UFC 227 Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II

I just think DJs pace for 5 rounds will break him eventually. He's a much faster and better striker and will be mixing grappling and striking throughout. Sort of expecting to see Cejudo put on his back for the first time too. When that happened to Sara McMann she looked completely lost and got easily subbed.
correct! I forgot DJ sick pace, Cejudo likely panic wrestle at some pts, it is impossible for Cejudo to abandon his wrestling & that will be his demise.

I just think DJs pace for 5 rounds will break him eventually. He's a much faster and better striker and will be mixing grappling and striking throughout. Sort of expecting to see Cejudo put on his back for the first time too. When that happened to Sara McMann she looked completely lost and got easily subbed.

I think this is the fight where DJ really gets tested. Cejudo is SO much better with his range and timing than he was even 2 years ago. Pettis kicking game gave Henry some issues, but DJ doesn't throw a lot of kicks generally. Elliot controlled DJ on the mat and even had a choke pretty deep, then just gassed badly about midway through rd 2.

Don't get me wrong, my pick is still DJ to win. He's earned it, he's one of the GOAT's and is still in his physical prime. I expect him to pass this test. I just have a feeling that this time it's going to be very competitive and that Henry is going to have his moments. In the end, I think the speed (as you mentioned) is the differentiator for DJ. There's no way to replicate it in training, he's just faster than anyone out there. But I'm not confident at all that he finishes Henry tonight, and with the improvements that Henry has made, I wouldn't be totally floored if he pulled the upset.

I think this is the fight where DJ really gets tested. Cejudo is SO much better with his range and timing than he was even 2 years ago. Pettis kicking game gave Henry some issues, but DJ doesn't throw a lot of kicks generally. Elliot controlled DJ on the mat and even had a choke pretty deep, then just gassed badly about midway through rd 2.

Don't get me wrong, my pick is still DJ to win. He's earned it, he's one of the GOAT's and is still in his physical prime. I expect him to pass this test. I just have a feeling that this time it's going to be very competitive and that Henry is going to have his moments. In the end, I think the speed (as you mentioned) is the differentiator for DJ. There's no way to replicate it in training, he's just faster than anyone out there. But I'm not confident at all that he finishes Henry tonight, and with the improvements that Henry has made, I wouldn't be totally floored if he pulled the upset.
Is there a big upset at 125 lbs before? I though 125 lbs is so boring because there is no surprise. I known wmma do have big upset 115 lbs but don't recall DJ division having big upset.

Zhang is an absolute lock over Taylor. Taylor's only chance is a ko. Good luck with a ko at women's straw weight. Zhang has volume, handspeed, cardio, td, scramble advantage. She also has a big finishing advantage.

It is rare you get an advantage in every single area in mixed martial arts and a line under -300. 5 units on Zhang for me.
Yes sir. 6.25 units for me. The only thing that concerns me is how Zhang will look under USADA. However, I imagine her team has a work around like most competent teams.

I agree with your points and expect Cejudo to push DJ. I just think that kind of high paced fight where DJ is always looking for a finish will ultimately lead to Cejudo getting stopped either by DJ exploiting an opening or as Cejudo slows. I'm certainly not expecting an early finish like last time. The Elliot fight is a slight concern though I rate his BJJ higher than Cejudos especially in scrambles and the way DJ dealt with it gives me confidence.
I'm mainly expecting either a sub late after DJ puts Cejudo on his back like what happened to McMann or a high kick KO. Cejudo drops his lead hand and I noticed DJ throwing it a lot in sparring footage of him for this camp so it seems like an opening he's looking to exploit although I could be wrong on that.

Is there a big upset at 125 lbs before? I though 125 lbs is so boring because there is no surprise. I known wmma do have big upset 115 lbs but don't recall DJ division having big upset.

Well, DJ has pretty much ruled the division since it's inception and there honestly haven't really been any "big" fights without him in them. So...no I guess in this division there haven't been. But I think eventually everyone loses in this sport, regardless of division. It's just not a sport made for guys to go a lot of years without losing. Which makes DJ truly special. And the best thing about him is that he got to the top, and continued to improve. I'm not saying tonight is the night, but Henry is the 2nd best 125 lb guy on the planet now imo and it wouldn't totally shock me if he pulled it off here.

