UFC 225 in Chicago

Woodley vs RDA
CM Punk vs Michael Jackson

Are both likely. Would be nice if we landed Holloway vs Frankie too but no clue how series the injury is.

Woodley vs RDA
CM Punk vs Michael Jackson

Are both likely. Would be nice if we landed Holloway vs Frankie too but no clue how series the injury is.
"I know it sucks but hang in there. We're going to reschedule asap".

I feel like if it was a serious injury he would let us know. Also, I think he may just be wanting off a card where he makes 0 in ppv points. I told him as much last week, may be my fault.

My B-day is that weekend.

Been to a few major city in the US.
New York, Boston, Philly, L.A
Détroit, Cleveland

Could be cool !
How is Chi-town ?
Best city in the summer in biased opinion

Damn, when was the last time Chiraq had a PPV. hopefully it's stacked, but seeing as it's right before international fight week's card. We're probably getting screwed.

Damn, when was the last time Chiraq had a PPV. hopefully it's stacked, but seeing as it's right before international fight week's card. We're probably getting screwed.

UFC 90 in Rosement. Silva vs Cote

Other cards have been on Fox.

My B-day is that weekend.

Been to a few major city in the US.
New York, Boston, Philly, L.A
Détroit, Cleveland

Could be cool !
How is Chi-town ?

You'll like it, bro. World class city.

Just stay away from the south and west side.

Sweeet! Last event I went to in Chicago was the Miguel Torres/Mizugaki fight in the WEC. It better be in the city and not in the burbs.

It's at the united center, bro.

Sounds like this could be Dos Anjos - Twood? Just rumors I'm seeing right now....

Only announced fights are Gadehla vs Esparza, right?

With Punk vs Jackson being about 90%

Waiting for dat headliner.

Bleh. We've been living here since 2016, my wife is getting her Masters in Fine Arts from the School Of The Art Institute here. Our time here is up in June (Thank goodness). We're European, I'm Italian & she's Swedish. We live in Lisbon.

I was pretty excited to move to Chicago for 2 years. That excitement was drained about 2 months in. I'm not a fan of the US in general though, and Chicago is probably the US's most "American" major city. Very dim-witted, low IQ, "durrr sports fan" Midwestern aesthetic to the place. As much as Chicago likes to refer to itself as a "world class metropolis", the fact is that it's located in the Midwestern United States, and the vast majority of it's transplant residents are atypical cornfed, culturally-void Midwestern lugs. It has some world class elements to it, do not get me wrong, but they are the exceptions to the greater rule, and the city itself seems to be trying to move away from the arts & solidify itself as a purely corporate city.

It's also absurdly expensive for what you get in return. ie: Los Angeles is similarly priced, except you get to be in a natural wonderland, with direct access to beaches, mountains, forests, etc, as well as all the trappings of big city life. So high taxes make sense there. You need to travel at LEAST 3 hours outside of Chicago to experience any real nature, and even then, you're still in the Midwest.

Some good restaurants though. Especially restaurant row (along Randolph in the West Loop). A word of advice: stay away from the downtown area. Stay in a neighborhood. Preferably Lakeview, Lincoln Park, Pilsen, West Town, West Loop, Logan Square, Wicker Park, or Bucktown (where we live).

You sound like an Italian douchebag.

June would be the perfect time for the Montano v. Shevchenko flyweight title fight as a co-main event (I assume the UFC will have another title fight on the card). June would give time for Montano's foot to be fully healed and a full fight camp.

Cm punk Will be on that one then.

We now know the date & place.

Need to know Vs Who now. ..
VS

michael-jackson-pepsi-commercial-raw.jpg

Been to chicago for the last 2 cards (Holm vs Shev and Dillashaw vs Barao 2)

Great city, the downtown area was fantastic. Very clean and nice looking place.

Arena is real nice. There's a big parking lot across the street where they do autograph signings, etc.

I didn't venture out of the downtown area, so didn't get to experience Chi-raq.

But would recommend it to anyone thinking about going.

Back