UFC 217 - Bisping vs GSP - NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was hanging with Boetsch til he got caught.

proficiency being the key word.

i bet on boetsch in that fight as well as the ko prop and never once thought that hendricks was going to win. hes a 170 fighting at 185 because hes cant make ww anymore coming into the ring with 25 percent body fat

So...all in on Wonderboy since Till proved that Cerrone's liver is washed up and now Masvidal's KO of him doesn't mean that much? I already kinda wanted to bet Wonderboy, and now that there is good reason to devalue Masvidal's signature win it seems like a pretty good idea.
Cowboy's liver has been washed up for a while. Anyway, I lean towards WB, but nothing crazy

upload_2017-10-21_22-27-17.png

Only if Hendricks could beat this simple opponent and eat right. What a waste

If Mas and Till can murk Cowboy, any ranked fighter can. They are both good fighters but neither have many KO's.

So either is random coincidence that they both happened to get their only signature KO vs Cowboy, or that Cowboy's chin is aging poorly. I'm going with the latter.

And of course Wonderboy is a better striker than Mas. Maybe Mas has better hands but I'll take the full package of Wonderboy's hands + kicks over that of Mas. And just look at their resumes and it's not close

--GOATish kickboxer
--2 super close fights vs Woodley
--Comfortable decision vs MacDonald
--r1 KO's of Hendricks, Ellenberger, and Whittaker

Mas has

--Lit up a washed Cowboy chin
--Got robbed vs Iaquinta
--Split losses vs Bendo, Maia, and Larkin which just aren't as sexy as draw/maj loss vs Woodley
--Got Ellenberg's toe stuck under the fence

I mean come on. Mas is good but Wonderboy is great.

All Ellenberger's toe getting stuck in the fence did was prevent him from taking more damage. Mas was lighting him up badly before that. The fight was all but over.

I do lean WB here slightly, and I agree he's the better striker, but I think you're underestimating Mas a little bit.

I dont get all the love for pig rig. All the arguments for him im reading are wrestling based gameplans. You guys dont think he will gas out bad after 1.5 rds of wrestling a true 185er..dude ate his way out of his own weight class and was ktfo his last fight. Everyone is mentioning bangbus fight. Say what you will about bangbus but the dude is explosive and would give pig rig a run for his money

Ok

Gsp mixed his striking and wrestling the best of anyone ever at his peak

That was a long time ago, his last few fights in the ufc he looked sluggish and wasn't able to completely dominate very physically weak fighters like diaz and condit. That was how he looked like 3 years ago, since then he's had 0 fights and has obviously not been training as if he was an active fighter so it is fair to assume he has regressed further.

Bisping is much much stronger than diaz and condit and defo will not get muscled by gsp. Gsp may time a good takedown but bisping has some of the best defensive wrestling in the sport and is a bigger man, I certainly see him getting back to his feet rather easily if taken down, he always does

As for saying bisping is in big trouble is gsp takes him down ? I'm amazed you think so, bisping is in no trouble on the ground, Gsp doesn't have wicked ground and pound or wicked submissions. There is minimal threat on the ground

Gsp in my poses such little threat anywhere. His only real hope is to jab and move and get a late takedown to win rounds and eek out a decision
I know this was almost a week ago. But chael sonnen just said on a recent podcast that hes fought bisping and trained with GSP and he said GSP is stronger physically. Another interview he mention he was suprised how strong gsp feels on top and that hes stronger than LHW's hes wrestled

Also something interesting. GSP was very particular about coming back and fighting bisping in particular. The type of fight iq him and his coaches have i have a big hunch that they are very confident GSP can gameplan a victory. And im talking about more confidence than your regular run of the mill confidence that every fighter says they have for every fight. This seems very particular to me..also side note torn meniscus surgery dont mean shit for a fighter with bispings style i wouldnt worry about that at all

Might have to lay the juice on Johanna champ. Big mismatch. Rose ain’t ready

Also like bisping. I’m not buying what gsp is selling. Back to welterweight with ye

All Ellenberger's toe getting stuck in the fence did was prevent him from taking more damage. Mas was lighting him up badly before that. The fight was all but over.

I do lean WB here slightly, and I agree he's the better striker, but I think you're underestimating Mas a little bit.

Sure Mas was winning that fight but it's a bogus KO. If you pretend he won by decision like he normally does, that's 2 KO's in his past 21 fights: Cerrone and Ferreira.

MAYBE he made a huge leap in the past 1.5 years...but he was pretty comfortably beat in his last striking match vs Lorenz Larkin where he got tagged a bunch.

He has performed well since. Pearson sucks and Ellenberger isn't special though. Lit up Cowboy's washed chin for his only name win of his entire life. And then solid split loss vs Maia but that was mostly bc of strong grappling defense which is 100% irrelevant vs WB.

