UFC Becomes ExcLusive to ESPN

what was espn profit last year?

According to that post they had a profit of 8.5 billion, and a revenue of 7 billion.

I know that math doesn't add up but that's what it sounds like.

As far as I know 400 but 300 plus 150 for streaming makes 450 million which meets their goal

They began at $400m but always felt $300m
Both deals are $300m combined (not $450m)

Can't wait to see the UFC on ESPN 7 or whatever because they got soccer games on the main channels

They began at $400m but always felt $300m
Both deals are $300m combined (not $450m)
This brings up a discussion earlier with the most critical media pressence and his new job..

How could he possibly stay neutral now with his new platform, ESPN paying for the thing he is criticizing - and paying them 300 million a year no less.

I post the numbers here, all the time
What people choose to comprehend is up to them.

Are WME good for MMA? I'm not sure about that.
Do they pair fair?
UFC never paid fair.

But anybody thinking UFC was not an ATM & that the WME-era is not more profitable/valuable is really foolish.

I hope MMA turns around as far as fan interest goes.
Hopefully ESPN promotes the F outta it.
Great point. Because imo it's not about wanting them to fail, it's more about will they fail to keep me as a consumer of their product/content due to the direction they choose to go. I think fans want them to get it right, but when it appears they can make huge profits with flop cards as easily as a stacked card, I am not sure they'll be willing to pay what's necessary to enough fighters at one time to stack a card going forward.

This brings up a discussion earlier with the most critical media pressence and his new job..

How could he possibly stay neutral now with his new platform, ESPN paying for the thing he is criticizing - and paying them 300 million a year no less.

I thought he was fair on Fox/FS1
But after that he had an axe to grind for sure

I think if he plays it in the middle, he will be fine

I would love to see Dana's reaction to when ESPN signed Ariel Helwani.

I thought he was fair on Fox/FS1
But after that he had an axe to grind for sure

I think if he plays it in the middle, he will be fine
Well im talking about something farily objectively terrible - like the Reebok deal. I don't mean like revenge or anything, just talking truth.

If he got on his show and shat all over, lets say a clearly, obviously terrible uniform deal - would his employers let that slide?

Or if he starts to talk about free agency or bringing on people who want to form unions and cost the UFC potentially 100s of millions if they ever got their way?

I think he's unfortunately on borrowed time alreadly.

Great point. Because imo it's not about wanting them to fail, it's more about will they fail to keep me as a consumer of their product/content due to the direction they choose to go. I think fans want them to get it right, but when it appears they can make huge profits with flop cards as easily as a stacked card, I am not sure they'll be willing to pay what's necessary to enough fighters at one time to stack a card going forward.

See, you act like an adult about it
You can disagree with WME-era as far as MMA goes, but it ids asinine to make believe numbers do not exist that show they are doing incredible business wise.
I take them to task all the time on fighter pay & think these interim belts are overboard, but you cannot deny they made a purchase that has paid off incredibly so far.

Well im talking about something farily objectively terrible - like the Reebok deal. I don't mean like revenge or anything, just talking truth.

If he got on his show and shat all over, lets say a clearly, obviously terrible uniform deal - would his employers let that slide?

Or if he starts to talk about free agency or bringing on people who want to form unions and cost the UFC potentially 100s of millions if they ever got their way?

I think there is a fair way to cover UFC/MMA on ESPN. They do it for other sports.
But I doubt we will see Ariel going out of his way to be anti-UFC & instigating as much.

Time for Ariel to go back to MMA hour haha
I think the independant platform for podcasters is very underrated.

Once you sign up with those companies, they own your ass now.

Hope it works out for him as its pretty much how i get my mma news other than my fellow Sherbros.

Back