Not open for further replies.
5-way Parlay: Magny/Garbrandt R2/Story by KO or decision/Rumble R2 KO/Diaz R3

14 for 25k

Flyers on:
Glover R3 sub
Covington R1
Magny R3
Story R3 KO

No normal sized bets yet, probably gonna play Magny, Rumble and maybe Diaz. Was gonna play Story as a dog but the line has dropped. Gonna live bet for the first time.

Can anyone understand why Denis was brought in to teach Conor jits when he is supposedly coached by a second degree black belt?

Why would you do that? I just don't think Kavanaugh's coaching may not be legit.
Different style of jujitsu maybe? Maybe he's a closer match weight and cardio wise of Diaz, why have one to train with when you can have both

no they don't, if conor had won the first fight, this fight wouldn't have happened in a million years. if he gets one back here, he'll start campaigning for a 155 push at the postfight press conference. nate even said as much himself, that this isn't built for him, he knows this is all built for conor.
Need to do a little more research before you post bro. Conor's already said he's certain there'll be a trilogy fight with Nate http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/1...of-going-back-to-145-after-ufc-202-interested

Nate also made it clear in the press conference he has no interest fighting the top-ranked 155-ers, his only interest now is the 'money fights', which means the trilogy with Conor.

Magny is 10-1 in his last 11 fights ALL in the UFC
. His only loss coming to Maia. It's just really hard not to bet on him at his current price when he's beaten so many top tier WW's.

LOL, The biggest criticism I have about Magny is that he hasn't been fighting the best fighters in his long run, some people think he lost to Alex Garcia and his Gastelum victory could have been scored a draw.

rankings exist for a reason. a guy who beat gastelum wont lose to a guy who lost to tumenov. Magny has 1 loss to a guy ranked higher than him. larkin has 5 losses to guys ranked lower than magny. is why i pointed out their records. there is no room for flukes etc
obv conor lost to nate so he is not beating him the second time around. same thing
I have no clue what you're talking about.

Last edited:
rankings exist for a reason. a guy who beat gastelum wont lose to a guy who lost to tumenov. Magny has 1 loss to a guy ranked higher than him. larkin has 5 losses to guys ranked lower than magny. is why i pointed out their records. there is no room for flukes etc
obv conor lost to nate so he is not beating him the second time around. same thing

Exactly, man. People, who don't get it, look at it this way, when was the last time a UFC champion lost a fight? If you take out Jon Jones vs. the law, it's practically years. Rankings, guys. Rankings.

LOL, The biggest criticism I have about Magny is that he hasn't been fighting the best fighters in his long run, some people think he lost to Alex Garcia and his Gastelum victory could have been scored a draw.

I'm not trying to butt heads, I respect your opinion. But wins over Lombard, Gastelum, and Erick Silva aren't impressive?

I mean I know Larkin beat Lawler back in Strikeforce, but Lawler is a completely different beast now.

Need to do

he said ''down the line'' (or road) and that he had other ''affairs'' to attend to after he'd won this fight. (at the press conference this week) and i'm not your ''bro'' and what diaz said is verbatim from his bt-sports interview. diaz will always be a horrible style matchup for conor, it's pretty ignorant to say the least to think he'd wanna repeat that risk. how blue are your eyes son?

conor also said after he won the belt, that he would defend it, as first order of business. 8 months in and he's headed for his second fight two weightclasses above the one he's champ in. funny how that works huh?

i wouldn't even wipe my ass with the things that comes out of conors mouth.

Last edited:
Long time lurker here!

Looks like money is coming in on Teixeira and Story. Johnson now -165 and Cerrone -115.

Can anyone understand why Denis was brought in to teach Conor jits when he is supposedly coached by a second degree black belt?

Why would you do that? I just don't think Kavanaugh's coaching may not be legit.

Many benefits

Even if his black belt is legit, which it probably isn't, there is a huge difference between a black belt and Dillon Danis

His black belt is 100% legitimate
Black belts are not just skill-related

I'm not trying to butt heads, I respect your opinion. But wins over Lombard, Gastelum, and Erick Silva aren't impressive?

I mean I know Larkin beat Lawler back in Strikeforce, but Lawler is a completely different beast now.
Lombard and Silva were winning the fights until they gassed. That path of victory won't be available for Magny against Larkin

Post usada Silva gave Magny a very close fight. Just putting it out there i have no bet or lean really as done no research.

I do have larkin dec but pretty small actually.

Post usada Silva gave Magny a very close fight. Just putting it out there i have no bet or lean really as done no research.

I do have larkin dec but pretty small actually.
Yeah don't pick a fighter mate you'll get lynched lol

I like Magny slightly more than Larkin but will hold for lb only

Exactly, man. People, who don't get it, look at it this way, when was the last time a UFC champion lost a fight? If you take out Jon Jones vs. the law, it's practically years. Rankings, guys. Rankings.
the champion is not necessarily ranked 1. then you have people who improved over a longer period of time.
people try hard to disagree with my statement but its nothing but facts.
have fun losing $ nerds peace ;)

Yep money definitely starting to pile in on nate now, I can see his line dropping soon

Long time lurker here!

Looks like money is coming in on Teixeira and Story. Johnson now -165 and Cerrone -115.

Stop with the line movement being a determining factor on who will win the fight. This is one of the biggest misconceptions amateur bettors seem to think carries actual weight. UFC market is not the same as NFL, NBA, MLB, EPL etc... the market can easily be manipulated because of the low limits relative to the big leagues. You can have some rich whale millionaire betting max limits on his favorite fighter and it skews the line. Does not mean the line change is $harp. $6500 max bet limit is peanuts compared to the established big boy leagues. There may be time when line movement is indicative of $harps hammering a fighter for value but it balances out with mugs betting their favorite fighters.

Not to sound holier than thou, but take it from a pro, I do this for a living and I study the sporting markets thus I know what I'm talking about. You see a 2-3 point movement in the NFL it probably means something.

- Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back