw enough when he should have. if this is all Diaz has he should retire cause i dont want to watch him go in there for a pay check. Where was his amazing cardio. fucking Diaz SWING HOMIE!!!! You can't win if you dont swing.

Yeah Diaz would probably get his ass beat a lot more with Pride rules. Knees also he would get owned in north/south. "Funny" how good north-south was in Pride and how useless that very same position is under UFC rules.

Someone needs to start a "Would You Please STFU GSP Haters!" thread and it needs to be stickied. Not even kidding. George busted his a-hole. Split it open. Gape style. And he won a 5 round decision. Deal with it. And unpolitely eff off.

Not sure if you noticed but GSP's face gets messed up very easily. Some people are like that.

Silva took a beat down against Sonnen and his face looked normal afterward. Life is unfair.

Georges actually holds up really well, any damage shown on his face is from power strikes just like anyone else. I was surprised to hear that Nick got his scar tissue operated on, I was worried that it would cause problems.
Anyway, point was that neglecting Nick's contribution to the fight isn't cool.

Easily got a RNC on Nick at any time during the 5 rounds you say..

That's when you know you're dealing with a fucking idiot.

I thought his after the bell / end of round tactics were ... unorthodox and inspired. Truly inspired. Most likely from him looking like every other opponent GSP has dominated.

He also did an excellent job of wiping the mat with his face.

Now, now. Let's not be petty. His scrambling was also pretty damn good.

And you have to give him credit for wanting to face the best in the world. He got the fight and found out that there's another level. That's all. Can't blame the guy for being very good but not great. In the final minute or so I was thinking, "this is where Anderson proved his greatness by subbing Chael." So I gave Nick a chance, even at that point. But no dice. Nick is VERY good. Just not GREAT. The great ones find ways to win.

LOL at Diaz talking about problems on the ground. And that last two round they both looked gassed but Diaz looked really gassed with his hands down. So much for that 23 min of hitting speed bag :rolleyes:

Someone needs to start a "Would You Please STFU GSP Haters!" thread and it needs to be stickied. Not even kidding. George busted his a-hole. Split it open. Gape style. And he won a 5 round decision. Deal with it. And unpolitely eff off.

Canadian GSP frontrunners/nuthuggers are adorable......:icon_neut

Props to Diaz for expertly selling the fight and being able to bang with the champ after a year off. I hope he got fat paid.

Back