Aliskerov vs Hernandez
Tuivasa vs Tybura
Tafa vs De Lima
Maverick vs Lee

Rinya vs Hiestand
Mingyang vs Ribeiro
Kinoshita vs Barlow
Woodburn vs Elliott

Looks about complete. I was hoping they'd get Zhang on here to get that division moving but it's probably too quick of a turnaround for her. (Zhang/Xiaonon & Grasso/Shevy 3 both for UFC 300?)

On paper I gotta give it 9/10, for the PPV portion. Prelims 5/10 but who cares.

Last edited:
Looking pretty stacked I wonder if them moving Garry and Neal to 298 means that 299 is going to get another big fight. Islam recently said he’d like to fight on 299
I hope so. I love seeing champions be active. And with Ramadan coming we risk not seeing Islam until July or August, which would be ludicrous considering he's only defended his belt vs Volk.

Volk vs Topuria - YES! 10/10
Merab vs Cejudo
- Perfect booking, this is the fight that had to be made. Love this. 9/10
Whittaker vs Costa (Allen?)
- Whittaker vs Costa might not be as entertaining as it could be. We need chaos, we might get plodding. Great name value and rankings implications. 7/10
Neal vs Garry -
Like it! Ian Garry faces a cannon, I just don't see how this can't be fun. 8/10
Suarez vs Lemos
- Very good WMMA fight, respect. 7/10

Aliskerov vs Hernandez
- Great fight! Very intriguing, rankings implications, nice bit of business. 8/10
Tuivasa vs Tybura
- This can't follow on from Tafa-De Lima, so I assume it will be moved. Tybura probably sucks the life out of this fight. 5/10
Tafa vs De Lima
- Banger! As in, not many strikes will be thrown before someone is face down. Worst case scenario lowers it to a 3/10, so there's a risk here. 7/10
Maverick vs Lee
- Someone loses a decision. 5/10

Mingyang vs Ribeiro
- Actually know these guys from their DWCS/Road campaigns, should be a banger! No name value. 6/10
Kinoshita vs Barlow
- Had no idea who Barlow was, looked him up, looks like a squash-or-dud. 3/10
Woodburn vs Elliott - Genuinely had to look up who Elliott was. I had absolutely no idea. Oban, from Wales, from DWCS. Eh. Looks like the right kind of booking, but on a numbered card? This is Apex fodder. 4/10

I hope so. I love seeing champions be active. And with Ramadan coming we risk not seeing Islam until July or August, which would be ludicrous considering he's only defended his belt vs Volk.
Yeah I’m hoping he is able to hop on 299 and if I’m Islam I’m pushing hard to get on it against anyone whether it’s Gamrot, Arman, Gaethje or Olives. Get piece of that O’Malley PPV money. I think 299 is going do really well sales wise. O’Malley felt like a legitimate star after the Aljo fight

298 and 299 looking really good.

297 could have used another big fight esp with Jan/Rakic being off that card, its on the weaker side.

With this news UFC 298 now looks like:

Volk vs Topuria
Merab vs Cejudo
Whittaker vs Costa (Allen?)
Neal vs Garry
Suarez vs Lemos

Aliskerov vs Hernandez
Tuivasa vs Tybura
Tafa vs De Lima
Maverick vs Lee

Mingyang vs Ribeiro
Kinoshita vs Barlow
Woodburn vs Elliott

Looks about complete. I was hoping they'd get Zhang on here to get that division moving but it's probably too quick of a turnaround for her. (Zhang/Xiaonon & Grasso/Shevy 3 both for UFC 300?)

On paper I gotta give it 9/10, for the PPV portion. Prelims 5/10 but who cares.

Solid card.

298 and 299 looking really good.

297 could have used another big fight esp with Jan/Rakic being off that card, its on the weaker side.
That must be the Toronto one? It's way stronger than most Canadian PPV's and it's still on the weaker side. Crazy how weak Canadian PPV's are. Started off strong back in the day, but those days are long gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back