PBP UFC 218 Holloway vs. Aldo Prelims PBP Discussion 6:15pmET/3:15pmPT/11:15pmUK

The ref didn’t stop the fight. Felder has to keep going because you can’t just assume the ref saw the tap
Yep, ref's the one to blame. Having a style that revolves around laying dead on the mat doesn't really help, either.

The ref didn’t stop the fight. Felder has to keep going because you can’t just assume the ref saw the tap

While I get what you're saying, the amount of times he hit him after knowing he tapped was a disgusting amount.

Charles needs to get his grip and overall strength up, he had that choke locked

47255-1333894.png

Nice picks except the main and co main.
I went back and forth on those two and Gaethje/ Alvarez. Back and forth and back and forth and...
If Reem gets smoked it will seem obvious given his chin and cardio issues, but he just beat Werdum and Hunt.... Ngannou hasn't beaten anybody even close to that.
With Aldo; I think he looked ready; mentally and physically. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that his leg kicks are viable tonight. We'll see.
And I think Alvarez is going have the tools to defeat Gaethje.

We'll see. I won't be shocked if I lose all 3.

While I get what you're saying, the amount of times he hit him after knowing he tapped was a disgusting amount.
Agreed but again I think that’s down to the ref. Even if the tap is taken out of the equation, it could’ve been stopped earlier because he ate like 5-7 elbows clean before Dan stepped in

He’s need even that large of a fw and is a small lw you dumbass
Isn't a large FW but missed weight all the time at FW...... (yeah your the one whose a fucking dumbass).

I have trained with his coach (Jorge Patrino) on multiple occasions and he has told me that Charles cuts more than he does (Jorge use to fight at LW and was big/physical for the weight class and Charles still cut more than him for a weight class lower). Its basically the Barao/Aldo situation a few years back when Barao was larger but fought a weight class lower

Do I believe his coach along with the scale or do I believe some random dumbass on sherdog ?

Felder doesn't have much choice. You go until the ref stops the fight.

I think after almost getting choked out Felder was going to make damn sure he won, lol.

I went back and forth on those two and Gaethje/ Alvarez. Back and forth and back and forth and...
If Reem gets smoked it will seem obvious given his chin and cardio issues, but he just beat Werdum and Hunt.... Ngannou hasn't beaten anybody even close to that.
With Aldo; I think he looked ready; mentally and physically. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that his leg kicks are viable tonight. We'll see.
And I think Alvarez is going have the tools to defeat Gaethje.

We'll see. I won't be shocked if I lose all 3.
I went back and forth on Alvarez and reem too. Just they always seem to get hit.

And I picked Holloway the first time around too.

That Yancy vs. Cowboy fight was hard to watch. I would like to see something like headgear and leg pads introduced

Agreed but again I think that’s down to the ref. Even if the tap is taken out of the equation, it could’ve been stopped earlier because he ate like 5-7 elbows clean before Dan stepped in

How many times have you seen a fighter signal to the ref that someone is out, or that they are tapping? It's just a dick move to hit someone that many times after you, personally, know that they gave up. While it is the job of the ref, to deliver that much damage after knowing that your opponent threw in the towel isn't something that I can justify. Seeing people praise it doesn't sit well with me. Do what you have to do, but that should have never been allowed to happen. Shitty reffing, and horrible sportsmanship IMO.

Back