UFC 196:Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz PBP (Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, the nut hugging Queens and anti Queens come out don't they? I love Connor, but he bit off more than he could chew. Nate at 170 is average. The real fight would have been at 155. All you Connor haters, have your day, the boy fucked up big time and now eats humble pie. I don't know how old you all are and how long you have followed and watched the fight game. But, a move UP in weight was plain ass stupid. I love Connor and all these fucking whore fighters should love him to. He has made them more money then they ever dreamed of (including you, Cholo Pot smoker Nate and Your ignorant ass brother (who is one of my favorite fighters of all time, but pisses it away for POT, sorry you are a dumb fuck). Call it like it is. The Irishman, got knocked down to reality. Nate didn't prove fuck all. Dana and the Jews win all the way to the bank. Fucking Connor isn't going to tell Dana what to do now is he? This shit is like a Hollywood script... Wake up, you dumb fucks

Got any of that crack left? I think you exhaled too quickly and got aggro bout that.

How does this thread have roughly half the replies of the Holm/Tate thread? I know this fight lasted less than 10 minutes and the other lasted like 22+ minutes, but still, I assumed there would have been 2000 replies easy. Weird.

How does this thread have roughly half the replies of the Holm/Tate thread? I know this fight lasted less than 10 minutes and the other lasted like 22+ minutes, but still, I assumed there would have been 2000 replies easy. Weird.
People are busy spamming every thread on how Conor sucks.

Step back, peasant.

This is the year of McGregor, make no mistake about it. It's still March, accidents happen. Diaz was getting BUTCHERED son. I hope I see you here when it's time to celebrate new years, because by that time Nick Jr will have already been buried and McGregor will be holding titles at 145 and 155. Mark my words. Now off my sight peasant.
....and somehow it was TapGregor that got rocked.

Miesha didn't make the servers blow their wad as much as Diaz did

This is the first time someone got to McGregor's head.
We've all seen Aldo avoiding eye contact, after the "favelas" racist comments.
All the way into the Octagon he COULDN'T look at him.
Mendes was also "arghhhing" when Conor trash-talked.

Nate Diaz was the first person to get Conor really good in verbal assaults.

That's psychology 101.

Sure, the "Cholo" comment with the balloons was great, but Nate ate it well.
Nate came back with the "Touch butt", or the "Who do you train with?"
Conor couldn't reply to that.
He lost his cool, entirely. Then it went downhill,
First time we've ever seen Conor saying "Fuck you" so many times.

Someone wrote here at one of the threads: "Conor got into Nate's head, then he wanted out"
So yeah, Nate might sound slow or dumb at times,
but its the same way he fights or looks.
(No fancy tattoos, no beautiful technique nor spinning kicks)
Plenty of "Fuck yous" or "Speak English moth@#$$@#" comments.

And now the whole world wants to 4:20 with him in the 209 ;)

I had to rewatch the fight to realize how much taunting was going on. Nate was the perfect guy to get in there and beat McGregor down not just physically but mentally as well. Then you add in all the Stockton slaps and the choke at the end... brutal.

I'm still laughing too much to post.

I had to rewatch the fight to realize how much taunting was going on. Nate was the perfect guy to get in there and beat McGregor down not just physically but mentally as well. Then you add in all the Stockton slaps and the choke at the end... brutal.
+1
Whatever McGregor is gonna tweet now is useless. He made him his bitch and it's all recorded.
Now just let Edgar in there, only this time hopefully a bit of a brain damage.

Conor lost me at the racist comments, trash talking is fine but racism is far too low.

Last edited:
Probably the best main/co-main ever. Prelims were amazing too. Rest of the main card was meh.

I absolutely love the outcome of the fight. It was so satisfying to see the most talked about-popular-loved-hated fighter in the UFC getting choked, and tap out twice, in the very fashion we've witnessed. What a fucking badass Nate Diaz is.

So much shit was said and now crows will endangered in Dublin, Ireland. It is truly hilarious. With that being said, without Conor McGregor, this much enjoyment would not have been possible. I love the drama and I am going to give Conor McGregor all the credit he deserves in terms of selling fights and bringing charisma. Yep, it's WWE, but I truly don't give a fuck. I think the UFC and McGregor have nothing to worry about at the moment in regards to making money and maintaining the popularity. When you get people from other walks of life passionately engaging in the fight and in the pre/post discussion on the fight, to me, that's success business-wise.

People "advise" McGregor to work on his jiu-jitsu. To think he hasn't already done that, to me, sounds pretty preposterous.

Is it possible that a high calibre, a UFC fighter with a great win-streak, who is almost 28 years old, who's training partner happens to be a Renzo Gracie black belt with formidable wins in BJJ tournaments, who also has reached the quarter-finals in a European IBJJF tournament, could last this long in the game without some good knowledge/ability in BJJ?

Is this what we mean by "hype-train derailed"? Or is it that McGregor is simply unable to do some things well; therefore, should be be viewed as an overrated fighter?

Whatever it is, McGregor got tooled on Saturday. I don't care if he was gassed, malnourished, over nourished, under-sized, played too much butt tags, he lost. I'm just worried that the loss could will be overturned due to the relationship between Mary Jane and the Diaz Brothers.

I would love for McGregor to talk more shit to make it more interesting so we can see more fights like this. Honestly, now that this happened, I wish McGregor will comeback even stronger than ever and fucking tool everyone at FW, LW, WW, retire rich and forever gloat like Floyd Mayweather.

Sorry for the long read.

Hahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahh conor sucks

+1
Whatever McGregor is gonna tweet now is useless. He made him his bitch and it's all recorded.
Now just let Edgar in there, only this time hopefully a bit of a brain damage.

Conor lost me at the racist comments, trash talking is fine but racism is far too low.

as an extension to racism he was also mocking the natives of south america and how they were wiped out by the europeans.

as an extension to racism he was also mocking the natives of south america and how they were wiped out by the europeans.
In general, we can all agree he just talked too much.
He sold fights, however, he could've kept his mouth shut his entire career.

Knocking out all featherweight UFC fighter is what sells a fight.
Knocking out the FW Champion Jose Aldo in 13 seconds is what sells a fight.
14 fight winning streak is what sells a fight.
Having people constantly pull out. This sells fights.

Trash talk, Racist comments, Patriotism - its NOT necessary.
Then the word "Humble" comes out of his broken mouth?
It's the same shit Trump is made of.
It only creates antagonism.

36627-989327.png

Sorry McGregor fans

My favorite post on Sherdog. I still find myself randomly laughing because of this.

Yep. Conor's fans represent the absolute worst in MMA fans. Look, he is a fantastic fighter. But a lot of his success has more to do with being huge at 145 than it does his actual skill. The second he fought someone bigger, he got fucking throttled. And he looked awful on the ground. It looked like a fucking Gracies in action video the second Nate sprawled on him. He just easily moved into mount, softened him up with a couple punches, and applied the choke.
Connor had a pretty good reversal on him in the first round though. He also was already rocked when he shot in for that bad telegraphed takedown. Nate would probably win a rematch but Connors jits isn't bad

THIS THREAD SUCKS, SHIT

THERE ARE A LOT OF DISGUSTING CONOR HATERS

UFC 202 IS MY PERSONAL REVENGE

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back