UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz PBP (Discussion)

Nick won rounds 1 and 4, he let an opportunity to win the fight get away.

Welp you now what. I was wrong on the scoring. So be it. I still would have picked Silva to win and had him winning on the cards.

Great fight.

I loved every second of it. Felt great watching that. Two titans of the sport.

For the record I am not disputing the win. No dispute there. I just cannot see how Diaz didn't win rounds 2 and very much guessing round 1. Silva didn't do shit in round one. Diaz maintained control and was in center. That isn't for points as much as energy expenditure and measuring. Diaz was all over Silva though yes, it was close.

I have no issue with Silva winning. I just, for the life of me, cannot accept people show say 5 - 0 was clear. What a joke.

Ah, no big dispute then with me as I thought first two were close. I personally gave them to Anderson, but didn't think they were clear rounds for either.

Neither Silva the best striker of all times could beat nick. Then who? So many guys paid for see nick being koed and they didnt. Maybe jon jones? Who is going to beat nick instead of taking points while running and circling?

Neither Silva the best striker of all times could beat nick. Then who? So many guys paid for see nick being koed and they didnt. Maybe jon jones? Who is going to beat nick instead of taking points while running and circling?

we saw a conservative Silva for obvious reasons tonight. he played it safe.

Don't secondarily impart that into what I am saying. that flop isn't scored by me or the judges. That is just a show

I wasn't connecting that post to you at all, it was a reply to another poster, it's mostly me trying to understand how judging works in Nick's mind.

He complained after the fight that Anderson wasn't engaging, but what can you call flopping and standing still? Can't call it engaging.

For what its worth you sound like a good man. I have no issue arguing the scoring. You kept it civil even with the decision on your side. Peace my man.

I've been away from UFC and Sherdog for a bit, it's always pleasant to actually see civility here, especially on a fight night!

lmfao. ohhhhh myyyyy godddd. the diaz fanboy level of delusion reaches untold heights. Running and circling? Really? Look at Nicks face home boy. Ando was the aggressor 95% of the time. I just can't even...........

The sad thing is this guy isnt even a troll. He genuinely believes his post.

Very entertaining fight! Diaz did well, great win for Anderson!

Silva won in a very unimpressive performance against a guy who never fought at 185 and Silva easily can fight at LHW. Even though Nick didn't do much, he was still able to clown Silva, stand in front of him with his hands down and not get hurt at all.

Goes to show how good and relevant Nick still is, and will be a serious contender should he choose to go back down to WW.

Goes to show how good and relevant Nick still is, and will be a serious contender should he choose to go back down to WW.

call me crazy but I think he could beat some MWs. i think he is competitivew both at MW and WW but won't become champo at either weight

Back