PBP UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

giphy.gif

t7peu9v.gif
Since becoming champ Rose seems much looser...

Ok buddy, Dom made TJ miss 300 times in that fight. That isn't hyperbole, TJ missed Dom 300 times.

Who cares how much he missed?

You don't win a fight by making people miss...

Unless you make them miss and they get tired and then you finish them, then it doesn't mean shit.

TJ could've missed 1 million punches and it wouldn't mean shit, because he still landed more effective shots than Cruz did.

Ok buddy, Dom made TJ miss 300 times in that fight. That isn't hyperbole, TJ missed Dom 300 times.

Who cares how much he missed?

You don't win a fight by making people miss...

Unless you make them miss and they get tired and you finish them, or you keep countering their misses and outpoint them to a decision, it doesn't mean shit.

TJ could have missed 1 million punches and it wouldn't matter.

Because the shots that did land, were much more effective than the shots Cruz landed.

Well you're new around here, so I get how you feel that way. But I'd watch the fight again or at least highlights. You could easily say all DJ did was throw kicks trying to keep distance... when you've seen the evolution slowly play out since UFC 1, and even some of the Pride stuff once you remove the freakshow bouts, you'll see Henry did nothing but exploit DJs weaknesses same as Hughes/Gracie or Williams/Coleman
New around here in the sense that I didn't sign up until 2015. I've been visiting this site for the better part of 15 years. UFC 1 was my first exposure to MMA, though not until about 1998, and I was much more of a Pride guy than UFC.

Anyway, I don't dispute that the fight was close or that Cejudo exploited a weakness. I think DJ won, but it wasn't an egregious decision. However, what Cejudo did was lay and pray. He was a bigger, stronger, better wrestler lying on top of DJ and holding him there because he had no other real avenue of beating him. When he tried to advance position, DJ bolted. I would have to rewatch, but I recall Cejudo barely throwing strikes and offering no attempt at submissions. He held DJ down, for a cumulative three minutes, and won based on control at the end of rounds.

The UFC needs to hop on the Dillasnake war wagon in full force, hes exciting and shows no fear. Gets hurt in the pocket, he stays in there swinging, such a great fighter to lure in viewers.

I see McGregor and Lesnar getting the spotlight from the ufc on their social media and all, throw some of that to TJ from now on.

t7peu9v.gif
Since becoming champ Rose seems much looser...
I prefer Terminator Rose.

She is out there! She can't be bargained with. She can't be reasoned with. She doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And She absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!

Just watched the fight and TJ kisses his mom on the cheek and kisses his dad on the lips, weird American customs!

Henry won't be allowed move up
He'll have to give mighty mouse his rematch

But fair play to stepping up and doing what mm refused to do.

I think we can safely say that DJ beat midget cans and he knew he hadn't a hope against anyone bigger

ps: TJ's mom and wife look eerily similar

Not if he keeps fighting like this.

His division is full of killers.

Moraes, Rivera, Lineker... All these guys will shut your lights out.
Moraes.. but not Rivera or Lineker. There are others in the division who are much better then those two overrated fighters.

As to your other "point", he has only lost to the same guy twice. Yet, I clearly stated what he does wrong in my post that you replied to.

DJ won that comfortably. This is MMA not wrestling. You don't win by getting dominated all fight but getting a few takedowns where you do 0 damage.

Wrestling is a part of it.

In my opinion, TJ Dillashaw is the most exciting fighter currently fighting. He always brings it and his two fights with Cody were my favourite fights in recent history for sure. The UFC needs to market him more

Back