UFC 226 a MEGA Card???

stipe vs dc is the main event and a fight for the ages. cant fucking wait

What?

No

The ufc is not gonna put four of its bests fights over the next like two years into one card. Most of those guys get PPV points. Not gonna happen. Those are all headlining fights on separate pay per views. You must be new to the way UFC does business.

We have a historical precedence for this not being the case.

UFC 100 (Brock and GSP) did 1.6 mil.
UFC 94 (GSP) did 920,000
UFC 91 (Brock) did over 1 mil

Despite UFC 100 being a huge spectacle, once in a decade event and getting way more promotion than the other events, it still did less than both superstars would do separately.

After you subtract the promotional costs I'm guessing UFC 100 made more money than those 2 cards would've done.

lol you're fooking clueless, GSP won't be fighting this year.

if they ever set up GSP vs Mcg, they will want 6-8 months of build up or more.

#Clueless

You do know #'s don't do anything on this site right?

Also, GSP will be fighting this year 100%.

It's fighting, not figure skating.
You don't get points for technique.

I asked who was a better fighter. I didn't ask who you thought would do better in a fantasy pound for pound land.

Yeah you do lol....

It's not a street fight. There are weight classes and P4P is a widely recognized ranking system in combat sports.

Yes, Stipe would murder DJ in an unregulated street fight. That being said DJ is the better fighter in the sport of MMA.

last i heard they were aiming for holloway vs ortega on the same card but to me they are putting all their eggs in one basket. if they put 3 title fights on one card whose gonna order the next ppv? noone

No fight should be bigger.
I agree, but that's not necessarily the case. If they made GSP vs Conor, for example (a fight I hope they never make), you know that'll be the headliner. There's other "money fights" that could/would headline over DC vs Stipe. There doesn't seem to be all that much hype for that fight, despite how big it should be. Who's talking about it right now?

Yeah you do lol....

It's not a street fight. There are weight classes and P4P is a widely recognized ranking system in combat sports.

Yes, Stipe would murder DJ in an unregulated street fight. That being said DJ is the better fighter in the sport of MMA.

You have a very strange way of defining "better fighter".

I think you mean "DJ is more skilled" or "displays better technique".

Miocic is UFC HW champion- that makes him the best fighter in the world. He would win vs anyone in the world- that makes him the best. Done.

This pound for pound nonsense isn't something that I care for at all.

I care about the effectiveness of a fighter and not how he achieves his results. Saying that a fighter like DJ is better than Miocic, then immediately acknowledging that Miocic would destroy him is foolish in my opinion.

I recognize that DJ has a lot of skill and talent but I'm not nearly as impressed with his victories as I was with, say, Randy couture over Tim Sylvia. Couture destroyed a much larger man. The weight difference in that fight was larger than the difference would be between DJ vs Jose Aldo for example. How would DJ do in that weight class?

Instead of having him compete there at featherweight , UFC added TWO more weight classes so DJ can compete at 125lbs. Yawn.

The further removed from HW, the less impressed I am.

This is the worst thread since Greedo shooting first.

After you subtract the promotional costs I'm guessing UFC 100 made more money than those 2 cards would've done.

{<huh}

Your math isn't adding up. They did significantly more promotion on 100 than either of those two cards.

Back