UFC 224 - Nunes vs Pennington - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Someone quote me after the fight. ABC will win in the wrestling department when she fights Dern. She's gonna outmuscle Dern against the cage and basically stuff Dern. Dern's wrestling is hot garbage.

Someone quote me after the fight. ABC will win in the wrestling department when she fights Dern. She's gonna outmuscle Dern against the cage and basically stuff Dern. Dern's wrestling is hot garbage.
I mean, both are shitty MMA fighters, so you shouldn't be surprised if Dern manages to get an easy take down just like I won't be surprised if ABC is able to stop the take downs.

Also, when Dern wins, I won't be the one trying to rub it in your face by quoting your old post(s). Only idiots do stuff like that.

Edit: Do we know if James Bochnovic vs. Markus Perez is on this card? BestFightOdds shows the fight, but UFC.com doesn't.

I mean, both are shitty MMA fighters, so you shouldn't be surprised if Dern manages to get an easy take down just like I won't be surprised if ABC is able to stop the take downs.

Also, when Dern wins, I won't be the one trying to rub it in your face by quoting your old post(s). Only idiots do stuff like that.

Edit: Do we know if James Bochnovic vs. Markus Perez is on this card? BestFightOdds shows the fight, but UFC.com doesn't.
I dont care who wins, just that *Cooper will outwrestle and stop Dern's shitty wrestling.

Last edited:
Cooper has been subbed in all her losses. No ground game. Her only real win is Magana unless you think a close win over Anna Elmose is worth noting

Except if Dern can't drag her to the mat (I think she'll be able to, but whatever) she'll at least be able to close distance and tie Cooper up and then pull guard. From there it's such a grappling mismatch that I'm honestly not sure Cooper will even be able to pull away and stand up before being swept. Dern can close up her guard and hold Cooper there, setting up a sub off her back. I don't think Cooper even has the ability to find her way out of that situation. You are talking about maybe a yellow belt level grappler in Cooper vs one of the 2-3 best female grapplers on the planet. Dern can attack with a leglock and just use it to sweep too. She literally has every grappling weapon in her arsenal vs a someone who's looked like a novice on the ground.

Cooper has the striking advantage for sure. If Dern is dumb enough to stay at distance or too stubborn to resort to an unorthodox way to get it to the mat, Cooper has a shot. Otherwise, this should be a squash match.

Cooper has been subbed in all her losses. No ground game. Her only real win is Magana unless you think a close win over Anna Elmose is worth noting

Those 3 sub losses are to 3 of the best grapplers in wmma, all of which she was willing to engage with on the mat. She stuffed Suarez's initial TD attempt but her chain wrestling was too much. She was able to sweep Suarez and almost got one on Ladd.

While she was willing to grapple with them, they were somewhat unknown commodities at the time. From recent interviews it sounds like Cooper knows to avoid grappling at all costs.

Unrelated, but you rate Magana higher than Elmose?

Because of his excessive movement, he telegraphs pretty much everything and isnt a good counter striker. His kicks are particularly easy to see coming. When he puts pressure on with that excessive movement its real easy to offset him. He also moves back in straight lines a bit too much which got him starched vs Santos. Leites is just going to be kicking and might even be able to run through hermansson for takedowns. just committing to running through hermansson is a good strategy.

Hey I really dig your analysis, especially because it's focused on technical details. Look like you are new here and so just wanted to say thanks and welcome.

Amanda is actually a BJJ purple belt.

Jeez really? Under who? Maybe she's a lot better in the gi or something. I haven't seen that level of grappling from her at all. Everything I've seen makes me believe that if this hits the mat, it's a monstrous mismatch. Maybe not a sub within a minute or anything, but complete and utter control by Dern at worst.

Hey I really dig your analysis, especially because it's focused on technical details. Look like you are new here and so just wanted to say thanks and welcome.

For what its worth im not having a bet on the fight because the odds are close but I just dont think Hermansson is a lock. I think his stand up game is all about hiding takedowns. I remember him saying he learned wrestling first and likes that aspect of mma. when he has a better ground game than his opponent then I would consider him dangerous because style is definitely good for hiding takedowns but he wont take leites down will he? Very few really wants to go to the ground with leites.

