UFC Boxing Edition Version 3

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Conor's coach this morning stated they wanted to fight for the 155 title in April but after RDS destruction of Cowboy tonight, he should think twice

That would be a great fight but I think RDS takes it. Bigger, stronger Aldo with wrestling.

Junior dos santos was talking about fighting Tyson Fury but got knocked out tonight by a left hook by Alistar

Don't think JdS will ever be champ again.

Conor's coach this morning stated they wanted to fight for the 155 title in April but after RDS destruction of Cowboy tonight, he should think twice

That would be a great fight but I think RDS takes it. Bigger, stronger Aldo with wrestling.
aldo is a better fighter than rda

Conor going to 155 and getting an immediate title shot was probably thrown out because they thought Cerrone would win or RDA would be a different fighter with the random testing. RDA beat the shit out of Cerrone and that probably changed things. Now McGregor stay at 145 for another fight or two, or goes to 155 and gets a gimme against Nate Diaz. He's not fighting RDA next.

aldo is a better fighter than rda

Both are BJj black belt, both have killer leg kicks, RDS has the better wrestling, Aldo more technical.

Same style though but RDA is on a roll and his last 6 wins are very impressive.
Cowboy twice, bendo, Nate, day, Pettis

You don't think conor at 155 would be a bit bigger and stronger? I mean he would probably be better.

Yea he's good but his size has helped him at 145. At 155 he will be fighting guys his size or even bigger. Should be interesting

Yea he's good but his size has helped him at 145. At 155 he will be fighting guys his size or even bigger. Should be interesting

Yeah I'd like to see him not super drained before a fight. Plus we will see if he has real power at 155 or if it's just his size.

This is the way things play out. Dos Anjos vs McGregor gets signed for spring of next year. The UFC comes forth and pays Dos Anjos some step aside money a month or two before the scheduled date and guise it as an "injury". Nate Diaz gets the call to replace him and we'll see McGregor vs Diaz for the interim title at 155 since that's the fight that the UFC and McGregor want right now at the weight.

I dont know what it is about RDA that just doesn't get me excited. I dont strongly dislike him or anything like that. He is skilled, has power and great finishes, isn't boring at all... But for some reason I would have preferred to see Conor vs Don Cerrone. I dont mind the RDA match up, but for some unknown reason I just dont get excited for it, even though it would be a big fight, two champions fighting each other, RDA destroying anyone on his way nowadays and Conor having massive hype behind him and good stoppage wins over his opponents. But there is just something there.. I guess this is just some of those things that I dont know why I cant get excited for. Like the middleweight division.

Well, I am real hyped for UFC 195 though! Lawler vs Condit should be a blast! I predict an entertaining fight (both have tendency to be in fun fights) and its a championship bout too. Miocic vs Arlovski is too, even though I dont care about HW too much, I think this is a pretty good fight. Im a fan of Larkin so good to see him back there too and even Michael McDonald comes back, he has been away for a long time... Poirier vs Duffy is a great fight as well.

I hope that injuries wont ruin any of these fights...

He's not fighting RDA. RDA would kick the shit out of him on the feet and on the ground. He's going to wait for Edgar to beat him down at 145.
whats ypur perspective on the aldo ko?

RDA is ferocious. The Conor fight will be interesting if RDA can avoid that left hand counter. I don't think Conor has ever fought a guy that aggressive and with that much power. He also has a tendency to eat punches, but I'm not sure he can just walk through any of RDA's.

Most MMA fighters thrown looping hook shots and overhand rights. RDA actually throws some straight punches, like McGregor does.

I've never really understood why guys in MMA don't throw straighter punches. I've seen people call Chad Mendes a top level boxer for MMA, but he just looks like a really athletic guy throwing his hands to me. Left hook! Even Aldo most of the time. What's up with MMA trainers and hooks?

Look what happened to Aldo vs Mac. He pretty much jumped in throwing hooks, and Mac just threw one straight left. The shortest path between two points is a straight line, so Mac won the exchange.

Most MMA fighters thrown looping hook shots and overhand rights. RDA actually throws some straight punches, like McGregor does.

I've never really understood why guys in MMA don't throw straighter punches. I've seen people call Chad Mendes a top level boxer for MMA, but he just looks like a really athletic guy throwing his hands to me. Left hook! Even Aldo most of the time. What's up with MMA trainers and hooks?

Look what happened to Aldo vs Mac. He pretty much jumped in throwing hooks, and Mac just threw one straight left. The shortest path between two points is a straight line, so Mac won the exchange.

I cant talk for every single trainer but alot of them dont train technique just spar and thats it. They go over a few things like cover up but never how to position and counter much.

Some guys also look good at the gym but just wing punches during real fights. It might be the whole mma mentality that throwing hooks and looping punches geneate more ko's amd some say its even harder to block.

RDA is ferocious. The Conor fight will be interesting if RDA can avoid that left hand counter. I don't think Conor has ever fought a guy that aggressive and with that much power. He also has a tendency to eat punches, but I'm not sure he can just walk through any of RDA's.
conor works on the counter he doesnt have to walk through punches

conor works on the counter he doesnt have to walk through punches
Whatever the case, he eats shots in almost every fight he's had in the UFC. He ain't exactly a defensive wizard in there.

I think we will see a bigger stronger less drained conor at 155. But if he can't get past cerrone he should not fight rda.
I think he beats Edgar to in a tough fight. Every time he ko's a guy at 145 people name another guy who will beat him then he beats them. Shit he just knocked out the guy that beat everyone that people have said could beat conor.

Rob's probably stoked a Diaz bro finally won a fight again. Nate looked great last night. Still can't believe he was +400. MJ's a beast but Nate actually packed on a bit of muscle and you could tell he was extra motivated coming in. Everybody's getting their ass kicked by RDA these days so you can ignore that last loss. All signs pointed to this being a primarily stand up fight, and it probably would be competitive.

Still think Conor struggles with a feisty little wrassling fucker like Frankie but starching Aldo was pretty impressive.

Back