UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis (Nov 3, 2018)

I wanna refute your post but you sound like a real trained fighter. To my untrained eyes, that was luck. I think it shoulda went to a decision and romero shoulda won by a majority decision.pl
I think it might be more appropriate to address it in terms of repeatability rather than luckiness. He’s done it several times to very high level opponents while fighting in short bursts amid stretches of less activity. Therefore even though it kind of looks “lucky,” I’d say it’s far from that, and is a repeatable tool for him.

Jumping in the Rockhold vs Weidman discussion.

@MMAOracle @Wiktoruspro @Naught2Sixty @raketmannen @theTKDguy

Im the biggest Chris Weidman hater in all Sherdog.. no exaggeration. Said that I do favor him more than Rockhold.

Weidman found himself to be competitive in all of his loses except maybe against Mousasi where he won round 1 but did not damage at all. In fact I dont think Weidman has ever lost a 1rst round in his whole career and that is huge in a 3 rounds fight. Maybe against Gastelum because he got dropped?
Despite being KOed/TKOed 3 times in a row Chris is a though motherfucker. Much more than Rochkold who was finished by Bisping, hurt by Branch and killed by Romero in his last 3.

Also think Luke is on the decline.

Both guys are 34 but Rockhold striking style consists in reflexes and speed. His whole boxing arsenal is landing that left hook when opponents are coming in. His hands down defense is beyond awful.
He has a great kicking game but that did not seem to affect Weidman in the first fight (took some to the body but blocked every single highkick).

In the striking, Rockhold looked lost against Romero, bad against Branch and sloppy against Bisping.
On the other hand Weidman landed a good amount of shots on Kelvin (Im going to look the fight again but he even had Gastelum stunned at some point) and was competitive against Mousasi until he gassed and quit.

Going back to the first fight (rewatched yesterday) Weidman took round 1 fairly easy. Rockhold won round number 2 and by the third both were pretty gassed (I think Luke was worst) and momentum switched when Weidman threw that spinning kick that got taken down. I honestly thought that was Weidman fight up to that point.
Im not the one who makes excuses (specially for Weidman) but up until gotten taken down for a horrible mistake (the kick) he was (IMO) on his way to win the fight.

That spinning kick is relevant because I dont think Rockhold has the wrestling to take Weidman down in an orthodox way. I think if Weidman avoids the brainfarts on this one he can keep it vertical.

On the ground is a wrap. While Weidman is a really good wrestler and has good BJJ I think Rockhold is miles above him.

With all this said I favor Weidman by a small margin... maybe 60/40. So took him at +128 and Im happy with that.

Going back to the first fight (rewatched yesterday) Weidman took round 1 fairly easy.
2 of the 3 judges awarded Rockhold the first round, I thought it was very close, Rockhold came on strong in the end of the round.

I'm not a big fan of Cruz. Indifferent with DC but I like Felder when he's on, Hardy/Gooden is a good combo too

Wish Stann hadn't left. He was great
yeah stann was good , put the work in. hardy an gooden do there homework too. wish they did there previews every week or for more fights. love felders honesty in there. cruz is good for explaining whats happening rather than entertainment i guess. cruz n rogan just dosnt work.

cummings gonna get many takedowns in a win? capping for dk. looking at the stats he should be able 2. just starting tape now

thinking value on cummins. i dont think he gets subbed or ko 80% here

Not much love for Rockhold.

On a different note, how do I get sufficient privilege to post here?
(You have insufficient privileges to post here.) <-- this is what it says

thinking value on cummins. i dont think he gets subbed or ko 80% here
I agree on Cummins, but he's not on this card.
Not much love for Rockhold.

On a different note, how do I get sufficient privilege to post here?
(You have insufficient privileges to post here.) <-- this is what it says
Rockhold's last good performance was against Weidman, and a lot of people agree with the whole 'Weidman was probably going to win until he threw the world's dumbest spinning kick' thoughts about it. Also I feel like the holes in Rockhold's game have been fairly consistently demonstrated by this point, whilst Weidman's honestly not looked terrible in his losses.

and a lot of people agree with the whole 'Weidman was probably going to win until he threw the world's dumbest spinning kick' thoughts about it.

