UFC 212 pbp/discussion

Aldo just seemed to crash in round 3. Slowed and got sloppy

This is exactly what I was trying to say. If you go back and watch his fight with Korean zombie and Mark Hominick , the exact same thing was taking place. The difference? KZ wasn't pushing the pace and is striking isn't as clean as Max's and his shoulder popped out. The problem with Mark H is that he didn't have the takedown defense and he was too slow and was getting cracked was too many counters. But anyone who did the research the writing was on the wall of how this could've happened

I wonder what Max/Edgar odds are going to be

even with the Aldo loss i ended up about 12-13u mostly thanks to BatBoyJG post about Kelleher that won me almost 10u

holloway is so f'ing good.. he's so deceptively strong... man, that was impressive. again, sorry, any aldo backers

I dont usually quote myself(or i'd be bragging all damn day) but I feel myself starting to levitate again wit this 1.

GADELHA DEC OVER
JUNIOR ITD
LOPEZ ITD
D. ALCANTARA ITD
MEDEIROS ITD FDGD
COSTA ITD FDGD
ALDO DEC OVER
PEREIRA DEC OVER
BELFORT ITD FDGD
WALLHEAD ITD FDGD
ASSUNCAO DEC OVER
KELLEHER DEC OVER

In order of confidence.

Biggest bets were Max and shoeface.
I never do this but I bet more on Max after his usual see only one side of a fight. I swear there's been about 4 fights where he he makes a million comments on one side and on all 4 his cinch has gotten crushed

I just wanna hear his thoughts. Wanna see if he'll discredit Max or give props.

very rare fight, Aldo was winning clearly then he gasses in R2. 2u on Holloway +162 just 30 secs before the knockdown.

LOL you must have been watching that on a 2 inch black-and-white portable TV from circa 1985 if you believe that Jose Aldo was "clearly winning" that fight. He definitely got the first book then Max got into a rhythm and was progressively eating him for lunch.

Well I should've went heavy with the fight I was most confident in. The -300 on Claudia turned me off and I didn't bet it straight. Put too much on the decision line as well.

I took her submission line small, but parlayed with Aldo ud. Should've seen that kks lack of being on the ground would be a huge opening for Claudia to sub her.

Should've played Aldo much smaller. Small hedge on Holloway itd at +500 before the fight. If I had more money in my account would've put more on it.

These last few events have been brutal for me.

LOL you must have been watching that on a 2 inch black-and-white portable TV from circa 1985 if you believe that Jose Aldo was "clearly winning" that fight. He definitely got the first book then Max got into a rhythm and was progressively eating him for lunch.
To be fair I also thought Aldo won round 2. Sherdog scoring all gave it to him also. But yeah, it wasn't by much and the momentum was def on Max's side

Well, My stream wasn't the best, I want to rewatch the fight. But he was doing fine first 7.5m, then I noticed he was breating heavily and his hands were low. The momentum changed quickly. I'm still surprised.

To be fair I also thought Aldo won round 2. Sherdog scoring all gave it to him also. But yeah, it wasn't by much and the momentum was def on Max's side

My argument was on the word "clearly" as if everything we're going swimmingly and then the bottom dropped out. I believe most of us for that Max was going to lose the first round and possibly the second but that he would progressively start picking up the pace and getting the better of Jose which is exactly what happened. For the record, I believe that Max should have gotten an all in around two but it's a moot point

Well, My stream wasn't the best, I want to rewatch the fight. But he was doing fine first 7.5m, then I noticed he was breating heavily and his hands were low. The momentum changed quickly. I'm still surprised.

Yeah he was definitely in control early and had probably one the first half of the second round I agree. But in all of his previous fights against rangy strikers who push the place he has slow down significantly. Max was able to do just as I believed he would although he got the stoppage I want earlier and more violent than I could ever imagine. Sorry that you lost bud.

See you guys next week. Black beast gonna bring the roof down lol.

Yeah he was definitely in control early and had probably one the first half of the second round I agree. But in all of his previous fights against rangy strikers who push the place he has slow down significantly. Max was able to do just as I believed he would although he got the stoppage I want earlier and more violent than I could ever imagine. Sorry that you lost bud.

?? I wasn't betting Aldo. and I'm not discrediting Holloway, I like the guy and I won a lot betting him vs Pettis, he did a great job today. But that doesn't change my thoughts. It was weird how quickly the pace changed.

I was on fight goes DEC and Holloway KO R4/KO R5

Last edited:
holloway is so f'ing good.. he's so deceptively strong... man, that was impressive. again, sorry, any aldo backers

He's unbelievable and turning in to a friggin juggernaut with the tools to rule the 145 pounds division for a long long time. You are right, he is deceptively strong with the long lean frame of years. Especially since he didn't have any traditional amateur wrestling pedigree to cull on. In a lot of ways his frame and the way that he's able to swing people around and throw them off reminds me of Anderson Silva. Just that I think Max does it a little better. But if you look at how Anderson was just swinging Rich Franklin around like a human pendulum as he battered him with knees and poor Rich couldn't get out of there to save his life. Literally and figuratively. Also Anderson had developed excellent takedown defense later in his career stifling Demien Maia, Leites, and the second Chael fight he justi shucked them all off with disdain.

Aoki has this type of build and deceptive strength for a guy who looks like a beanpole.

Max outlanded Aldo 104-55 lol

Back