UFC 213 pbp/discussion

yeah that was big on bm for awhile, I believe GF and EZ were two of several ppl here who killed lb'ing during rds. Bm took it down awhile back and they dont' even give in between rd lines, which is gay, but whatever, that's what dimes is for. I think dudes like Ez were killing them hard enough to make them take the lb'ing away. Probably losing money on bigger bets. I never messed with it but it does seem like a large reward if you're willing to take a risk when guys are actually in the type of situation you described. Definitely value if you are reading the fight correctly (which you did).

Also, Werdum tko I liked a good amount, pissed me off so bad he went for the td when he had Reem basically out on his feet and seemingly thinking he was done himself. Still bitter about that lol. But yeah i've heard across the pond and abroad they have very good with lb'ing which makes me kind of wish I had was a euro or Aussie, etc.
Aussie livebet sucks. Have to ring up and by the time it's processed odds have changed. used to get it done in 2-3 clicks through the app but they chanegd the laws around that...

What kind of limits can you get on live betting?

quick question since I am curious and bored atm if you don't mind.

Are you Chinese or living in China, if not what's it like over there compared to where you're from? Secondly how hard is it to bet on sports in China? the stereotype is that Asian people like to gamble, is that true and do they accept that you bet on overseas books? I just wanna know what it's like to live there and how it is way across the globe.

Aussie livebet sucks. Have to ring up and by the time it's processed odds have changed. used to get it done in 2-3 clicks through the app but they chanegd the laws around that...

that's some bullshit. Sounds almost impossible to get the price you want if you gotta call in. I get if it's a sport with halves, like soccer or football for Americans, and you guys are big rugby guys over there. But in fighting they're just fucking you over. Not cool man. Hope sports betting is legal Down Under, at least. Also if you're a Jeff Horn fan, congrats.

What kind of limits can you get on live betting?
My balls currently aren't big enough to go too big on live bets so I don't even notice limits haha. I'll be able to tell you when they reach the required size ;)

quick question since I am curious and bored atm if you don't mind.

Are you Chinese or living in China, if not what's it like over there compared to where you're from? Secondly how hard is it to bet on sports in China? the stereotype is that Asian people like to gamble, is that true and do they accept that you bet on overseas books? I just wanna know what it's like to live there and how it is way across the globe.
Not Chinese, used to live in China, still living in Asia.

All the online bookies you love can be accessed from China. Sports betting is officially illegal except in Macau so a lot of in-person betting takes place in the shadows. But really, no one gives a fuck unless you make a lot of noise. In fact, a lot of things work that way in China.

What it's like to live in China? That's kind of like asking what it's like to live in the USA. Huge place, plenty of variety. Generally speaking, Asia is a lot safer than the West due to traditional values/education, strict immigration policies, and no tolerance policies on drug possession. You can walk around many of the inner cities in the middle of the night and feel safe.

Not to derail the thread to talk about MMA fights but just wanted to say Werdoom's comical fight IQ actually presented a wonderful live betting opportunity late in the fight. On one of my books Alistair got as high as +630 near the end with Fabricio on top of him after the near KO. Tried hitting it knowing he probably won the first 2 rounds and with the old scoring system in place etc but they froze the damn line as I was confirming the bet. My stream being a bit behind probably didn't help.

But it's really worth getting confident with live betting, there's massive value in it if you got the balls to pull the trigger. It could even signal the end of pre-fight ML bets for me altogether.
Wait, which book can you live bet during a round?

If someone says they have $10,000 in their account, is that their bankroll for units? What if they are betting sports, playing poker, blackjack etc... If 40% of my bets are MMA, is my bankroll for units, $4,000 or still $10,000? I just bet dollar amounts, trying to determine units is too complicated for me lol.

Not to derail the thread to talk about MMA fights but just wanted to say Werdoom's comical fight IQ actually presented a wonderful live betting opportunity late in the fight. On one of my books Alistair got as high as +630 near the end with Fabricio on top of him after the near KO. Tried hitting it knowing he probably won the first 2 rounds and with the old scoring system in place etc but they froze the damn line as I was confirming the bet. My stream being a bit behind probably didn't help.

But it's really worth getting confident with live betting, there's massive value in it if you got the balls to pull the trigger. It could even signal the end of pre-fight ML bets for me altogether.

yea werdum screwed the pooch. bigtime. and i'm soooo relieved, lol

If someone says they have $10,000 in their account, is that their bankroll for units? What if they are betting sports, playing poker, blackjack etc... If 40% of my bets are MMA, is my bankroll for units, $4,000 or still $10,000? I just bet dollar amounts, trying to determine units is too complicated for me lol.
4000. 1u would be $40

yeah that was big on bm for awhile, I believe GF and EZ were two of several ppl here who killed lb'ing during rds. Bm took it down awhile back and they dont' even give in between rd lines, which is gay, but whatever, that's what dimes is for. I think dudes like Ez were killing them hard enough to make them take the lb'ing away. Probably losing money on bigger bets. I never messed with it but it does seem like a large reward if you're willing to take a risk when guys are actually in the type of situation you described. Definitely value if you are reading the fight correctly (which you did).