For what its worth im not having a bet on the fight because the odds are close but I just dont think Hermansson is a lock. I think his stand up game is all about hiding takedowns. I remember him saying he learned wrestling first and likes that aspect of mma. when he has a better ground game than his opponent then I would consider him dangerous because style is definitely good for hiding takedowns but he wont take leites down will he? Very few really wants to go to the ground with leites.
And what happened when Jotko went to the ground with Leites?

LOL at getting hyped on Leites, 36 year old USADA victim that is on a massive decline.

And what happened when Jotko went to the ground with Leites?

LOL at getting hyped on Leites, 36 year old USADA victim that is on a massive decline.

Who is getting hyped on leites? All im saying is Hermansson is a poor striker, no better than leites in my opinion and on the ground leites has skills. Jotko is the only one I can remember who went to the ground. Jotko is a shitty striker. Maybe hermansson takes it to the ground and dominates but I would not be confident on it.

Who is getting hyped on leites? All im saying is Hermansson is a poor striker, no better than leites in my opinion and on the ground leites has skills. Jotko is the only one I can remember who went to the ground. Jotko is a shitty striker. Maybe hermansson takes it to the ground and dominates but I would not be confident on it.
You clearly don't know anything about Jotko if you think he's a shitty striker, his striking is actually quite good, he's just not as good as guys like Tavares.

Jotko dominated Leites on the ground, Leites just gassed after the 1st round and then got smashed with GNP. This ain't 2013 anymore, Leites doesn't have his steroids to help him. Leites on his way out, looks worse and worse and has taken a lot of damage in recent years.

Hermansson will most likely keep it standing and just out box Leites. Assuming Hermansson doesn't flake out again cause he's in Brazil but I'confident he gets it done this time, Hermansson just the better guy right now.

You clearly don't know anything about Jotko if you think he's a shitty striker, his striking is actually quite good, he's just not as good as guys like Tavares.

Jotko dominated Leites on the ground, Leites just gassed after the 1st round and then got smashed with GNP. This ain't 2013 anymore, Leites doesn't have his steroids to help him. Leites on his way out, looks worse and worse and has taken a lot of damage in recent years.

Hermansson will most likely keep it standing and just out box Leites. Assuming Hermansson doesn't flake out again cause he's in Brazil but I'confident he gets it done this time, Hermansson just the better guy right now.

Jotko is one of the worst strikers I've seen. Very clumsy technique, nothing natural at all. We can agree to disagree on that. I had a big bet on Tavares to KO him.

I think you are right that Hermansson will keep it standing. I actually hope he wins because when he gets matched against someone good I will make money.

Jotko is one of the worst strikers I've seen. Very clumsy technique, nothing natural at all. We can agree to disagree on that. I had a big bet on Tavares to KO him.

I think you are right that Hermansson will keep it standing. I actually hope he wins because when he gets matched against someone good I will make money.
Well you have a terrible read on Jotko

And If you bet props then you don't bet big, just a fact.

I don't rate Hermansson highly either but Leites is done

images
mackenzie-dern-hot-photos5-1.png
nintchdbpict000375986518.jpg
10000213_10151998816643437_817678949_n.jpg

0316-mackenzie-dern-amanda-cooper-hot-footer-3.jpg

One thing that hasn’t been discussed here is who is hotter? Dern or Ricky Bobby?

In low level wmma, this is a huge factor.
I’d say you could argue that both are fairly hot.

If you’re into more muscular women, abc has the shoulders that make you want to test your strength and see if you could take her down and get a dominant wrestling position on her

For those of you who prefer a more feminine build, dern has curves in all the right places. The jiggle factor of her butt alone gives her a slight edge in my book over abc.

Face wise I’ve got to say that abc has dern beat. She actually likes to dress up and look like a female.

So we really have the best of both worlds here in this matchup. And again in low level wmma it’s important that you have something nice to look at for 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Back