UFC 225 in Chicago

June would be the perfect time for the Montano v. Shevchenko flyweight title fight as a co-main event (I assume the UFC will have another title fight on the card). June would give time for Montano's foot to be fully healed and a full fight camp.
Montano will need more than a full fight camp.......
IMO, she should just hand over the belt. Winning that clown TUF tournament. getting that joke of a belt was probably the worst thing that ever happened to her, as she will now have to fight Teh Shev.

IMO, she should just hand over the belt. Winning that clown TUF tournament. getting that joke of a belt was probably the worst thing that ever happened to her, as she will now have to fight Teh Shev.

You think she should follow in someone's footsteps?

098_Germaine_de_Randamie.0.0.jpg

Montano is 5-0 -against the UFC's top 15 flyweights, Shevchenko is 0-1, yeah just give "tedious" Tina the belt.

Last edited:
Bleh. We've been living here since 2016, my wife is getting her Masters in Fine Arts from the School Of The Art Institute here. Our time here is up in June (Thank goodness). We're European, I'm Italian & she's Swedish. We live in Lisbon.

I was pretty excited to move to Chicago for 2 years. That excitement was drained about 2 months in. I'm not a fan of the US in general though, and Chicago is probably the US's most "American" major city. Very dim-witted, low IQ, "durrr sports fan" Midwestern aesthetic to the place. As much as Chicago likes to refer to itself as a "world class metropolis", the fact is that it's located in the Midwestern United States, and the vast majority of it's transplant residents are atypical cornfed, culturally-void Midwestern lugs. It has some world class elements to it, do not get me wrong, but they are the exceptions to the greater rule, and the city itself seems to be trying to move away from the arts & solidify itself as a purely corporate city.

It's also absurdly expensive for what you get in return. ie: Los Angeles is similarly priced, except you get to be in a natural wonderland, with direct access to beaches, mountains, forests, etc, as well as all the trappings of big city life. So high taxes make sense there. You need to travel at LEAST 3 hours outside of Chicago to experience any real nature, and even then, you're still in the Midwest.

Some good restaurants though. Especially restaurant row (along Randolph in the West Loop). A word of advice: stay away from the downtown area. Stay in a neighborhood. Preferably Lakeview, Lincoln Park, Pilsen, West Town, West Loop, Logan Square, Wicker Park, or Bucktown (where we live).
Lmao at not liking a city because it doesn't have enough nature for you. Wtf were you expecting? Do you not know anything about geography? Talk about low IQ...

Good riddance, douche.

The downtown area is by far the very worst of the inhabitable areas of the city. Like, without a doubt. The best part about Chicago are the neighborhoods located on the North/near North side of the city. It truly is a city of neighborhoods. The downtown offers nothing of value. No one who actually lives in Chicago visits the downtown neighborhoods. They're designated for mouthbreather tourists.

I just visited for the UFC shows. I don't want to live there.

What I saw of the downtown was real nice and impressive.

Why would I want to go around visiting the different neighborhoods? The fuck do I care which neighbourhoods are the best part? I'm there for the UFC show at United Centre.

Sounds like someone downed a whole bottle of haterade this morning.

haterade.gif

Will CM Punk take a pay cut?

As a Chicago native born and raised, and still living here, CM punk can fuck right off. Give us a real card for once! Like seriously? Chicago is the 3rd-4th largest city in the USA with like 3 Million people. Why don't the UFC bring more good cards here?

As a Chicago native born and raised, and still living here, CM punk can fuck right off. Give us a real card for once! Like seriously? Chicago is the 3rd-4th largest city in the USA with like 3 Million people. Why don't the UFC bring more good cards here?

This is the first PPV so it's not like Punk will be the headliner. We should get some good fights, man. A title fight or two probably.

I just visited for the UFC shows. I don't want to live there.

What I saw of the downtown was real nice and impressive.

Why would I want to go around visiting the different neighborhoods? The fuck do I care which neighbourhoods are the best part? I'm there for the UFC show at United Centre.

Sounds like someone downed a whole bottle of haterade this morning.

haterade.gif

You did it right don't listen to this holier than thou euro critic. He is giving reviews to people like they are going to live there for years, not drop in for fights.

Dillashaw vs Mighty Mouse
Woodley vs RDA
Lewis vs Ngannou
Gadelha vs Esparza
Punk vs Jackson

Damn many of the replies on that tweet show a cm punk gif

Best city in the summer in biased opinion

Word. So many festivals and beautiful women on the beach.

<{anton}>

LOL at the people thinking that the entire city is made up of the west side/englewood. Fine with me; keeps these hipsters out of the city, there's enough of that already.

Back