Yes sir. 6.25 units for me. The only thing that concerns me is how Zhang will look under USADA. However, I imagine her team has a work around like most competent teams.

WMMA is so weird, but man there is just NOTHING on tape showing that Taylor has a decent chance to win this fight. Unless we something totally different from one of them, Zhang should run through her.

I agree with your points and expect Cejudo to push DJ. I just think that kind of high paced fight where DJ is always looking for a finish will ultimately lead to Cejudo getting stopped either by DJ exploiting an opening or as Cejudo slows. I'm certainly not expecting an early finish like last time. The Elliot fight is a slight concern though I rate his BJJ higher than Cejudos especially in scrambles and the way DJ dealt with it gives me confidence.
I'm mainly expecting either a sub late after DJ puts Cejudo on his back like what happened to McMann or a high kick KO. Cejudo drops his lead hand and I noticed DJ throwing it a lot in sparring footage of him for this camp so it seems like an opening he's looking to exploit although I could be wrong on that.

Well, you actually make a very good point about DJ adjusting his gameplan. In addition to what he brings physically (unmatched speed, brilliant scrambling, crisp striking) he and Hume are brilliant tactitions. If what you say is true about Henry dropping his lead hand, for sure DJ will know about it and look to exploit it.

WMMA is so weird, but man there is just NOTHING on tape showing that Taylor has a decent chance to win this fight. Unless we something totally different from one of them, Zhang should run through her.

It’s not even like she has potential in theory. She is a one dimensional striker with short arms and mediocre athleticism who runs away every fight.

Tape study on Daniel Taylor shows that she should have lost prettty much all her ufc fights and have been cut already. Having said that, this matchup could be tailor made for her if Zhang cant score a 1rd ko and gasses going for it. First fight Ufc jitters and all.

Just off the top of my head:

Benoit vs. Pettis
Moraga vs. Bibulatov
Sasaki vs. Scoggins
Moreno vs. Smolka

Ironically DJ vs. Benavidez 1 was a pretty big upset at the time.

I probably missed it, did anyone dig deep on Perez vs Shorty? I'm too degen to pass most likely, but don't have a great read on it. I remember Torres I think from some of his AXS TV fights? Seemed like a gamer who didn't slow down. He got pretty lucky that Monkey God KO'd himself though. Not sure how to play this one...

Just off the top of my head:

Benoit vs. Pettis
Moraga vs. Bibulatov
Sasaki vs. Scoggins
Moreno vs. Smolka

Ironically DJ vs. Benavidez 1 was a pretty big upset at the time.
Wow, you have awesome memory, that is very useful in life & mma betting.

I probably missed it, did anyone dig deep on Perez vs Shorty? I'm too degen to pass most likely, but don't have a great read on it. I remember Torres I think from some of his AXS TV fights? Seemed like a gamer who didn't slow down. He got pretty lucky that Monkey God KO'd himself though. Not sure how to play this one...
wut?? This 2 likely the future top 10 or even #1 contender, this is the most exciting fight for me. I got lot riding on shorty but decide to hedge at a lost to minimize the risk since everyone is so high on Perez.

Both fighter move forward in their respective fights, it excite me just to see who is 1st to move backward in this match up never mind who wins this fight. I don't need Dana White to tell me which fight is exciting, this is an very exciting fight. A person with a perfect record of 16-0 (include amateur) is underdog at +130 ....that's crazy!!! Shorty also is a 2 weight division Titan champ. I might regret hedging out all my potential profit.

Last edited:
Did 5dimes cancel the -5.5 Johnson at +120? I thought the odds were flipped. Did not make any sense that the -5.5 was a better price than ITD. It is currently -205.
Nice of 5dimes, better to cancel now than after you win it.

I have 3.5 units on Torres Scorecards = No Action @ -105. And a tiny play on Torres Sub @ +760. If Perez wins it will most likely be via decision. However, Torres can win via Dec or ITD. Torres looked absolutely horrible vs Brooks. If he fights like that vs Perez he will lose. But, I believe he will be back to his old self with this fight not being as short notice as the last one. To be honest I would take a pass on this match if I were you. The Torres Scorecards = No Action is no longer at -105 & Perez decision is no longer at +202.

Back