PBP UFC 226: Miocic vs. Cormier - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Because Cormier has a belly and looks unathletic people don't recognise how fast he is, he actually has really fast hands, he can throw combo's quick.
I just love how easily he gets himself into the clinch, scuse me commin in!

Honestly though for a lot of that round I thought DC looked incredibly uncomfortable in there, it was really chin and Stipe's questionable defence that desided things IMHO.

DC doesn't look like he should win fights. I find him awkward and amazing at the same time.

z71.gif

Well done DC. What a champion.

Wasn't totally out of nowhere though, Stipe was ontop for the first 3 mins but Cormier was starting to land more before the finish.

Last edited:
You’re not wrong but stipe made one mistake and it was goodnight, just shows how little margin of error you can afford against dc.
I thought Stipes strategy, from what I saw, was poorly thought out. It was obvious what Cormier was going to do yet Stipe didn't seem to respect and adjust for it. He stepped into him throwing combinations instead of fighting at distance.

You mean that guy who got dominated by Jones twice?

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Neither fight was a domination. DC was up 2-1 going into Round 4 when he gassed in the first fight.

In the 2nd fight DC was boxing Jones up for 2 and a half rounds until he got caught with the head kick.

Lets not forget EYE POKES ARE VERRRRRY important

What Stipe got caught with from the clinch had nothing to do with eye pokes. Cormier exploited one of Stipe's bad habits, in a similar way to how Jones exploited Cormier's bad habit of leaning to the right.

Back