PBP UFC 198: Werdum vs. Miocic Main Card PBP (Discussion) 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Just total domination from Cyborg despite how somewhat controversial the finish was. I think the stoppage was fine imo. I have seen worse

The end result was going to be the same no matter what. cyborg fights like a man, it's nuts.

Why people hate on Stipe? Was it because of the Struve fight?

I haven't seen a lot of hate. I'm not sold on him holding the title and yes the Struve loss is a part of that. Struve is super uncoordinated and never really broke past the gatekeeper status. Getting a new training camp before beating bigfoot was a step in the right direction for Struve though.

Werdum fans are probably pretty bitter, but i guess that makes sense since so many were trying to call him the HW GOAT. I personally wouldn't put him there unless he avenged his embarassing losses to JDS or Reem while still defending the belt. Werdum with amazing takedowns would be a force, but he's never acquired that skill after all of these years. BJJ without the ability to take the fight to the ground is pointless in MMA.

Last edited:
Miocic looks like a lhw next to Doom.
Yeah, despite being taller, thicker, longer reach, weighing more and being bigger in every other conceivable quantifiable measurable, Stipe looks kinda small.

Smh.

RDA is the crowning jewel of kingsmma when he strikes he covers up,takes head off center line,shoulder rolls etc.
tumblr_nl9e1dzCRK1u2ragso2_250.gif

EarnestLightIsopod.gif

dos%2Banjos%2Bfeints.gif

RepulsiveWelldocumentedCurassow.gif

GreatHonoredAntelopegroundsquirrel.gif

His fight with Alvarez should be a war.

Barberena's corner: "Elbow!! Elbow Bryan, Elbow!!"

Barberena throws elbow but misses

Corner: "YEEEEEEEAH!!!" lol

Barberena is really good at listening and immediately fulfilling his corner instructions, that's another thing I like about him. So many fighters just ignore their corner for whatever reason.

Yeah, despite being taller, thicker, longer reach, weighing more and being bigger in every other conceivable quantifiable measurable, Stipe looks kinda small.

Smh.

Don't be such a diva, Stipe. You won the fight dude.

Barberena is really good at listening and immediately fulfilling his corner instructions, that's another thing I like about him. So many fighters just ignore their corner for whatever reason.
Dude, Bryan Barberena is a fighter's fighter. Like for real. Iron head, never loses his cool, gets calmer under pressure. That guy is a savage

Didn't Thiago alves lose fight when his corner said go for takedown?

Didn't Thiago alves lose fight when his corner said go for takedown?

No idea. But MMA Lab generally makes for a very solid technical corner especially with Bendo in it. I would definitely listen to it.

Dude, Bryan Barberena is a fighter's fighter. Like for real. Iron head, never loses his cool, gets calmer under pressure. That guy is a savage
He's legit. If he had power I think he'd be top 5ish, he has all the intangibles. Problem is I think he's about as good as he'll be, he might have plateaued.

Miocic losing to Struve is a HUGE red flag.
Nogueira lost to Henderson
CroCop was destroyed by Randleman
Anderson lost to Chonan
GSP lost to Serra
Fedor should've lost to Arona

It isn't a huge red flag since it happened years ago and since that loss he's beaten multiple fighters that are 10x Struve's caliber.

You clowns are just trying to downplay his success because either a. You thought Werdum would be dominant or b. You're a Overeem nuthugger who wants him to win the belt

Nogueira lost to Henderson
CroCop was destroyed by Randleman
Anderson lost to Chonan
GSP lost to Serra
Fedor should've lost to Arona

It isn't a huge red flag since it happened years ago and since that loss he's beaten multiple fighters that are 10x Struve's caliber.

You clowns are just trying to downplay his success because either a. You thought Werdum would be dominant or b. You're a Overeem nuthugger who wants him to win the belt

Get a grip. Red flag doesn't mean Stipe didn't get a legit win. It means that I'm not counting on Stipe beating the top heavies. If he does then great, if not the so what. Losing to Struve is a bad sign to me, deal with it.

Get a grip. Red flag doesn't mean Stipe didn't get a legit win. It means that I'm not counting on Stipe beating the top heavies. If he does then great, if not the so what. Losing to Struve is a bad sign to me, deal with it.
He beat 3 top heavies in a row lol what the fuck are you talking about?

I think I ended up something like 7-4-1 in picks.

Was a decent card, some great moments, some stinkers, standard fare really.

He beat 3 top heavies in a row lol what the fuck are you talking about?

Stipe lost to a fucking shitty gatekeeper - it's really simple - I don't think he'll hold the belt long. No decent fighter before stipe ever lost to Struve.

Back