UFC 188: Cain Velasquez vs. Fabricio Werdum PBP (Discussion)

Cain gasses hard - gets caught in a submission -- Werdum once again shocks the MMA world and cements his status as one of the greats in MMA history.

This wizard right here. Called it before the fight even started. Hey who is going to win the Aldo/McGreggor fight?

Werdum was still affected by the altitude, but he paced himself so well. He has a very high fighter IQ. Rafael doing a bang up job @ Kings.
Cain was putting on his normal pace while getting blasted in the face every other second.

Some are saying this, getting tagged often made him to gas faster and it sure makes sense. I'll have to rewatch the fight tomorrow.

By the time the second round was over, all I was thinking was: "He's gonna do it again!" :eek:

Hell yeah. This dude is one of the top 3 best HWs ever (Fedor, Werdum, Cain IMO) and I honestly believe that he would not beat but finish JDS in a rematch. Both JDS and Arlovski have serious power standing that Cain doesn't though, so that worries me. But imagine if Werdum can defend against those two and avenge his two most recent losses? Fucking hell, what a tale that would be...

Y'all still rank Fedor up there in top 3 HWs? Lmao he got obliterated by a MW. By a fuckin Middle Weight! Y'all crazy mofos lolz

Also, he would not do so well in the UFC with the likes of Cormier, Werdum, Browne, Cain, JDS, GG, and so on. Fedor knows.

Cain gasses hard - gets caught in a submission -- Werdum once again shocks the MMA world and cements his status as one of the greats in MMA history.

Holy, man, are you a fucking wizard?

:icon_surp

Nog? Perhaps, but he has been finished by both Cain and Werdum although he wasn't in his prime. I would say he's top 5 for sure though.I agree that he's overrated but he still beat JDS like no man ever has for 9.5 brutal rounds. He also tied the record for title defenses (though at two, that's not saying much).

We have to take into consideration entire records when talking top 5.
Cain has fought JDS 3x, and Bigfoot 2x over the last 5 years. I think Cain is an amazing talent but his record really hurts his claim.

Werdum wasn't cut, Arlovski wasn't cut and Big Tim wasn't cut from the UFC

They left willingly for more money or because they didn't want to deal with Dana's shit.

I always thought Werdum was cut. Amazing how stuff like that becomes conventional wisdom.

Some are saying this, getting tagged often made him to gas faster and it sure makes sense. I'll have to rewatch the fight tomorrow.

By the time the second round was over, all I was thinking was: "He's gonna do it again!" :eek:

I thought Werdum was going to win in Rd 3 by KO.
I was even going to put in a huge parlay but it was too late when I finally committed to it (would have lost b/c of a prelim pick anyhow).
I didn't truly believe he was going to win tho, until the Last of the Mohican walk out.
After rd 2, I was like oh, shit this is really going to happen :D

Great main event. Very entertaining. Congrats to Frabricio. Cain was a punching bag.

JDS, Miocic, DC, Arlovski would all be good fights for Werdum.

Cain should fight Hunt or Browne

Great main event. Very entertaining. Congrats to Frabricio. Cain was a punching bag.

JDS, Miocic, DC, Arlovski would all be good fights for Werdum.

Cain should fight Hunt or Browne

That's what I thought, fuck the haters.

What about Werdum vs. Cormier if both of them wins their next defense?

They are both "old" and Cormier is looking forward to it; I think.

Cain Velasquez by Guillotine
Fedor Emelianenko by Triangle
Antonio Nogueira by Armbar

I'm LTTP but LOL! Mexico is very disappointed tonight. ANDDDD NEW. Enjoy folks.

Holy shit, Dana brown-nosing the Mexican demographic as if his life depended on it. Never seen anything like it.

How many times was the word ''gassed'' or ''tired'' used between pages 30 to 45?

This is the best fighting moment I had, the more skillful fighter beat the more powerful and aggressive fighter, keep listen to your coach and do your work, and all things will come up eventually, cheers!

Good call!

I myself predicted Werdum to win by sub, just thought it would happen in the 2nd.

29313-834653.png

lol at all the Cain nut huggers blaming "altitude" please continue your tears were delicious

PRIDE NEVER DIES

Thanks for the $$$$ Werdum <3

And lol at Cain's fanboys blaming altitude.

Werdum is just that good.

Cain just lost 90% of his fanbase. Such is life on Sherdog.

Back