UFC 226 a MEGA Card???

You guys understand Main Event =/= Best Quality Fight right? Main Event = Biggest Draw. If GSP or McGregor get on this card DC vs. Stipe is the Co-Main and it won't even be a discussion lol....

DC vs. Stipe sells a max of 450k. GSP vs. McGregor does over 2mil buys easily and probably 3mil with the DC vs Stipe & DJ vs TJ on the card.
never go full retard. this will be a massively stacked card on international fight week. it will do way way more than 450 k buys. it will have the full promotional push of the ufc.

Is the UFC gonna stand pat with a DC vs. Stiped headliner, or are they going to go after a huge fight for the headliner? My gut is telling me that DC vs. Stipe is destined to be the co-main on a legendary.

My prediction of the fights they re trying to book for the main are....

1. GSP vs. McGregor
2. Mcgregor vs. Khabib/Ferg
3. GSP vs. Woodley

After the main and co-main I am guessing the have DJ vs TJ as the 3rd title fight on the card.

Main Event: One of options 1-3
Co-Main: DC vs. Stipe
Co-Co-Main: TJ vs DJ Super Fight

There will be no Conor vs. GSP in 2018, and Stipe vs. DC will be the main event.

Don't forget that not too long ago, Conor said he would not fight on cards with other PPV-grossing fighters, so don't expect to see him fighting alongside any other champions ...

Considering that many MMA news outlets reported that talks between TJ, DJ, and the UFC have stalled of late, this might be a good sign that that fight will actually happen at UFC 226. There's also the question of who wins at UFC 223 and what the UFC decides to do with the LW belt.

Have a feeling UFC 226 will be Stipe vs. DC as main and TJ vs. DJ as co-main. And, if Nunes doesn't get hurt at UFC 224, maybe they match her up with Cyborg for a women's super fight. Then, look out for Conor vs. winner of Tony/Khabib at MSG in November (UFC 230?).

never go full retard. this will be a massively stacked card on international fight week. it will do way way more than 450 k buys. it will have the full promotional push of the ufc.

I'm not gonna call you a fucking retard for having that opinion, but I'll think it to myself.

DC vs. Stipe as a headliner wouldn't sell over 500k if they fought on the surface of the sun.

There will be no Conor vs. GSP in 2018, and Stipe vs. DC will be the main event.

Don't forget that not too long ago, Conor said he would not fight on cards with other PPV-grossing fighters, so don't expect to see him fighting alongside any other champions ...

Considering that many MMA news outlets reported that talks between TJ, DJ, and the UFC have stalled of late, this might be a good sign that that fight will actually happen at UFC 226. There's also the question of who wins at UFC 223 and what the UFC decides to do with the LW belt.

Have a feeling UFC 226 will be Stipe vs. DC as main and TJ vs. DJ as co-main. And, if Nunes doesn't get hurt at UFC 224, maybe they match her up with Cyborg for a women's super fight. Then, look out for Conor vs. winner of Tony/Khabib at MSG in November (UFC 230?).

Yeah that's possible for sure.

McGregor wants to fight ASAP from the sounds of it. He missed out on fight week last time he was scheduled and he is a prideful dude. If he demanded to be on this card the UFC would bend for that.

Noway they put Conor or GSP on that DC X Steeopic card

Why have 1 stacked card when you can have 2?

Think of it this way....

Ward vs. Kovalev II was arguably the best fight from a talent stand point in boxing when it was held. it did 130k buys.... Mayweather vs McGregor was a fucking shit show in terms of credibility, but it sold 4.3mil. "Deserving" to be Main Event has nothing to do with getting it.

I'm not gonna call you a fucking retard for having that opinion, but I'll think it to myself.

DC vs. Stipe as a headliner wouldn't sell over 500k if they fought on the surface of the sun.

you are completely wrong, they are stacking this card completely and giving it the full push , and it is as good of a fight as they can make in any division. YES gsp vs mcgregor is bigger, but they would not waste that fight on a card that is already going to have multaple title fights. . every person i know cant wait for this fight , and were in canada. the home of gsp, and we want to see stipe vs dc instaed

Noway they put Conor or GSP on that DC X Steeopic card

Why have 1 stacked card when you can have 2?

Cause that ONE card generates more than both combined. It's on fight week and more people are gonna say fuck it and buy one loaded card then two separate cards.

GSP vs Mcg @ UFC 226 lol, do you even follow the sport. neither guy will be fighting at 226 or probably anytime soon after it.

you are completely wrong, they are stacking this card completely and giving it the full push , and it is as good of a fight as they can make in any division. YES gsp vs mcgregor is bigger, but they would not waste that fight on a card that is already going to have multaple title fights. . every person i know cant wait for this fight , and were in canada. the home of gsp, and we want to see stipe vs dc instaed

No you're wrong and momma's right!

Think of it this way....

Ward vs. Kovalev II was arguably the best fight from a talent stand point in boxing when it was held. it did 130k buys.... Mayweather vs McGregor was a fucking shit show in terms of credibility, but it sold 4.3mil. "Deserving" to be Main Event has nothing to do with getting it.
i get it, its not as big of a fight. its not, but stipe and dc are not being bumped. its been earmarked to headline fight wek since the day it was made

GSP vs Mcg @ UFC 226 lol, do you even follow the sport. neither guy will be fighting at 226 or probably anytime soon after it.

That's 4 months away. Both McGregor and GSP have taken fights on shorter notice than that RECENTLY! Do you follow the sport?

i get it, its not as big of a fight. its not, but stipe and dc are not being bumped. its been earmarked to headline fight wek since the day it was made

Hey they def deserve it, but if they can make the GSP vs McGregor for UFC 226 they will and they won't even ask DC if its okay lol.

For the record the best fights possible from a "Merit Stand Point" are....

1. DC vs. Stipe
2. TJ vs. DJ
3. Khabib vs. Tony
4. Cyborg vs. Nunes
5. GSP vs. Woodley
6. McGregor vs. GSP
7. McGregor vs. Nate

Obviously McGregor vs. Khabib/Tony is right up there with DC vs. Stipe, but that fight isn't possible atm.

Hey they def deserve it, but if they can make the GSP vs McGregor for UFC 226 they will and they won't even ask DC if its okay lol.
why would they ask? they would simply milk the cash cow of gsp vs mcg and heavily promote it on a different ppv.
and hey, its ok to be wrong. look at the thread, not 1 single person thinks this fight is going to happen anytime soon.

DC vs. Stipe sells a max of 450k. GSP vs. McGregor does over 2mil buys easily and probably 3mil with the DC vs Stipe & DJ vs TJ on the card.

You're shooting too low here bro, that would easily sell over 150 million ppvs

why would they ask? they would simply milk the cash cow of gsp vs mcg and heavily promote it on a different ppv.
and hey, its ok to be wrong. look at the thread, not 1 single person thinks this fight is going to happen anytime soon.

And not one single person posting here has any say on it. The same shit was posted when people dared to say McGregor vs Mayeather was gonna happen in 2017 lol. McGregor runs the show at this point and if he wants on the fight week card they will do it.

Back