Status
Not open for further replies.

EzFlyer

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-218-Holloway-vs-Edgar-61991

kMtvryPQReyjCDiDxODb5g.png

Holloway vs Aldo 2 is the new main event.

Fight is little more than 2 weeks away.... why haven't any of the odds been released other than main event?

I am looking forward to basically every fight on this card even Amanda Bobby Cooper and her 2-3 record lol

Aldo +265 is starting to get a bit ridiculous.

Holloway just gave Aldo a life altering beating 6 months ago. And hes likely still improving while Aldo has hit his peak. Why wouldn't Holloway be -325?

Seems fair to me

Devils advocate Halloway couldnt touch aldo till mid 2nd when aldo started to tire. Supposedly aldo was very hurt and couldnt do cardio preparing for fight

Aldo also didn’t throw any leg kicks. Also in shape, hungry , healthy and throwing his leg kicks could be a different result.

aldo was injured and not able to throw leg kicks in the first fight, could be a game changer here.

Devils advocate Halloway couldnt touch aldo till mid 2nd when aldo started to tire. Supposedly aldo was very hurt and couldnt do cardio preparing for fight

what was the brazilians excuse for losing?

aldo was injured and not able to throw leg kicks in the first fight, could be a game changer here.

aldo was credited for throwing four leg kicks against frankie, seven against mendes

I think Aldo will always tire when he can't fight at his pace. And Holloway just will not let him fight at his pace.

I definitely favor Holloway and it probably goes similarly to the first, however if Aldo was truly hurt I will gladly take +265 to find out if the leg kicks and better cardio matter.

Aldo couldn't beat Holloway in front of his home crowd in Brazil with his fans behind him, I don't seeing him winning in the US. price for Holloway is pretty steep though. Like SBJJ mentioned he won't be able to keep up with Holloway's pace and output over 5 rounds, plus Holloway's got a chin on him, so I don't see a killshot happening for Aldo.

In terms of leg kicks, it's not easy to blast someone like Holloway with legkicks due to his footwork and the angles he takes.

Aldo couldn't beat Holloway in front of his home crowd in Brazil with his fans behind him, I don't seeing him winning in the US. price for Holloway is pretty steep though. Like SBJJ mentioned he won't be able to keep up with Holloway's pace and output over 5 rounds, plus Holloway's got a chin on him, so I don't see a killshot happening for Aldo.

In terms of leg kicks, it's not easy to blast someone like Holloway with legkicks due to his footwork and the angles he takes.

Agreed. Getting Aldo at this price is tempting for sure, but I'm struggling to see him actually winning this.

Is he going to put Max away? Seems pretty unlikely, Max is extremely durable and outside of the KZ shoulder injury, Aldo hasn't stopped anyone since the Mendes knee in 2012.

Can he win a decision in a 5 round fight against a cardio machine who pushes the pace like Max? I suppose there's an outside chance, but he slowed down a lot in the first fight, so idk how much he can really improve that in only 6 months. I get he was supposedly injured, but his cardio was a question mark in the past as well.

It just seems to me like Holloway is a nightmare matchup for Aldo at this point.

Too bad Aldo as not that GSP approach to fights. I think he could outgrapple Max but he is going to kickbox all night long.

I favor Max here. Aldo went for the kill and gassed. He cant do that.

I think it will be a lot closer so Aldo at +265 is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back