UFC 203 - Stipe vs Overeem - Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the fuck is there still no fight pass app for PS4? Complete and utter joke

Am probably the first bettor on sherdog to introduce value betting as a means to make money. The problem here is when I see people here just throwing high + odds hoping their prop bets and hail mary bets win. Guys, there's a difference between betting high odds with value versus high odds just because...
For instance I can't for the life of me understand anyone betting CM Punk. The only reason you'd place a bet on him is either you're a CM Punker fan or you're a complete mug with excess funds to blow.
This is the very definition of a fight you pass. Remember, squares love action and the books lust for these type of bettors to fund their lavish lives.

The enemy is the bookies never forget that. We must be ruthless and merciless against them.

Anyone who bet Uriah Faber at +160 gets full props and I don't give kudos lightly.

- Barry

completely agree with the highlighted part. seems to happen a lot ITT atm

completely agree with the highlighted part. seems to happen a lot ITT atm

Please don't encourage Barry. Please.

I always just view odds in relation to the likelihood of something happening in my view. I assume most itt do the same (maybe some exceptions I guess but you'll always have that).

If a prop has a 1% chance of hitting in my view but is +20000 I will bet it. There's value.

I'm on CM Punk in the first round at +1175.

I understand that this is a ridiculous long shot. but if CM punk wins this, it's due to some bull shit TKO

Please don't encourage Barry. Please.

I always just view odds in relation to the likelihood of something happening in my view. I assume most itt do the same (maybe some exceptions I guess but you'll always have that).

If a prop has a 1% chance of hitting in my view but is +20000 I will bet it. There's value.

barry gonna barry regardless lol.

that's a perfectly sound way to view it, but a lot of ppl seemingly are just taking high odds(often props) for the hell of it like barry said. maybe they are encouraged to do so more by ppl who do hit long odds with good value which happens a lot in here. but the sheer amount of ppl I see that post a bet they made and a 30 second scan confirms they could get a much better price at other books surprises me, especially considering their opinions are often based on value. not singling out anyone at all or anything like that.
to me it seems sometimes quite alot of ppl have a slightly distorted view of the current odds for a selection and if that does indeed represent value, Im being ambiguous I know but it's hard to explain.

EDIT: one thing that I don't think helps at all is american odds, they are much harder to work out than decimals for example, which can make capping fights and odds for value even trickier. same for fractional odds too I guess.

Last edited:
My props I bet yesterday for u5.5 and down on fights going the distance haven't been cancelled yet by 5d. Would be sweet if those still stood LOL! (Not gonna happen).

barry gonna barry regardless lol.

that's a perfectly sound way to view it, but a lot of ppl seemingly are just taking high odds(often props) for the hell of it like barry said. maybe they are encouraged to do so more by ppl who do hit long odds with good value which happens a lot in here. but the sheer amount of ppl I see that post a bet they made and a 30 second scan confirms they could get a much better price at other books surprises me. not singling out anyone at all or anything like that.
to me it seems sometimes quite alot of ppl have a slightly distorted view of the current odds for a selection and if that does indeed represent value, Im being ambiguous I know but it's hard to explain

True about Barry I guess LOL.

And yeah if people are actually just saying "Hey look +850!" without doing the quick math and thinking about the likelihood of it happening that's dumb.

My props I bet yesterday for u5.5 and down on fights going the distance haven't been cancelled yet by 5d. Would be sweet if those still stood LOL! (Not gonna happen).
Haha I read this right after I get off live chat with them telling them to cancel my overs

Damn I'm more hyped for Werdum-Browne now. Some trash talk in the stare down, Werdum said "I'm gonna break your ribs you clown, I'm gonna fuck you up asshole" or something along those lines

cb dollaway update

Apparently he somehow 'strained' himself when the lift broke down, faber, werdum and others on the same lift remain unaffected, cb dollaway is on a 3 fight losing streak also.

Also really hope Punk puts Gall to sleep, Gall is a fucking weirdo.

Frank Mir Reviews CM Punk's Ground Game: I've seen women move better

"I hope that CM is just a mastermind at psychological warfare and that he's purposefully putting this kind of footage out there to lull [Gall] down to make it to where [he] gets comfortable, to where [he thinks] maybe CM is not gonna be that good of a fighter. Watching him fight, I felt like I was down at the gym watching just normal guys that have no ambition to be fighters, just taking the class. I've seen some of the women taking the aerobic kickboxing class move better," said Mir.

Mir's comments have been echoed by many in the MMA community who have been unimpressed by the appearance of Punk's abilities. The footage comes from a series put together to promote Punk's journey, The Evolution of Punk. The series chronicles Punk's journey from his first week of training up until now. As such, in the series there is a noticable progression in Punk's skills, culminating in the final episode with Punk in a simulated amateur fight, submitting his opponent with a choke. Mir however, was unimpressed"

"[What I saw was] a very nice, cooperative training partner... The guy was being nice. The cameras were on him and he was being a good partner. I'm only calling what I'm seeing. If that guy really got choked by that, I'd be telling the guy, ‘hey buddy, maybe you're not fit for fighting. You just got choked by a guy that threw no hooks in, 'didn't have it set right, didn't have the proper pressure, had his head in the wrong area, and you were grimacing like you were stuck in a Marcelo Garcia rear-naked choke.'... Demian [Maia]'s not worried anytime soon, let me put it that way. Carlos was wishing that was the choke he had put on him. [Laughs]."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/9...ir-pissed-off-that-cm-punk-is-fighting-at-ufc

Jeez stfu people can bet what they want

well stfu right back if that was aimed at me lol. ofc ppl can bet what they want no one said otherwise. that doesn't magically make it a good idea lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back