What fight were these people watching? Certainly not the one where Rockhold was neutralizing Weidman's wrestling and beating him on the feet for almost 3 rounds prior to that kick. It was not one-sided domination, no, as Weidman had some success with his kicks, but I had Rockhold up 3 rounds to 0 before that spin kick.

What fight were these people watching? Certainly not the one where Rockhold was neutralizing Weidman's wrestling and beating him on the feet for almost 3 rounds prior to that kick. It was not one-sided domination, no, as Weidman had some success with his kicks, but I had Rockhold up 3 rounds to 0 before that spin kick.
@Gugabe is right, Weidman would win this fight if not this fuckin spin kick. Even Rockhold admited in a interview he was gassing because of this staff infection or something like that. I watched the fight about 3 times and Chris started to find succes in the later fight, minimal but anyway.

@Gugabe is right, Weidman would win this fight if not this fuckin spin kick. Even Rockhold admited in a interview he was gassing because of this staff infection or something like that. I watched the fight about 3 times and Chris started to find succes in the later fight, minimal but anyway.

And Weidman was also gassing because of an injury/infection. So what? I don't know how someone can watch a fighter lose 3 rounds, have his main weapon completely nullified, and then conclude "Yep, Weidman totally would have come back and won the fight if he didn't get savagely beaten by one of Rockhold's biggest weapons!"

And Weidman was also gassing because of an injury/infection. So what? I don't know how someone can watch a fighter lose 3 rounds, have his main weapon completely nullified, and then conclude "Yep, Weidman totally would have come back and won the fight if he didn't get savagely beaten by one of Rockhold's biggest weapons!"
Rockhold lost round 1, won round 2 and was gassing against the fence when Weidman decided to throw a terrible spinning kick for no apparent reason. I swear people give Rockhold a ton of points in R1 for holding a non-threatening guillotine in bottom side control, which makes no sense if you have any grappling knowledge or experience whatsoever. Rockhold's weapons looked good in R2, but the fight looked like it was on its way to a 49-46 Weidman dec when it stopped.

Rockhold lost round 1, won round 2 and was gassing against the fence when Weidman decided to throw a terrible spinning kick for no apparent reason. I swear people give Rockhold a ton of points in R1 for holding a non-threatening guillotine in bottom side control, which makes no sense if you have any grappling knowledge or experience whatsoever. Rockhold's weapons looked good in R2, but the fight looked like it was on its way to a 49-46 Weidman dec when it stopped.
Lol this is getting silly now, Rockhold won the first two rounds on 2 of the judges scorecards, and obviously Weidmann was also gassing or else you don't give up mount that easily in round 3. The love for Weidmann is always pretty ridiculous, how the hell did he look good against Romero or Mousassi?

Lol than bet Rockhold if you think he was winning. Im happy betting Weidman

yeah i will, I expect a close fight though

I'm considering betting on either Lewis or Brunson. Does anyone have an opinion on which is the better underdog for me to put some money on? How much of a puncher's chance do you think Lewis has? Is Adesanya definitely the real deal? Can Brunson either catch a brawling KO, or maybe implements a wrestling strategy for the decision win? I feel like there's some value in taking a chance with 1 of those dogs, but someone help me decide which 1...

I'm backing Brunson here. I think it's a bad matchup for Israel. IF Brunson comes out and pressure's Israel we may see him crumble. I really like him as a fighter but nobody has played it at their pace. They have allowed him to win on his timing and pace of the fight to which he is another level to most. Brunson can win this fight if he plays it right. Dog of the night bet for me.

Great card btw for betting imo:

Cormier Rd 2
Rockhold
Branch
Eubanks
Frevola
Burgos KO

I'm backing Brunson here. I think it's a bad matchup for Israel. IF Brunson comes out and pressure's Israel we may see him crumble. I really like him as a fighter but nobody has played it at their pace. They have allowed him to win on his timing and pace of the fight to which he is another level to most. Brunson can win this fight if he plays it right. Dog of the night bet for me.

Great card btw for betting imo:

Cormier Rd 2
Rockhold
Branch
Eubanks
Frevola
Burgos KO
I think that’s truly wishful thinking regarding Israel crumbling if a far inferior striker recklessly opens up too much for him.

Back