UFC 165: Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson PBP (Discussion)

10-10 is not appropriate for high volume rounds. 10-10 is more appropriate for a "staring contest" where both fighters circle around each other without landing significant punches. High volume rounds should be judged on number of strikes and significant damage.

Judges are there to judge, not to please.

Sherdoggers have such a hard on for 10-10 rounds lmao. No matter what happens during a round you can pretty much count on one dude to call it 10-10 in the discussion thread.

"Idk man, he got hit in the face a lot but I think he was damaging that guy's hand pretty bad. 10-10"

Sherdoggers have such a hard on for 10-10 rounds lmao. No matter what happens during a round you can pretty much count on one dude to call it 10-10 in the discussion thread.

"Idk man, he got hit in the face a lot but I think he was damaging that guy's hand pretty bad. 10-10"

It's an easy way to score a round when you don't want to admit your fighter lost.

Talking to Glover now.

Now see, him I can't see beating Jones. he may be a hard hitter, but he has little head movement and is nowhere near as mobile as Gus.

i imagine it will look like Jones vs Rampage.

Agreed, hopefully Phil is after Glover or Gus again (with more cardio training and maybe a little more pacing himself)

The next generation is finally catching up to Jones to usurp the old school guys

Talking to Glover now.

Now see, him I can't see beating Jones. he may be a hard hitter, but he has little head movement and is nowhere near as mobile as Gus.

i imagine it will look like Jones vs Rampage.

I'm really interested in this fight. Idk what to think about Glover because I don't think we've seen him fight a top guy yet.

WOW that was an incredible fight! Gustafsson put on a great effort he could have gotten the win with that performance, Jones showed great heart and showed what a true champion he is. That was the fight of the year a rematch should happen at some point!

In my opinion, it depends on how you looked at the fight.

I thought that Rogan/Goldberg were really biased with Gustaffson, making big reactions for everything Gustaffson did.

Good point. The commentators (and the crowd) play a big part in how we view the fight.

That's why I watch most fights on mute. I did for this one last night and gave Jones 2, 4 and 5.

The UFC should offer an option on PPV to only hear crowd noise, or only hear the in rings mics, etc.

Wow everything has happened

The cut

The first takedown

Jones has said when he gets taken down its like a defeat

Oh my days
Oh my days!

A liked comment got me to that post

Good point. The commentators (and the crowd) play a big part in how we view the fight.

That's why I watch most fights on mute. I did for this one last night and gave Jones 2, 4 and 5.

The UFC should offer an option on PPV to only hear crowd noise, or only hear the in rings mics, etc.

Can't you get rid of the broadcast commentary if you use the alternate camera views on the Pass Fight/UFC.tv media player?

ETA LOL I just realized that I responded to a three and a half year old post.

Back