Nothing in this recent stretch suggests he's ready to beat WB, bc he still hasn't shown improvement from the striking abuse he took vs Larkin. That is a MAJOR problem vs a world class striker like WB. He has a hell of a chin so WB prob won't get the finish, but Mas won't finish WB either. This is probably going the distance and WB is probably going to control the center and land comfortably more quality strikes.

Just feels like -147 is low considering that we are getting a dude who dumbfounded Woodley for 24 mins against a guy who has never dumbfounded anybody above Ellenberger status and doesn't have finishing power.

Also something interesting. GSP was very particular about coming back and fighting bisping in particular. The type of fight iq him and his coaches have i have a big hunch that they are very confident GSP can gameplan a victory. And im talking about more confidence than your regular run of the mill confidence that every fighter says they have for every fight. This seems very particular to me..also side note torn meniscus surgery dont mean shit for a fighter with bispings style i wouldnt worry about that at all

He has a chance of beating Bisping, but picking him doesn't mean > 50%. It just means > Woodley% which is probably like 2% bc Woodley would destroy him.

I know this was almost a week ago. But chael sonnen just said on a recent podcast that hes fought bisping and trained with GSP and he said GSP is stronger physically. Another interview he mention he was suprised how strong gsp feels on top and that hes stronger than LHW's hes wrestled

After all this time how can anyone take anything chael says with any sense of fact or seriousness. He is the biggest liar and bullshitter in the sport and will say anything to get attention.

What he says about gsp may or may not be true, either way, I put zero stock into anything he says

After all this time how can anyone take anything chael says with any sense of fact or seriousness. He is the biggest liar and bullshitter in the sport and will say anything to get attention.

What he says about gsp may or may not be true, either way, I put zero stock into anything he says
I understand. I listen to chael fairly often i find him entertaining but there are times when hes serious and being real. This was one of those moments. For what its worth not much i know.. but at least its someone who trained/fought both guys

He has a chance of beating Bisping, but picking him doesn't mean > 50%. It just means > Woodley% which is probably like 2% bc Woodley would destroy him.
I get what your saying and i favor bisping a lot actually. But i think theres a reason hes picking bisping and its not just cause of woodley

Here's my complete Masvidal vs Wonderboy analysis

--Both are good strikers
--Masvidal is easy to hit
--Wonderboy is hard to hit
--Wonderboy is going to tag Masvidal significantly more and win a decision

Ez money is ez

View attachment 290961

Only if Hendricks could beat this simple opponent and eat right. What a waste

in all fairness to the 34-year-old hendricks hes been wrestling and competing at the highet level since high school and fighting professinally for 10 years.

maybe his body is so broken down(injuries)that he just cant get it to work anymore

i dont how anyone backs him in any spot right now

I get what your saying and i favor bisping a lot actually. But i think theres a reason hes picking bisping and its not just cause of woodley

gsp is picking bisping because he is the current ufc 185 champ and offers the most amount of money if he where to win

if he cant get michael down after the first round then hes going to lose and lose badly. bisping has very good striking

Sherdog might be the only place on earth where 1 guy could ask what 1 fighter has better than another. The guy answers back HANDS/BOXING. And the other guy replies NO WAY DUDE. The other fighter has better kicks/kickboxing. Oh and a fighter got his toe stuck in the fence.

Stop acting like WB is EZ money. Styles make fights.

WB could easily be too tentative and Mas has been pushing more lately. Mas could push more and land more.

To act like WB should be -400 is crazy

You act like -150 should be -400. So I'm assuming you are gonna lay 20% of your entire BR on it then. Right?

gsp is picking bisping because he is the current ufc 185 champ and offers the most amount of money if he where to win

if he cant get michael down after the first round then hes going to lose and lose badly. bisping has very good striking

I'd pick Bisping to. It's a much bigger fight.

But honestly, I don't think it's an easier fight

I'd pick Bisping to. It's a much bigger fight.

But honestly, I don't think it's an easier fight

it about the belt and the options gsp has if he wins it. i dont think georges is delusional to think that he has two years left, im thinking hes looking at this as two fights to make 2 million

i dont know why there is so much bisping hate, i thought that him smiling and trolling rockhold at the 1:20 mark was absolutely classic

Don't understand why Bisping is still the underdog tbh, really don't see 2.2 (at a few UK books) holding much longer.

Yes, I don't know why GSP is still the betting favorite; everyone and their dog seems to favor Bisping. So, would y'all please get off your arses and place more bets on Bisping so I can get better odds on GSP?

There is no reach (or likely strength) advantage. GSP has more offensive tools, more ways to get to the finish line, far more experience in championship fights, and I could go on. I'm not saying GSP is a lock to win, but I believe most Sherdoggys are grossly underestimating him.

Good luck, gamblers. I'm really looking forward to this fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back