UFC 226

Chiesa/Pettis is a great fight imo. Think Showtime might be lighting up Mavs legs a bit since hes the much longer guy and striking exchanges most likely will be at kicking range. I see Mav being the one going for td's since he takes down like 90 something percent of his opponents. Mav is very heavy on top but does it really have a hierarchy of positions on top kinda preferring taking the back or looking for subs off his back. We've also seen Pettis is no slouch off his back as well and is good at reversing someone on his back even with a tight figure 4 on him. Don't really see Mav being able to break Pettis' confidence since hes not a big pressure threat or hard puncher (although he rocked Masvidal and Vick)

I'm very interested in props for this fight and possibly even the over depending where it's set at. Probably not adding anything new since this fight has likely been capped by everyone months ago lol.

Hooker has done well against fighters who really just want to trade standing. He outsmarted and frustrated both Diakiese and Pearson by alternating countering from range and vicious bursts of offence. Then again he used to lose against opponents with consistent takedowns (Knight, Blanco, Rodriquez). Burns used to be in that latter cathegory, but seems to be moving towards the first cathegory and Hooker has been developing and getting bigger too. Line seems pretty accurate. Or do they have wrestling heavy gameplanning too at Hooft’s camp? I can’t remember. Maybe Hooker can give just enough action on feet to keep Burns interested in a kickboxing match and win a easy dec or even get a late stoppage.

Hooker has done well against fighters who really just want to trade standing. He outsmarted and frustrated both Diakiese and Pearson by alternating countering from range and vicious bursts of offence. Then again he used to lose against opponents with consistent takedowns (Knight, Blanco, Rodriquez). Burns used to be in that latter cathegory, but seems to be moving towards the first cathegory and Hooker has been developing and getting bigger too. Line seems pretty accurate. Or do they have wrestling heavy gameplanning too at Hooft’s camp? I can’t remember. Maybe Hooker can give just enough action on feet to keep Burns interested in a kickboxing match and win a easy dec or even get a late stoppage.

burns has still been mixing in takedowns, he just hasn't had much success keeping his last few opponents down. he will definitely shoot on hooker (unless he's retarded).

burns has still been mixing in takedowns, he just hasn't had much success keeping his last few opponents down. he will definitely shoot on hooker (unless he's retarded).
Number of his takedown attempts has been steadily decreasing. He had pretty good ground control against Moret. His game has been moving towards trying to force opponents to shoot into subs. Also he was so proud of that ko last time, that it makes me think he could trust his standup too much.

Edit. Yeah, now that I think of it, he’ll probably have a very different approach than in his previous fights.

Man in watching tape I gotta say Max has become straight up masterful at mixing up the timing on his attacks. He never lets himself get complacent and predictable to where his opponent can get comfortable in how to counter. Which is SO key for a pressure fighter like him.

Kid is brilliant with his footwork, feints, etc.

Man in watching tape I gotta say Max has become straight up masterful at mixing up the timing on his attacks. He never lets himself get complacent and predictable to where his opponent can get comfortable in how to counter. Which is SO key for a pressure fighter like him.

I watched his demolition of lamas earlier today. He didn’t finish him but it was a one sided beatdown and the last 10 seconds were great when he points to the ground and they both just start throwing haymakers at each other.

Yep as evident in both his Aldo fights, the dude knows how to change the speeds of his attacks. He’s got 6 gears and he’s a lot faster than he lets on. He doesn’t make a lot of mistakes for opponents to capitalize on and in that Aldo fight he was just touch-n-go before the finishing sequence. High level stuff.

I can see Ortega being Max’s rival though he’s got something most fighters don’t have which is freedom to throw whatever he wants because of his BJJ. More time and experience could close that gap fast.

Who knows with this one, I gotta pick Max but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Is Ortega going to be able to take Max down? That's what I keep coming back to. I just dont see Ortega being able to beat Max on the feet, and I dont see him catching Max in a standing gullotine either. I just really think Ortega is going to have issues in the later rounds once Max really opens up.

