UFC 220 - Miocic vs Ngannou - Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep but I'm waiting for decision line. Wont be much better but unlikely to finish

edit ignore me i didnt realize the line is already out. I just took some at +207

not concerned about his 3 tkos in the ufc? that finish of sandoval was savage.

Kattar looks sharp on the feet but I still favor Burgos' power and pressure.

Anyone know anything about Brandon Davis? His striking looks really fluid from the DWTCS fight but it also looked like he gassed pretty hard in a 2 rd fight that was primarily fought on the feet that he was controlling.

Anyone know anything about Brandon Davis? His striking looks really fluid from the DWTCS fight but it also looked like he gassed pretty hard in a 2 rd fight that was primarily fought on the feet that he was controlling.

He's Jason Knights striking coach. Wrapping up tape and research and I'll post my thoughts

arce has the kind of skillset that i really like, i scanned him before his contender series fight. i don't know much about ige - favourable stylistic match up would you say?

ige's actually pretty legit, too. doesn't have the weapons arce has, but he's a darn good grappler and no major holes anywhere

IMO this is an example of terrible judging. Round 1 was close, I think you can make an argument for either guy. But all three judges giving round 2 to Rosa is insane. Sure, Rosa put out a shit ton of volume but a huge percentage of it was desperation wild hooks and the like that were either missing completely or barely landing. Burgos had him backing up the entire round and was landing the cleaner, clearly more damaging strikes.

The only real success Rosa had in the fight was with his leg kicks and even they didn't seem to really have much of an affect. Had that fight gone to decision it would have been a robbery in my mind. Burgos took over after the first round.

agreed

Some of yall here are gonna be surprised at how Ngannou makes this look. Stipe's upright stance allows him to throw quicker straight 1,2s but defence is non existent. Ngannou has fantastic range, he's deceptively quick and his herky jerk in and out bounces make it look like he's there to be hit. In the pocket, Id choose Ngannou. This fight will definitely be won in the pocket. He's much more aware of distance and punches in this space than any other HW at the moment.

4VhLvG0.gif

ZestyRecklessBaiji-size_restricted.gif

Sure Stipe is good in the pocket but he's purely offensive, whilst Ngannou takes care of his chin by keeping his head of the center line to avoid the straight. His straights wont be as effective in the pocket imo.

miocic-power-shots-close-range-arlovski-ko-2.gif

Initially my thoughts on this fight were - Stipe would be able to get in his grill and piece Francis up with the short/straight shots he throws but the more I look at it the more I agree.

Stipes shots are straight and extremely accurate but he will never been in range of the distance and angles that Francis is able to keep....also this notion that everyone keeps mentioning like Stipe is going to be able to wrestle/hold Francis against the fence and tire him out is ridiculous lol. Stipe has NEVER been a good offensive wrestler and he won't be able to pressure/hold Francis like that.

Francis is a different animal and hes most likely going to knock his head off

I assume you're referring to the Vasquez fight. Up until just after that fight he was working full time and training at a no name gym. He moved to the Alan Belcher team and has looked worlds improved since. His cardio held up in his very high paced DWCS fight in which he was helping Knight with his fight 3 days prior leaving Davis to cut 21lbs in 4 days. Cardio also looked great in his Mustaki fight.

He has excellent MT and head movement, very aggressive, high volume with lots of pressure, an iron chin. Good cardio, defensive grappling and scrambles. He's a 4 stripe purple belt vs a purple belt. Bochniak is mostly a right cross with leg kicks on the feet. He goes for TDs near the end of rounds to try and steal them but doesn't have great top control. Bochniak should be 0-3 in the UFC, Barzola pretty clearly won that fight imo, one judge gave him 30-27 and all media judges scored it for Barzola.

Davis anywhere near evens is a steal, 3.5u -112.

Burgos is like 1.5-1.6 on most of the uk books so I had to take 1.8 when I saw it on marathon bet, nothing huge but gotta be on that.

