UFC 231 PBP/Discussion

I want to see shev and nunes run it back again. Would like to see her against cyborg as well but there is a big weight difference there.

Max vs ferg, khabib or Conor. All great fights to make

Holloway owned and I put my money where my mouth was. Ortega is a great fighter but is just one in a long line of hype trains.
Lately champions are feasting on hype trains. DC on Volcan, TWood on Till, Khabib on Conor... betting against hype trains not so bad...

Thinking (after the fight ended) was I right to blab about not betting on that main event or not? What I'll say is - yes and no. Look, after Max won it's easy to say his odds were stupid, even when Ortega was fighting his best he was far from the win.

This shit is close to what JDS v Tai was. More or less overmatched opponent and we got nice odds on the proven commodity. BUT WE KNOW TAI IS GOING TO FIGHT UNTIL HE IS DEAD, THE SAME WITH ORTEGA. Much rather bet against decent opponent who is going to fight safe and lose at his best 2-1 decision (3-2 if 5 rounds), than on bad opponent who is gonna fight to the last drop of blood.

I have to agree that you people that were betting thousands on Holloway had good arguments, but it's just not my cup of tea to bet against limited fighters, but so dangerous fighters. And I don't even count the medical issues.

You are wrong, plain and simple. Max was a steal at those odds and he proved it.

Ok, jeezus man stop replying me, I understood your point, fellas

You are wrong, plain and simple. Max was a steal at those odds and he proved it.

Nah man...he's right. After Ortega starched Frankie anything could have happened in this fight and Ortega proved it. Ortega is very big and long for the division....hes also a gangster and will get better the more he gets hit

If Max made one wrong move Ortega would have capitalized but Max was flawless this night

that may have been my best night this year, +20u and exceptionally drunk. btw for those wondering i'm gonna try and get my women's mma t-shirt sorted soon.

Lately champions are feasting on hype trains. DC on Volcan, TWood on Till, Khabib on Conor... betting against hype trains not so bad...

Wasn’t Khabib a major favorite to beat Conor?

Feeling blessed myself. Max ML and round 4 pulled my ass out of the fire. Damn that was a beat down. Ortega was a tough motherfucker but not sure how he is going to be moving forward.

The way he won that fight in ALL ASPECTS - ground and standing up, think he was a steal at moderate fav odds. Any other challenger to Khabib would've been much bigger underdog and will make Khabib unplayable. But Conor has fans.

I think I know what it is - I've burned myself so bad from that Moicano loss (1000$), that went so far the other way I thought Ortega really can win any fight and it's just not wise to bet against him. I get that whoever didn't bet should not talk, but it's not like it's written somewhere (is it?). A lot of you guys talk about fights that you didn't put any cash on. I won't talk much more on this fight, tho.

Let see if Iaquinta can win his fight with Lee - wasn't he a major underdog there? :)

I still nailed this prediction down that Max would get a TKO 4th finish thank goodness. That was great. I wont forgive that Canadian fighter for losing to Lima.

Almost 11U profit. Another hype train derailed and Eye didn't let me down either.

Feeling blessed myself. Max ML and round 4 pulled my ass out of the fire. Damn that was a beat down. Ortega was a tough motherfucker but not sure how he is going to be moving forward.
I want Stephens - Ortega and I want Stephens KO @ +400

If you bet on Holloway and won money, congrats.

But this hindsight bias bullshit of "Haha, Holloway was way better and if you bet on Ortega or didn't bet at all you're a fucking idiot and your analysis sucks" is childish, stupid, and has no place in this subforum. It's almost as bad as that guy who was hyping up Ortega, promised he would be here to taunt the Holloway bettors, and then tried to delete his account instead of eating crow and accepting the shit talk.

Ortega's chin honestly better than I anticipated. But I still stand by that he's on a fastboat out of the top 10.
I dunno man. Skill wise he defin belongs in the top 10 but I think this fight prolly fundamentally changed him. I think Ortega is going to lose his next fight.

I dunno man. Skill wise he defin belongs in the top 10 but I think this fight prolly fundamentally changed him. I think Ortega is going to lose his next fight.
He needs to stop blocking strikes with his face. I'd take every other member of the top 7 against him H2H @ evens, along with Lamas & Emmett.

He needs to stop blocking strikes with his face. I'd take every other member of the top 7 against him H2H @ evens, along with Lamas & Emmett.

Stephens took Emmett's Soul. Is he even looking for a fight now?

Back