UFC 212 pbp/discussion

?? I wasn't betting Aldo. and I'm not discrediting Holloway, I like the guy and I won a lot betting him vs Pettis, he did a great job today. But that doesn't change my thoughts. It's was weird how quickly the pace changed.

I was on fight goes DEC and Holloway KO R4/KO R5

Ohhh......ok! 'grats then.

I had him 4/5 too ffs. I was screaming for big John to what time go. Where is Mario when you need him? LOL

That Gadelha/KK under really screwed my RR. Still up for the night around 0.3u or some nonsense like that but would have been a nice win had I just thrown in Claudia's ML instead of the over. I'm an idiot.

Was just thinking before the event how there tends to be more finishes on Brazilian cards and sure enough, 9 of the 12 fights tonight go under. Wonder if that's something to do with the passionate Brazilian crowds baying for blood and the emotion transfering to the fighters..? Idk.

Edit: 8/12, forgot the flyweights first up were set at O1.5. Still a lot.

Last edited:
Fuck, I feel sad for Aldo. That dude has had so much pressure on him.

A struggle staying up for this one and without much payoff betting wise. Grats to the winners, gonna hit the sack!
He was gifted the belt.

Max deserves it.

I feel bad for my wallet.

Ohhh......ok! 'grats then.

I had him 4/5 too ffs. I was screaming for big John to what time go. Where is Mario when you need him? LOL

Yeah, It is incredible to think that the factor that brings the most variance to MMA are incompetent referees and judges.

Yesterday was Held vs Lauzon. Today 3 judges gave Assuncao R3. I'm afraid to think what's coming tomorrow

+3u from Holloway risking 6u. It was the only fight I had given serious consideration, so obviously happy with result. -1u the rest of the card risking 6u with zero minutes of tape watched, so no surprise there.

A good night for me. My two main picks hit Yancy and Max. Ended up $1,320 up.

Onto New Zealand where i am going to the venue. I'm putting at least $1k on Hunt....

Damn fuckin over ruined my parlay :( anyway thanks @King_Brown for your elite pick with Pereira! Redemption next weekend!

Haha wasn't Luca Fury also on Aldo as well as his other losers tonight?

Yeah he got #rekt

now crying over twitter how he was robbed. he bet on nate too. it wasnt a robbery fight

he bet on morales also.. lmfao.

Yeah he got #rekt

now crying over twitter how he was robbed. he bet on nate too. it wasnt a robbery fight

he didn't bet Nate, he bet Aldo, Moraes, Silva-Medeiros ITD and Gadelha

Yeah, It is incredible to think that the factor that brings the most variance to MMA are incompetent referees and judges.

Yesterday was Held vs Lauzon. Today 3 judges gave Assuncao R3. I'm afraid to think what's coming tomorrow

You're so right. The worst thing is that those judges are fucking with people's lives. I mean, The UFC bantamweight division is absolutely cutthroat. Now marlin already starts in the hole 0-1 where a bunch of sharks are waiting for him. Discounting TJ, Dom and Cody you STILL have guys like Lineker, Rivera, Dodson, Sterling and Almeidia in the top 10. Then you got qpromising upstarts like Pedro Munoz, Justin Scoggins and Matthew Lopez hovering around the bottom half of the top 15, it's not unfeasible to imagine starting 0-2 or 0-3 and losing your job.

Fucking biggest regret is how i missed vitor vs nate O 1,5. Should have known that Vitor will not blow his wad under Firas coaching

Yeah he got #rekt

Them's the breaks. LOL volatility. You win shit decisions – we all have — you lose shit decisions. You tend to remember the latter. Additionally we also win close decisions that could've gone either way. Again, we tend to remember the ones that didn't go our way.

But I can guarantee you that he was not protesting when he won his Court McGee > Dominique Steele play. Who was celebrating. He might have been giving away some of that money to Charity – the stripper he thinks loves him – but it definitely wasn't going towards a cure to fund a leukemia curreLOL

But that was another close fight that could have gone either way. If I recall correctly a crazy judge even gave McGee all three rounds.

BTW: this was the only p bright spot about Moraes losing lol

Good night for me, but we need to get rid of Mario Yamasaki. He is the worst UFC ref and has been for many years now. He will be responsible for the first death in the UFC octagon at this rate. I was screaming STOP THE FIGHT at the top of my lungs.

Seriously, he's just terrible. I understand people being pissed off at the dude who stopped Silva-Medeiros, but early stoppages are way better than late stoppages. I know we have money on the line here, but let's have some humanity.

Yea, but max was picking up steam and would've smoked him in rd 4/5, imo
Sure, I assumed the poster was implying that Holloway had been outstriking Aldo throughout the fight when in fact most of those strikes came in the 2min gnp.

Fucking biggest regret is how i missed vitor vs nate O 1,5. Should have known that Vitor will not blow his wad under Firas coaching
I was touting that on here just before the event started and didn't even bet it lol. Seeing all those finishes (+ mad Brazilian crowd) scared me off it. Uugh.

Wonder what Moraes is being paid. 100,000+ in wsof.

Good night for me, but we need to get rid of Mario Yamasaki. He is the worst UFC ref and has been for many years now. He will be responsible for the first death in the UFC octagon at this rate. I was screaming STOP THE FIGHT at the top of my lungs.

Seriously, he's just terrible. I understand people being pissed off at the dude who stopped Silva-Medeiros, but early stoppages are way better than late stoppages. I know we have money on the line here, but let's have some humanity.

What we call early stoppages should become the norm IMO. The moment someone turtles and gets hit with 2-3 shots should be a wrap.

Dragging it out helps no one. Its very rare someone comes back after getting thrashed anyway.

I was touting that on here just before the event started and didn't even bet it lol. Seeing all those finishes (+ mad Brazilian crowd) scared me off it. Uugh.

That was exactly why I played the +1000 decision props and Nate +800 decision problem. I figure we will see a tepid affair. Hell, remember how slow much Firas slowed the normally whirlwind of a fighter down when he got a hold of the aging Miguel Torres? He forced Miguel Torres to go the whole fight and second gear with his jab jab jab jab jab strategy? TriStar is about technique and not blitzes like Chute Box circa 2001 you know? GSP, Rory & Carmont were the same.

Back