PBP UFC 226: Miocic vs. Cormier - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

You are not going to see different. That was a tko DC was over him he didnt move his body to defend anything. All the gnp landed, he was out. It's over and it wasn't egregious to me.
wasn't Stipe up and standing, arguing a few seconds later?

that's not even weird in MMA; at least a third of people who have that happen to them still win the fight. It was an insanely fast stoppage, suspiciously fast. LIke he was just waiting for an excuse to stop it in favor of DC.
You are dumb.

no it wasn't. I like Cormier and Stipe; I only wanted Stipe to win because DC is planning to retire. But it was a ridiculous stoppage. It was a knockdown not a fight ending strike.

There is no way Stipe was out; it's abusrd to say he was.
He was bouncing Stipe’s head on the canvas like a basketball, you think that should’ve continued?? You wanted Cormier to actually kill him?

No way was that a controversial stoppage! C'mon? Really?

tenor.gif

Okay. I just checked the last page of this.

People are actually saying it was a controversial stoppage?

Lol wtffff?

Wow! That was an entertaining fight while it lasted, Stipe was doing well but Cormier stepped up again. Great win for Cormier! Congratulations to him on winning the Heavyweight Championship!

I am happy for Daniel, was routing for him, but I feel salty about them eyepokes.

The credibility of the modern UFC HW division after tonight...

TornThankfulGenet-size_restricted.gif

The credibility of the modern UFC HW division after tonight...
Whilst it doesn’t look good for the HW division it can’t be understated that DC could possibly be the greatest natty fighter to ever have lived

Whilst it doesn’t look good for the HW division it can’t be understated that DC could possibly be the greatest natty fighter to ever have lived

Honestly though for a lot of that round I thought DC looked incredibly uncomfortable in there, it was really chin and Stipe's questionable defence that desided things IMHO.

Last edited:
Honestly though for a lot of that round I thought DC looked incredibly uncomfortable in their, it was really chin and Stipe's questionable defence that desided things IMHO.
You’re not wrong but stipe made one mistake and it was goodnight, just shows how little margin of error you can afford against dc.

Fell asleep before the main-card yesterday. Rewatched it now.

Holy fucking crap. DC is the man.

Yo, they praised him for sacrificing as a firefighter, risking his life as a champ of a professional organization. Five minutes later, he's a POS.

This is surreal.
This is why I dislike people. Like a person or shall I say athlete for what they do and how they are as a person. Yeah he lost but is he a POS naw he just had to take a sip from the GOAT chalice.

i passed out from the liquor like before i could represent Platinum Nation, but now that i read the outcomes, fucking god damn it nothing went as i expected:

Perry aparently had a good perfomance and won

2 of the most gigantic guys in HW didnt knock out one another

and fucking DC of all people KO's Stipe? shit

I'm so happy for Cormier!! well deserved. I also said Cormier will win on the feet, I knew it. He has very fast hands for a heavy guy.

I'm so happy for Cormier!! well deserved. I also said Cormier will win on the feet, I knew it. He has very fast hands for a heavy guy.

Good call SCOTT I thought Stipe would've done a better job of maintaining distance...

I bet on Stipe to win. And Honestly I couldn't have been happier with the fight. Had nothing but praise for DC whilst handing over the 100 bucks. Well fought

Good call SCOTT I thought Stipe would've done a better job of maintaining distance...
Because Cormier has a belly and looks unathletic people don't recognise how fast he is, he actually has really fast hands, he can throw combo's quick.

Back