UFC 231 PBP/Discussion

Stephens took Emmett's Soul. Is he even looking for a fight now?
He had a difficult facial fracture from his last fight that needed surgery. He hits hard af though with a good wrestling background. Guys like Ortega that rely on their chin like that don't last long, top guys hit too hard and too often for that.

He had a difficult facial fracture from his last fight that needed surgery. He hits hard af though with a good wrestling background. Guys like Ortega that rely on their chin like that don't last long, top guys hit too hard and too often for that.

I know but that didn't answer my question

If you bet on Holloway and won money, congrats.

But this hindsight bias bullshit of "Haha, Holloway was way better and if you bet on Ortega or didn't bet at all you're a fucking idiot and your analysis sucks" is childish, stupid, and has no place in this subforum. It's almost as bad as that guy who was hyping up Ortega, promised he would be here to taunt the Holloway bettors, and then tried to delete his account instead of eating crow and accepting the shit talk.
Not really the Ortega hype was honestly ridiculous, maybe a little justified earlier on when Max had health issues but all this week he seemed fine and people kept up the pseudo-science nonsense regardless. It's not like it was some tough stylistic match up to figure out or that something unusual happened, it played out pretty much in the most likely scenario tbh.

Don’t know how you can argue that Ortega was the right side at - odds when he lost and was behind the whole fight.

You asked if he was looking for a fight which evidently he's not if he has a broken face. How is that not answering your question?

You are a post behind. I said yes that was my point in my previous message. Don't make it so complicated.

Don’t know how you can argue that Ortega was the right side at - odds when he lost and was behind the whole fight.
Dude's a winner and has gotten finishes and is confident and improves a lot.

Dude's a winner and has gotten finishes and is confident and improves a lot.

Max is a winner too. Ortega didn’t fight Dustin when he was 20, Conor when he was 21.

Max is a winner too. Ortega didn’t fight Dustin when he was 20, Conor when he was 21.
I had like 8u on Holloway + props. I'm being sarcastic about how people justified a shitpick.

Look at this pathetic bitch.He is trying to delete his account right now
eIgJbG1.png
Sherdog is a dark brutal place :)

Best night in Long time:
Won 6 u on Holloway
3.2 u on Holloway-5 1/2
Lost 1.5 u on Joanna
Won .5 u on Gunner
Won .5 u on under 1 1/2 Santos
Lost .5 u o Santos round 1
Lost .6 u on Gadelha by Dec
Won .8 on Burns
Lost 1.4 u on Chookagian live bet after 1
Won 2 u on Chookagian v eye goes distance
Won 1.2 u on Theodorou

Total: +10.2 u - almost all of which was Holloway, which I thought was one of best lines of the year
Happy betting fellas!

5 or 6u up last night

Good lord the ortega hypetrain was hilarious. Big win on max ko/tko

Congrats to everyone who won...which is a lot of you. I only bet on Chook and JJ and they cost me. I knew they were risky so I'm not too surprised by that but I now realize that Chook, despite having a great gym/team behind her, isn't very good and really needs to work on her power and strength. She looked like a girl shadow boxing in there. I have always liked WMMA but I'm getting tired of boring and bad technique fights going to decisions.

Come on bro. Stop that shit. You dont kick a man he is down. This guy lost a third of his br. Be nice. Plus, ya got yer money from him in a way. Ur continued success is contingent on his dumbass picks. You should thank him.

But this hindsight bias bullshit of "Haha, Holloway was way better and if you bet on Ortega or didn't bet at all you're a fucking idiot and your analysis sucks" is childish, stupid, and has no place in this subforum. It's almost as bad as that guy who was hyping up Ortega, promised he would be here to taunt the Holloway bettors, and then tried to delete his account instead of eating crow and accepting the shit talk.

One decent kid amongst 29 pages of the ghost of ''Budden'' sad state to see what the fuck you've managed to turn this forum section into and i totally get why almost every single one who built it have left.

I agree taunting is a cunt move, but this isn’t a situation where it could have gone either way. That fight was an absolute beatdown. There were a few here that were expecting that outcome without the benefit of hindsight. They deserve props. What a bunch of heroes!

Back