UFC 167: Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks PBP (Discussion)

Johny in a pretty good mood considering what happened.

You could actually argue that GSP won 4 rounds. Same goes for Hendricks. Very close fight.

Only if you are a blind moron. No way gsp won more than 2 rounds. Worst robbery I ever seen.

Please, for the love of God. People need to stop acting like it was a fucken robbery. It was a close fight. The punch totals tell some of the story. Damage is not taken into consideration in scoring a fucken fight. I think people were just ready to have a different champ that they're telling themselves Johny was robbed. Fn idiots.
http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/4441

Like with jones and Gus that was close so the champ getting the nod was fine but I was positive Hendricks won it.

Thing is most of the media in that fight scored it for Jones, and from what I've seen so far that wasn't the case in this fight.

Please, for the love of God. People need to stop acting like it was a fucken robbery. It was a close fight. The punch totals tell some of the story. Damage is not taken into consideration in scoring a fucken fight. I think people were just ready to have a different champ that they're telling themselves Johny was robbed. Fn idiots.
http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/4441

It was a fucking robbery. If you're going to base your decision on bullshit statistics you can fuck right off.

24prum

WOW that was a very entertaining fight! Hendricks did more and should have won but still a great win for GSP I think they may have a rematch and should at some point!

GSP in the presser said he thought he won three, couldn't remember the fight during Rogan's interview. He can say anything he wants but has to live with a LOSE.

GSP in the presser said he thought he won three, couldn't remember the fight during Rogan's interview. He can say anything he wants but has to live with a LOSE.

And you have to live with a LOSS to being intelligent.

I think this is another one where it could have gone either way, but the fact that the loser did more damage in his high points and/or did better than we expected made the decision more shocking than need be.

This, which is why judging needs to make more liberal use of 10-7s 10-8s and 10-10s so a round a fighter solidly won is a 10-8, what is now a 10-8 is a 10-7 and toss up rounds should just get the 10-10, that would eliminate the "unfairness" of these kinds of fights

well....wonder if he expounded on his leave of absence when it went down...probably

Back