UFC 284:Mahkachev vs Volkanovski

What does a path to victory for Elise Reed look like?

Loma seems to be appreciably better everywhere I am surprised the betting line is still so close.

-300 isn’t a close line …. It’s Wmma …. It shouldn’t be any further apart imo ….. I have lots on Loma , but she’s had mental health issues before - so she shouldn’t be any bigger of a favorite then she already is

I am liking the narrative for Francisco Prado, although being 20 in the UFC/MMA is still a bit young, has much more to improve into his game.
I dont like a lot of underdogs this week.

id stay clear of that 1.

it took him 3 rounds 11 mins to beat a low level can

Mauricio Ariel "La Furia" Pare MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

jaime has too much exp vs gamed fighters. i dont think Prado could go 3 rounds with Brad Riddell and actually do any damage.

save your coin, and just see how he does.

-300 isn’t a close line …. It’s Wmma …. It shouldn’t be any further apart imo ….. I have lots on Loma , but she’s had mental health issues before - so she shouldn’t be any bigger of a favorite then she already is
Reed is terrible but you're right. There's no way I'm laying that kind of price in WMMA with Loma who is very inconsistent.

Smith is a glass cannon, Worthy has one of the worst chins in MMA history and I thought Mullarkey lost pretty clearly vs. Johnson. I dont know a ton about Prado, but Mullarkey is not someone who has ever impressed me enough to be a -290 favorite.

What is Blake Bilder like?
Let me guess: he is a builder

Edit. Sherdog preview tells me he is opposite of that

Last edited:

good grappler with a weak chin …. Gets knocked down and rocked in every fight - yet finds a takedown then dominates …. Not enough experience or footage to have confidence …. But at least he’s fighting another guy that you cannot trust either

Great athlete with a terrible chin (dropped 4 times over last 3 fights). He does his best work when he can take the back of an opponent, and is quite good at it, but his actual submission prowess is questionable. I don't think it is very deep, since he spent two rounds of a somewhat recent title fight on his back and attempted a gogoplata, but I could be wrong.

Bilder has some power in his hands but I don't see him having an answer for the jab of his opponent (Shane Young) and think he will probably get TKOd.

Don't let his chin fool you with doubt. Blake Bilder's the fighter, to watch and shout about.​

For he'll conquer the ring, and always come out on top And his name will be known, with a fighter's non-stop!

Jokes and silliness aside, I got Blake by decision, hoping he grounds Shane Young to decision.

Jokes and silliness aside, I got Blake by decision, hoping he grounds Shane Young to decision.
If he looks like he did against Morgan then I could see him snatching a sub. But yeah, decision is probably his likeliest ptv, Young hasn't faced many grapplers in the UFC so far so I could see him struggling to get much done here.

The two guys Shane beat are also dogshit, so I don't understand why he's so favored right now.

What does a path to victory for Elise Reed look like?

Loma seems to be appreciably better everywhere I am surprised the betting line is still so close.

Loma is a huge fav on my books.

Reed's path to win is staying mobile and using her straight strikes. She has better hand strikes than Loma, who is shit in this area. Loma has way better kicks.

Loma's kicks only really work if her opp is standing in front of her like Frey did. Reed moves a lot more than Frey.

She didn't try it a lot, but when Frey let any hard straight go, she landed easily. Loma's hand striking defense isn't good. Reed's right hand straight is awesome.

I think Reed will slow though. It's 31 deg here in Australia and it'll be humid as fuck as well in Perth, I imagine. Loma is thai. She's way more used to our weather than Reed, and Reed slows anyway.

So, yeh, path to victory is to not gas, don't stand in front of Loma and let her land kicks, and bounce in with that straight right which Loma is weak against. Loma might be able to clinch up and butcher her like she did Frey, but Frey made that easier again by standing in front of her.

Can't wait for this fight lol. As a fan, I like Reed a lot, but she's up against it here.

Back