Also, Werdum tko I liked a good amount, pissed me off so bad he went for the td when he had Reem basically out on his feet and seemingly thinking he was done himself. Still bitter about that lol. But yeah i've heard across the pond and abroad they have very good with lb'ing which makes me kind of wish I had was a euro or Aussie, etc.

the good 'ol days...

Not Chinese, used to live in China, still living in Asia.

All the online bookies you love can be accessed from China. Sports betting is officially illegal except in Macau so a lot of in-person betting takes place in the shadows. But really, no one gives a fuck unless you make a lot of noise. In fact, a lot of things work that way in China.

What it's like to live in China? That's kind of like asking what it's like to live in the USA. Huge place, plenty of variety. Generally speaking, Asia is a lot safer than the West due to traditional values/education, strict immigration policies, and no tolerance policies on drug possession. You can walk around many of the inner cities in the middle of the night and feel safe.

thank you sir. I live in Murrica, small city but I'm pretty much in the ghetto. Not a great feeling to go out at night but not super dangerous feeling either, most dangerous ones are the drug addicts and the psychos. But as you probably know, such a big world out there, it makes me wonder what it's like in other places, esp someplace like China which I really don't know much about other than the Mao era b/c I'm a history fan and even then I'm not too familiar with it at present. Good to hear that it sounds pretty nice over there Anyway thanks for the feedback buddy.

thank you sir. I live in Murrica, small city but I'm pretty much in the ghetto. Not a great feeling to go out at night but not super dangerous feeling either, most dangerous ones are the drug addicts and the psychos. But as you probably know, such a big world out there, it makes me wonder what it's like in other places, esp someplace like China which I really don't know much about other than the Mao era b/c I'm a history fan and even then I'm not too familiar with it at present. Good to hear that it sounds pretty nice over there Anyway thanks for the feedback buddy.
I used to live a block away from the ghetto in Baltimore. I am very familiar with the addicts and the gunrunners. You just don't see that in East Asia.

On the other hand, Werdum's fight IQ lost him the fight in my opinion. Instead of staying upright and going for the kill, he believed his own hype too much and went for a shitty sloppy guillotine on a sweaty opponent with good sub defense. Then he went for the takedown and got stuck in closed guard. Then he had the audacity to act shocked when he lost 29-28.

Both guys are already goofy as hell, but put them in the cage together and the goofiness is multiplied.
Biggest reason I switched from Werdum to Overeem last minute was the feeling, that Werdum just wants the win too much and when given a chance goes into full squirrel mode being too busy but not accomplishing much.

I used to live a block away from the ghetto in Baltimore. I am very familiar with the addicts and the gunrunners. You just don't see that in East Asia.

What country are you living in now? I spent quite a few years in the Philippines when I was younger which was really interesting. My family is from Canada so we live here now again. We don't have too many addicts unless you get right downtown.

What country are you living in now? I spent quite a few years in the Philippines when I was younger which was really interesting. My family is from Canada so we live here now again. We don't have too many addicts unless you get right downtown.

which part of Canada you from?

which part of Canada you from?

I live about 1.5 hours outside of Vancouver (aka the best part of Canada). I am not just saying Vancouver is the best cause I live here....it literally is the best part of Canada. Rarely see temps colder than 5 C. and summer is almost never hotter than 30 C.

You can cross to the US in about 25 min. from where I live. Vegas is like a 2 hour flight and Seattle is about a 3 hour drive.

I live about 1.5 hours outside of Vancouver (aka the best part of Canada). I am not just saying Vancouver is the best cause I live here....it literally is the best part of Canada. Rarely see temps colder than 5 C. and summer is almost never hotter than 30 C.

You can cross to the US in about 25 min. from where I live. Vegas is like a 2 hour flight and Seattle is about a 3 hour drive.

I might have to visit Vancouver sometime. Sounds like a nice place. I always hear good things about BC.

I might have to visit Vancouver sometime. Sounds like a nice place. I always hear good things about BC.

Yeah its a good spot. Come in the spring or summer. The winter is pretty rainy (unless you like that sorta thing).

Also as an American your dollar goes way farther. The CAD dollar is like 77 cents. Some stuff is more expensive (especially in Vancouver) but you effectively get 20- 25% off everything because of the exchange.

Back