I assume you're referring to the Vasquez fight. Up until just after that fight he was working full time and training at a no name gym. He moved to the Alan Belcher team and has looked worlds improved since. His cardio held up in his very high paced DWCS fight in which he was helping Knight with his fight 3 days prior leaving Davis to cut 21lbs in 4 days. Cardio also looked great in his Mustaki fight.

He has excellent MT and head movement, very aggressive, high volume with lots of pressure, an iron chin. Good cardio, defensive grappling and scrambles. He's a 4 stripe purple belt vs a purple belt. Bochniak is mostly a right cross with leg kicks on the feet. He goes for TDs near the end of rounds to try and steal them but doesn't have great top control. Bochniak should be 0-3 in the UFC, Barzola pretty clearly won that fight imo, one judge gave him 30-27 and all media judges scored it for Barzola.

Davis anywhere near evens is a steal, 3.5u -112.

Sounds good. I’m tailing [email protected].

Barzola seems to improve leaps and bounds every fight if you compare him from his first fight to his last. He did his first proper camp at ATT for the Benitez fight and looked excellent. Expect to see another improved version here. Bessette seems to have past history of struggling with wrestlers as well and against Croom he was way too content to back up against the fence before Croom gassed. Barzola has excellent takedown's against the fence.

Last edited:
took font again when it bumped back to +125.. i like him outright here. being in boston doesn't hurt him, either. munhoz an entirely different fight than almeida. think font can exploit almeida's lack of defense (and munhoz has a better chin and obviously that sub threat is altogether different)
I think im with you but I worry about Fonts thoughness he doesn't seem to react well to getting hit. Almeida will likely tag him hard at some point.

I can't bet Font here I don't think. Munhoz hurt him and I didn't like his whole attitude post fight he was joking and high fiving and posted some birthday cake picture on his twitter a few hours later. Not the attitude i want from someone I'm betting on. Also it seemed Delagrotte wasn't with him last camp and he wasn't in his corner which i did not like. Anyone know if he is back with him for this fight?

I think im with you but I worry about Fonts thoughness he doesn't seem to react well to getting hit. Almeida will likely tag him hard at some point.

Reasonable concern

Btw, who are the bostonians here?

Font
Kattar I think
Bochniak
Bessette northeastern kid too I think
Any others?

I can't bet Font here I don't think. Munhoz hurt him and I didn't like his whole attitude post fight he was joking and high fiving and posted some birthday cake picture on his twitter a few hours later. Not the attitude i want from someone I'm betting on. Also it seemed Delagrotte wasn't with him last camp and he wasn't in his corner which i did not like. Anyone know if he is back with him for this fight?

It's back at home, I'd be shocked if not

Barzola seems to improve leaps and bounds every fight if you compare him from his first fight to his last. He did his first proper camp at ATT for the Benitez fight and looked excellent. Expect to see another improved version here. Bessette seems to have past history of struggling with wrestlers as well and against Croom he was way too content to back up against the fence before Croom gassed. Barzola has excellent takedown's against the fence.

Further to above his last two losses before the DWCS loss were fights he got wrestlefucked in outside of his KO loss to Wheeler.

Font looked absolutely terrified against Lineker and then didn't handle the forward pressure of Munhoz. To me, those are two red flags with someone like Almeida who brings heat and moves forward.

Was listening to the Florian and Anik podcast - Rob Font is now training with Joe Lauzon's team, no longer trains with Mark DellaGrotte.

Re-watched Font vs Munhoz. Font was doing well early on busting Munhoz up from range but Munhoz kept coming and started landing some good swinging shots. I think Munhoz stunned Font which made him shoot in. Haven't re-watched the Lineker fight but from what I remember Lineker just marched him down and beat him up for 3 rounds. I think if Almeida pressures Font he should win. He might get tagged early like he usually does but when he finds his groove Font might start getting more hesitant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back