Ortega has enjoyed a nice size and height advantage in his fights. Well hes about to fight the ultimate size advantage guy at 145. Hes going to be the smaller guy, and hes not going to be able to hurt Max. Remember Max ate Conor's best punches too. The guy cant be KOed. If Ortega stops Max then the guy will stop anyone.

Is Ortega going to be able to take Max down? That's what I keep coming back to. I just dont see Ortega being able to beat Max on the feet, and I dont see him catching Max in a standing gullotine either. I just really think Ortega is going to have issues in the later rounds once Max really opens up.

Ortega has enjoyed a nice size and height advantage in his fights. Well hes about to fight the ultimate size advantage guy at 145. Hes going to be the smaller guy, and hes not going to be able to hurt Max. Remember Max ate Conor's best punches too. The guy cant be KOed. If Ortega stops Max then the guy will stop anyone.

Ortega is a bit of an enigma to me. I haven’t really figured him out yet in the same way I still haven’t figured out who Yoel Romero is. Dude came out showed new wrinkles to his game coming out orthodox the entire damn fight.

I wanna say Ortega is not gonna get Max down but I don’t wanna doubt him. I compared him to Yoel in sense that they’re both unpredictable. Between the two of them they’ve probably got the most 3rd round finishes in the UFC. They just make shit happen.

With that said, I’m on Max but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t afraid of this bet. I’ll have some sort of pseudo hedge on Ortega maybe his NSC. Not too much though, I’ve been fascinated with Holloway’s game since he debuted against Poirier and his 2nd fight against Pat something.

EDIt: how could I forget that Max is also a 3rd finishing beast. The only difference is though, Max has a process of how he does it. He breaks you down, whereas the other two guys I’m not sure how they do it. It’s like they just hit the switch and go terminator mode.

Last edited:
Ortega is a bit of an enigma to me. I haven’t really figured him out yet in the same way I still haven’t figured out who Yoel Romero is. Dude came out showed new wrinkles to his game coming out orthodox the entire damn fight.

I wanna say Ortega is not gonna get Max down but I don’t wanna doubt him. I compared him to Yoel in sense that they’re both unpredictable. Between the two of them they’ve probably got the most 3rd round finishes in the UFC. They just make shit happen.

With that said, I’m on Max but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t afraid of this bet. I’ll have some sort of pseudo hedge on Ortega maybe his NSC. Not too much though, I’ve been fascinated with Holloway’s game since he debuted against Poirier and his 2nd fight against Pat something.

EDIt: how could I forget that Max is also a 3rd finishing beast. The only difference is though, Max has a process of how he does it. He breaks you down, whereas the other two guys I’m not sure how they do it. It’s like they just hit the switch and go terminator mode.

Ortega will break Holloway down mentally and get the win either by sub or by strikes. Ortega is going to be coming forward with pressure and Holloway is too dumb to fight the kind of pussy fight he needs to fight to win. Holloway will fight fire with fire too much and get caught with something. Ortegas toughness is being underrated here. He's just tougher and smarter than Holloway.

UFC 226 is absolutely STACKED. However, what is this Emily Whitmire vs Jamie Moyle fight all about?

Should I know who they are?
Anyone have a brief scouting report on this one?

Ortega will break Holloway down mentally and get the win either by sub or by strikes. Ortega is going to be coming forward with pressure and Holloway is too dumb to fight the kind of pussy fight he needs to fight to win. Holloway will fight fire with fire too much and get caught with something. Ortegas toughness is being underrated here. He's just tougher and smarter than Holloway.
dude you're really bad at this

UFC 226 is absolutely STACKED. However, what is this Emily Whitmire vs Jamie Moyle fight all about?

Should I know who they are?
Anyone have a brief scouting report on this one?
jRG4z1w.png

pmkzK6y.png

Lol yea because max gets caught all the time.
Aldo landed some massive shots on Holloway tbh. Didn't stop him, but Holloway doesn't have air tight defense when flurrying. Really leans on his chin and xcardi.

Dude. Be honest. Are u saying all this in hopes of getting a better price on Max?

Back