UFC 215 + 216 PPV numbers are the lowest back to back since UFC 47 + 48

There's already plenty of threads talking about the actual PPV buys, you goof.

<31>
No one got time to look on other threads or droan through your video. Of coarse you need your resource there but I'm just saying that you could easily post the numbers for those who don't want to listen to the interview. Well done on the time stamp though.

Last edited:
That was back in 2004 with Chuck vs Tito and Shamrock vs Leopoldo.

You can bet your ass WME is gonna be desperate for Conor vs Nate 3 now and hoping GSP vs Bisping does well.

IF they make Conor vs Nate III then they're only repeating the reason why a fight like Ferguson Vs Lee didn't sell. Then that would be a "interim title" match that wasn't even a top contender match.

In 2009, Ferguson vs Lee would have sold like 500,000 PPVs because you knew it was an important matchup. In 2017, why should I care about fights like Ferguson vs Lee if I can't even be sure they're contender matches?

In today's market place ... 100% correct

Ferguson vs Lee and the HW fight that got cancelled would have sold in 2009. It doesn't sell in 2017 because even though the fight's for an interim title, you still don't know if it means anything. You don't even know if it sets up the top contender, or even the next next contender.

I enjoy watching him fight. I don't care about drama, charisma etc... just fights.

Great fighter no doubt. Is even fun to watch most times. His personality though it's a big drawback. Myself personally I can't hyped to watch someone that bitches and moans and refuses fights.

The casual UFC observer doensn't want to spend $60 to see women and little people fight. Period. Unfortunately most casuals that you need to sell good ppv numbers don't care about the footwork of a 125 lb guy named mighty mouse, they just want to see people get violently KO'd.

Dana loves to talk about how the UFC is a supply and demand business when he hordes all the $ from his fighters, but somehow can't come to the realization that he's watered the entire sport down. If its a biz run it like a biz.

217 does 500k
218 does 350k

At best they'll combine for 1m

Yeah, I doubt GSP's return does 1 million PPVs like WME is probably envisioning.

Doesn't seem like there's any hype at all about GSP's return and the fake beef Bisping matchup makes it even worse.

I doubt Holloway vs Edgar does 350K. Holloway vs Aldo only did 200K and Edgar is about as big a draw as Aldo.

Back