UFC 219 - Cyborg vs Holm - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside GSP beating Bisping is there anyone who has had 18 months off and said they are retiring and came back and looked good? Genuine question.

like Esparza alot at these odds.. could easily see her grind out a dec from top in fact that is most likely outcome imo

hedge with Calvillo sub maybe

Outside GSP beating Bisping is there anyone who has had 18 months off and said they are retiring and came back and looked good? Genuine question.

cant think of any but then i again i dont really remember any top fighters hwo did retire and came back again other then Penn

not sure why anyone would ever question the heart or punch resistence especially of Condit? what is this based on?

i think he smokes Magny.. would be estatic if i can get him at +odds
Multiple retirements? He's 0/1 on defending takedowns since his knee injury, as Alves and Lawler had no interest in takedowns. I bet on Maia to Sub1 him, but I didn't like how Condit was acting leading up to the sub. That wasn't heart, that was instant-tap. I think Condit's still willing to bang, but I feel like he's going to have Mein-syndrome where he has issues once put on his back now that his athleticism's slipped and his heart isn't quite the same.

This talk about Carlos' lack of heart is seriously laughable and also a bit cringey.

This talk about Carlos' lack of heart is seriously laughable and also a bit cringey.
A dude is always the same dude that he was in the peak of his career, clearly. He's had interviews talking about motivation problems, has essentially retired twice now and was never great at stopping the takedown even at his peak. Condit had the archetypal young man's game, between his unconventional volume-striking and guard-based ground defense, but those can frequently just stop working. Even in the Maia fight the commentators note that 'Jacksons prefers to focus on guard elbows rather than getting up for this fight', and that takedown was off a fairly-shitty single leg. Magny's a better offensive wrestler than Maia, and that path to victory's there if he gets his Fight IQ online for once.

I honestly don't get why they're giving Condit the Magny matchup. Perry-Condit would have made a lot more sense than Perry-Ponz in my book. Condit was always a 'feel' fighter, and I find it hard to trust one of those off a major injury and retirements.

I have only played Lineker so far and I played Holm/Cyborg ITD a while ago in a parlay. The other favs seem high, but I just can't seem to play the dogs yet.

Not said he was retired but Dominick Cruz cane back from a long absence and looked great against mizugaki.

A dude is always the same dude that he was in the peak of his career, clearly. He's had interviews talking about motivation problems, has essentially retired twice now and was never great at stopping the takedown even at his peak. Condit had the archetypal young man's game, between his unconventional volume-striking and guard-based ground defense, but those can frequently just stop working. Even in the Maia fight the commentators note that 'Jacksons prefers to focus on guard elbows rather than getting up for this fight', and that takedown was off a fairly-shitty single leg. Magny's a better offensive wrestler than Maia, and that path to victory's there if he gets his Fight IQ online for once.

I honestly don't get why they're giving Condit the Magny matchup. Perry-Condit would have made a lot more sense than Perry-Ponz in my book. Condit was always a 'feel' fighter, and I find it hard to trust one of those off a major injury and retirements.

Magny is not a better offensive wrestler than Maia, although he doesn't necessarily need to be to score takedowns here.

I would need better than +5xx to touch Magny ITD here, not seeing that at all.

I hesitated on Condit at -150 and won't play him higher than that, so probably just a pass for me.

Last edited:
Really like the over at -175 for Rivera/Lineker. Played that with Linker at +165 and will look to his NSC line as well. Rivera has the better footwork and variety, but likes to operate in the pocket where Linker makes his bread with that power and granite fucking chin. Linker won't allow Rivera to walk him backwards like previous opponents and Rivera's output seems to slow/punches don't carry the same zip second half of the fight. I could see Rivera mixing in wrestling to win the 1st and lose the next two to Linker's pressure/harder shots or get caught in the pocket. A knockdown likely wins a round as well in what I expect to be 3 close rounds and an overall close dec.

Last edited:
not sure why anyone would ever question the heart or punch resistence especially of Condit? what is this based on?

i think he smokes Magny.. would be estatic if i can get him at +odds

condit had doubts about continuing his career before maia, alluded to the fact that the shot he took from damian in guard was the reason he lost, a shot he has taken previously with no problems, and also mentioned the length of his career.

I like Carla at +235. She has the experience over Calvillo and I believe she'll grind this one out.

Khabib gets rocked often. He thinks he can box but actually can't.
I'm not disagreeing w you, my memory for these things has just gotten worse. Which fights has he been rocked/stunned in besides the MJ fight? I dont really recall any others

Really like the over at -175 for Rivera/Lineker. Played that with Linker at +165 and will look to his NSC line as well. Rivera has the better footwork and variety, but likes to operate in the pocket where Linker makes his bread with that power and granite fucking chin. Linker won't allow Rivera to walk him backwards like previous opponents and Rivera's output seems to slow/punches don't carry the same zip second half of the fight. I could see Rivera mixing in wrestling to win the 1st and lose the next two to Linker's pressure/harder shots or get caught in the pocket. A knockdown likely wins a round as well in what I expect to be 3 close rounds and an overall close dec.
I'm hoping to get a nice +3.5 line on Lineker

Do we expect to get the prelim lines this week or next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back