UFC 226

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by FarmerHenry, Jun 17, 2018.

1. OutRun

OutRun I'm giving you a night call to tell you how I feel

Don't forget the Vannata circlejerk, I'm the only one who thinks he's going to get killed by pressure pace and leg kicks so toss a dime on Klose and thank me later.

Ham Socks, DevilsPt2 and thewiggo like this.
  2. Wiktoruspro

Wiktoruspro Green Belt

Naah Im betting Felder

ChoKuRei and Ham Socks like this.
  3. Naught2Sixty

Naught2Sixty Purple Belt

Does Stylebenders performance last night give anyone some confidence in Dan Hooker's ability to stuff the TD?

Yotsuya likes this.
  4. Wiktoruspro

Wiktoruspro Green Belt

Not really but he should win this.

5. thewiggo

thewiggo White Belt

No, Tavares is not a great offensive takedown artist - Durinho is a thick 155er fighting a gangly Hooker... Durinho has so many techniques to employ that he doesnt even need a takedown to get a sub, can snag an assortment of leg/foot locks.

MT6ix likes this.
  6. mkess101

mkess101 85 or bust...

Omoplata. Book it.

edole likes this.
  7. TITS

TITS Black Beast Belt Platinum Member

Millender

blount1 and edole like this.
  8. Tony J

Tony J Blue Belt

Agreed. Very tricky.

I see value on DC as well.

With Whitmire, she only went back up to 125 for the show, where she got womanhandled, so I don't think she will be a gigantic force at 115. I really struggle to think of what she does well, and she doesn't seem athletic. Moyle, you can at least say she is a solid ground fighter, and Emily has losses on the ground..

greenmouse and edole like this.
  9. DevilsPt2

DevilsPt2 The OriginAl

I think Klose should be the favorite but I dont think Vannata bout to get killed lol. Sounds like Vannata wants to pace himself, he say cardio isnt the problem(lol), pace is. If thats the case then maybe he wont blowout Klose in rd1 to pace himself then still be gassed going into rd3.

10. Ham Socks

Ham Socks Professional Fighter

I am too, and by decision reluctantly. +334 is what I snagged it at.

11. danareem

danareem Blue Belt

Unibet has Miocic to finish via KO/TKO/sub +175, tiny bit better than most books

12. mkess101

mkess101 85 or bust...

Perry/Felder o1.5 at -172 has value for sure.

13. lifeisgood12345

lifeisgood12345 Blue Belt

If anybody is feeling FOMO for not betting Izzy last night, Gokhan Saki is like the same thing

--Both obviously talented kickboxers
    --Both saw adversity adjusting to MMA in early fight (Izzy = ground, Saki = cardio)
    --Both opened as solid faves and the market relentelessly bet them to tiny faves bc recent performance

Izzy more physical talented, but Saki is more proven. He held his own kickboxing vs prime Ubereem and regularly fought bigger dudes. And the big difference is that Izzy had a solid opponent whereas Saki is fighting a bum who has just as bad ground game and cardio as himself.

I don't get how anybody believes Rountree has anything close to a 50% chance here. It's going to be a standup fight and he is going to be significantly worse.

MT6ix and DevilsPt2 like this.
  14. DevilsPt2

DevilsPt2 The OriginAl

I ended up taking Saki at -130 and now every tme I thnk about ths fight I want to add more.

Mcgregorian and lifeisgood12345 like this.
  15. mkess101

mkess101 85 or bust...

Agree. I'm pretty big on Saki too and glad I waited. He should be -180 to -200 here.

MT6ix and lifeisgood12345 like this.
  16. Ryan Kelly

Ryan Kelly Yellow Belt

Haven’t been able to decide which side of this fight I like. Gonna tail you I think. Good luck! I’m also having a tough time picking Klose/Vanatta

17. mkess101

mkess101 85 or bust...

Chiesa's weight miss and him looking a bit bad has me a bit nervous. I still like him to win, but can't go big on Mike now. I'm 2u and wish it was 1 or 1.5. I'll live with it but he looked pretty drained yesterday.

I think value is on Klose at current odds. Fight is close to a pick 'em to me maybe VERY slightly favor Lando but Klose at +165 was worth 1u to me.

Ryan Kelly likes this.
  18. mkess101

mkess101 85 or bust...

For those who like Ngannou:

I'd look at his rd 2 prop at +500. I think slimmed down Francis may take his time a bit and not go all out to start. He's done it before and I think it's likely he's conscious of pace here after his last fight. Lewis doesn't generally go ballistic right away either.

Yeah more likely Francis finds the KO in rd 1 but I think rd 2 at +500 has WAY more value than rd 1 at -105.

thewiggo likes this.
  19. Karmello

Karmello Green Belt

Before his UFC debut Saki didn't fight for over 2 and a half years, now without the ringrust and hopefully with better cardio we could see a much better performance from Saki here. I just hope the injury and operation he had isn't going to play a factor.

I've seen Saki fight since I was a kid and he fought the best heavyweight kickboxers for over 10 years. He fought Bad Hari (multiple times), Spong, Peter Aerts, Overeem, Bonjasky, Schilt, Verhoeven and a lot more of the best heavyweights in the world.

If Saki is in shape and hasn't grown old overnight he's going to completely destroy Rountree here. Or Rountree magically needs to learn how to wrestle, because otherwise he's going night night.

Already got a total of 6 units on Saki's ML, KO and RD1 and I'm thinking about adding more.

20. Ryan Kelly

Ryan Kelly Yellow Belt

I know the line has moved some but Hall +335 strikes me as kind of an insane price

hawk77 likes this.