UFC 207: Amanda Nunes vs. Ronda Rousey PBP (Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the fukc does pig rousey have matchable striking accuracy? Must be from ground and pound shots.

Yeah I know. She has zero sportsmanship and respect. She's basically a bully, But it was hard to watch nonetheless.

I'm not sure this is true. She can show some class on occasions (see Cat Zingano), but it's certainly rare. The fact that when she's classless, she's really classless just makes it seem worse.

It was hard to watch for me, too. I've always been a bit mixed with regards to Ronda. I never could stand her attitude, but enjoyed watching her steamroll the division, while being realistic about the (then) current state of that division. I was rooting for Holly a year ago (though didn't think she'd do it) mainly due to the UFC hype machine built around Ronda. However, after the fight I found the outpouring of hate and vitriol when she lost to be excessive in the extreme.

This result has left me feeling a bit sad for Ronda though. I said at the time that Holly made her look daft in their fight. If that's true, I don't know how Nunes made her look. It was almost embarrassing, like one of those regional orgs where 'soccer moms' get in the cage with trained fighters. Nunes made Ronda look worse than Correira looked against Rousey.

Uh, no. When you sign to fight a three round fight, you have to fight like it's a three round fight. Nunes won that fight.

Textbook 29 - 28. Nunes would not have made it through the 4th. Good thing she didn't have to.

Textbook 29 - 28. Nunes would not have made it through the 4th. Good thing she didn't have to.
Well, that's my point. That night, Nunes came and won a three round fight, which is what she had to do. Shevchenko didn't do a damn thing the whole first round, and not a whole lot in the second, either.

Everyone saying "well, Valentina would have won a five round fight. Derr" Well, she needed to win a 3 round fight, and failed.

Nunes made Ronda look worse than Correira looked against Rousey.

Ever heard "What goes around comes around"? She got exactly what she deserved.
She could be great fighter, but not with that camp.
Bang Lugwig could fix her.

Were you saying brah?
??? What? Besides Ronda winning her title back everything was correct. Was a good night for Ronda she made over 3 million, it was an easy fight, she did make a lot of money, if holly wins she could get a title shot and it ended in the first round with Ronda basically submitting to her panic punches ... so basically I called it

??? What? Besides Ronda winning her title back everything was correct. Was a good night for Ronda she made over 3 million, it was an easy fight, she did make a lot of money, if holly wins she could get a title shot and it ended in the first round with Ronda basically submitting to her panic punches ... so basically I called it
Breh I need to stop the greenery cus I ain't understanding shit ,so.... yeah ....

so now Ronda's fans use the Conor defense? she make a lot of money....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back