UFC 230 tickets go onsale next week. Does the UFC announce its headliner tomorrow?

2021 iS SoON

yup it sure is.

i know u one of the leaders of jon jones Is a perfect person and a saint of a man fan club. so there nothing that can be said about jon that can get you to see the facts are he a cheater not the victim.

People in this thread really think Shevchenko is going to headline MSG? Lol wth

I think it would be a bad look to suspend Jon Jones a year than right away announce him as main event. Maybe announce the suspension now than announce the main event in a few days I could see.

you mean when ufc 214 happened

stipe already booked vs Curtis blaydes as a main event of a fight night card

Blaydes is booked vs Ngannou. Curtis had been trying to inveigle Stipe but Stipe didn't bite.

I don't, but what is your prediciton.

Putting the JBJ stuff aside, think the only real logical one is Woodley vs Colby. Woodley said he could do it at the post fight press conference, just a matter of $ and getting the fight signed. I know they’re all for WMMA, but I really doubt they’ll put Joanna vs Valentina as the headliner when most casuals have no clue who Valentina is honestly.

She’s had some wins, some losses and isn’t out there with the hype (rightfully so) of someone like Cyborg or beating everyone in 30 seconds like Ronda was. She’s an extremely talented fighter, just very unknown I think. I mean nobody I know knew her or Nicco for 228.

To be fair, I’m rooting for the JBJ stuff to be true. Would love to see him vs Gus run it back

@Pakman agree that Woodley vs Colby is the most likely but Rogen acted like they had a main event he was excited about before it was determined Woodley would win in a fashion allowing for that short of a turnaround.

@Pakman agree that Woodley vs Colby is the most likely but Rogen acted like they had a main event he was excited about before it was determined Woodley would win in a fashion allowing for that short of a turnaround.

come on joe always acts like he knows the inside stuff but doesnt

here another reason why the jon jones stuff is all fakes news.

jon jones said he will never again fight on short notice after how the osp fight. he said he went against his coached advice and the perfornace proved them right.

Rumblings inside the UFC is it's going to be Bryan Callen vs CM Punk.

Gotta be Tyron v Colby

Belt on the line, animosity between both fighters, and it's also BLM vs MAGA lol

Hope it’s Jones but that obviously seems unlikely.

Colby drew shit numbers his last title fight so they may not like a fight with Woodley as the main of event of one of the biggest shows of the year. I would be satisfied with this though.

Who else is there? Is Holloway fighting yet? How is his brain?

No idea who it’ll be. Very interesting.

Gotta be Tyron v Colby

Belt on the line, animosity between both fighters, and it's also BLM vs MAGA lol

So they had no main event in the works before last Saturday? They couldn’t have been planning for this because what if Woodley got injured in the fight or something? Or what if it had been an incredibly boring 5 round fight and Woodleys stock dropped even further than it was?

I’d be surprised if Woodley took this fight too. 8 weeks is a short turnaround for a fight, especially for a champ. Colby just turned down a 12 week turnaround. And Woodleys thumb is injured. He’s going to want $$$$ and the UFC ain’t gonna pay it because he won’t sell enough ppv to make that margin back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back