UFC 220 - Miocic vs Ngannou - Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid said great "striking", not "boxing". Ngannou has great striking because its effective as hell, he has deceptive range control and is lethal in the pocket. Its no wonder he was able to not get hit by Overeem and Arlovski when he was in a firefight in the pocket and blast them through the cosmos.
Ngannou's striking looks rigid to the untrained eye but his range finding is excellent. He has that "IT". The power magnifies that.
Lol no. The last time Ngganou threw a leg kick, his ass was on the mat because Hamilton saw it coming a mile away

Did 3.62u on Arce at -145. He is another of the northeast fighters that I've seen in person often. I really like his footwork, combination punching, and fluid game. I usually don't like going against the Hawaii guys but had to here.

arce has the kind of skillset that i really like, i scanned him before his contender series fight. i don't know much about ige - favourable stylistic match up would you say?

Lol no. The last time Ngganou threw a leg kick, his ass was on the mat because Hamilton saw it coming a mile away

leg kicks will have nothing to do with the winner of the fight

stipe has the big overhand right whereas ngganou can end your night with either hand with different punches

leg kicks will have nothing to do with the winner of the fight

stipe has the big overhand right whereas ngganou can end your night with either hand with different punches
Literally no one in this thread is arguing the notion that IF Ngganou lands a good punch, Stipe is going to sleep. Stipe's route to victory is using his wrestling and tiring Ngganou out. How many times have we seen someone w crap wrestling get exploited and lose in a fight w similar circumstances like these? Ngganou winning is a very real possibility but it's not 64% as the current odds suggest

Ngannou has the mike Tyson factor going on. People are defeated before they even get in the ring. They make uncharacteristic mistakes and end up knocked out

I think stipe is scared

Literally no one in this thread is arguing the notion that IF Ngganou lands a good punch, Stipe is going to sleep. Stipe's route to victory is using his wrestling and tiring Ngganou out. How many times have we seen someone w crap wrestling get exploited and lose in a fight w similar circumstances like these? Ngganou winning is a very real possibility but it's not 64% as the current odds suggest

imo, stipe also throws the straighter and tighter right hand that can get their first. ngannous punch resistance is also more or less untested whereas miocics is proven. he did take some shots from cisse but thats not the same as stipe

im probably going to live bet stipe 2nd round and also play the rd 1 miocic prop at +600

Last edited:
Did 3.62u on Arce at -145. He is another of the northeast fighters that I've seen in person often. I really like his footwork, combination punching, and fluid game. I usually don't like going against the Hawaii guys but had to here.

Also did 1.75u on Villante at -175

Barroso isn't exactly a great dog, however I will never ever be on Villante as a favourite again.
Since he has no nickname yet I would suggest Gian "Lackluster" Villante

Ngannou has the mike Tyson factor going on. People are defeated before they even get in the ring. They make uncharacteristic mistakes and end up knocked out

I think stipe is scared

thats ridiculous

miocic has been in with jds, hunt, arvlovski, gozanga, nelson and alistair, all guys that can end your night with one clean shot

imo, stipe also throws the straighter and tighter right hand that can get their first. ngannous punch resistance is also more or less untested whereas miocics is proven. he did take some shots from cisse but thats not the same as stipe

im probably going to live bet stipe 2nd round and also play the rd 1 miocic ko prop at +600
Personally, I'm happy with Stipe ITD at +219 with some stabs at Stipe rd 2 (+775), rd 3 (+1150) and rd 4 (+1650). Yeah, ill LB him if the odds are good but I'm not really comfortable going in for more than 3u here (which is what I'll have on the Stipe ITD line)

arce has the kind of skillset that i really like, i scanned him before his contender series fight. i don't know much about ige - favourable stylistic match up would you say?
Ige is gritty as well, and not a bad fighter. I see him as a grinder though, and don't think he will be able to hang on the feet with Arce's volume. Arce's bjj is very good, and cardio is fantastic. I like him here but with Ige's style it could be a dog fight.

Personally, I'm happy with Stipe ITD at +219 with some stabs at Stipe rd 2 (+775), rd 3 (+1150) and rd 4 (+1650). Yeah, ill LB him if the odds are good but I'm not really comfortable going in for more than 3u here (which is what I'll have on the Stipe ITD line)

i think theyll be better odds on stipe after the first round while minimizing the chance of a ngannou finish. stipes punch resistance might also be compromised from all the fights hes been in and, imo, his defense is very suspect. that rheem lead straight left was horrible

and itd is essentially the same as ml with a fighter that has the mentality of ngannou whose going to finish you or get finished trying.

Some of yall here are gonna be surprised at how Ngannou makes this look. Stipe's upright stance allows him to throw quicker straight 1,2s but defence is non existent. Ngannou has fantastic range, he's deceptively quick and his herky jerk in and out bounces make it look like he's there to be hit. In the pocket, Id choose Ngannou. This fight will definitely be won in the pocket. He's much more aware of distance and punches in this space than any other HW at the moment.

4VhLvG0.gif

ZestyRecklessBaiji-size_restricted.gif

Sure Stipe is good in the pocket but he's purely offensive, whilst Ngannou takes care of his chin by keeping his head of the center line to avoid the straight. His straights wont be as effective in the pocket imo.

miocic-power-shots-close-range-arlovski-ko-2.gif

Last edited:
thats ridiculous

miocic has been in with jds, hunt, arvlovski, gozanga, nelson and alistair, all guys that can end your night with one clean shot

I understand that

But Was it ridiculous with Tyson?
And Ronda rousey?

I like stipe as a dog but I’m hesitant to bet him

A world class striker In overeem made a careless mistake quickly against the pressure

Last edited:

when was prime tyson or prime roussey scared?

your argument could have merit if stipe was coming off his first ko loss to struve but there is nothing to suggest that miocic wont let ngannou come forward and counter him like he did with werdum

when was prime tyson or prime roussey scared?

your argument could have merit if stipe was coming off his first ko loss to struve but there is nothing to suggest that miocic wont let ngannou come forward and counter him like he did with werdum
I’m talking about the people who were fighting them

When you nearly decapitate a world class striker in the first round it’s gets people thinking

I’m just putting it out there

I have lots of leans

Makachev
Moroz
Pantoja
Ngannou
Burgos

man i wish i got that +220 on homasi, i still hit +180 because i think it's a 50/50 fight.

razak is a power puncher with minimal nuance, he was also breathing heavy in that first round - he might have been in real trouble in round 2.
Agreed, I was on Homasi the first time and like him here anything north of +150

Actually like a fair few ML’s this card!
Almeida at 1.87 seems bit mad to me I’ll take that
Makhachev
Burgos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back