UFC Caught Manipulating Official Data to Favor Conor after Loss to Khabib?

It didn’t actually hit the ground is my guess after watching the video and seeing that picture. It’s hard to tell but it seems he is just able to keep his balance with his hand with his knee just slightly off the ground.

Personally thought it was a knockdown but u can reasonably say it wasn’t

Knees or butt didn’t touch the ground literally just a hand

A hand touching the mat constitutes as a knockdown now lol?

RedUnfinishedFalcon-max-1mb.gif
It was a slip bruh, I swear on me mum

Conor only got knocked down if we apply boxing rules, we don't though.

This is what happens when partisans analysis data.

lol He got knocked down because his knee touched the canvas. Nothing to do with his hands, and the rules say that only one knee has to touch the ground in order to be considered a "knockdown."

I've noticed they do that pretty often after fights. It probably has a lot to do with someone rewatching the fight and seeing if a strike actually landed or not and then the subjective question of if it was significant or not.

There is definitely bias at play though.

And in this case it is very likely someone made some phone calls to say that conor wasn't knocked down and this that and the other.

Stats only tell part of the story and always have a degree of bias to them.

tryna hype that rematch.

Who cares about the numbers? He got mauled and everyone saw it. And there's an easy way to verify that btw go over the fight and count the punches and kicks. But what kind of loser got the time to go over a 20min fight and count every strike?

But Conor was knocked down. He was considered a downed opponent when his knee hit the ground

And its not just Boxing rules. Its every combat sport where there are knockdowns
MMA doesn’t have knockdowns. It’s not part of the scoring. A knee touching and immediately coming up is no different than if it didn’t touch from a scoring standpoint.

Whats a "true knock down"? It would be a knockdown in Boxing or Kickboxing. In MMA he was "knocked" by Khabib "down" to a technically grounded opponent. Pretty sure its a knock down

Hips not down.

The "true" part was my emphasis on conor scrambling, not a specific rule set.
Same logic for "take" down and "knock" down.

Last edited:
What to look for, homie?
Knockdown is when somebody falls on his ass but recovers and continues fighting.
Knockout is when somebody falls and is unable to continue fighting. That is not a knockdown.
Magny was totally out.
That's what the official result says.
KO(punch)
that Pacquiao was listed as being down in rd 3 and 6, but in rd 6 the only knockdown was the knockout

it's a knockdown and then the ref has to make his decision to call it if they aren't able to respond or get up in time

What the guy is saying in the video makes 0 sense. You dont have to take down your website in order to change something.

You mean they went back and watched the fight with replays and slow motion to legitimately record official stats instead of the guy clicking away with a baseball counter during the fight? Like they do in every fight?

And you're aware that Fightmetric provides these stats, not the UFC, right?
So them rematching the fight in slow motion somehow removed the knockdown for khabib?

It's rigged and you know it.

"legitimately record official stats"
I'd say the knockdown was pretty legit

that Pacquiao was listed as being down in rd 3 and 6, but in rd 6 the only knockdown was the knockout

it's a knockdown and then the ref has to make his decision to call it if they aren't able to respond or get up in time

Fook, I don't care how is he listed somewhere...
Knockout is when somebody falls and continues to lay on the ground.
Knockdown is when somebody falls on his ass but manages to quickly recover.
In that sense, McGregor wasn't even in a knockdown since he never touched that mat with his ass.

Fook, I don't care how is he listed somewhere...
Knockout is when somebody falls and continues to lay on the ground.
Knockdown is when somebody falls on his ass but manages to quickly recover.
In that sense, McGregor wasn't even in a knockdown since he never touched that mat with his ass.
You don't have to touch the mat with your ass in boxing either, one hand touching it is enough for a KD to be ruled

I think "manipulating" the stats is a common practice for every fight and not just Conor's. Most likely some nerd just went through and meticulously counted them instead of counting on the fly. I suppose if you were to skip to the stats screens and skip the fight, in which Conor got his ass whooped, it would alter your perception of what happened LOL.

Not to mention, the altered stats are still extremely one-sided.

You mean they went back and watched the fight with replays and slow motion to legitimately record official stats instead of the guy clicking away with a baseball counter during the fight? Like they do in every fight?

And you're aware that Fightmetric provides these stats, not the UFC, right?
Gustafsson scored two takedowns on Jones, but the UFC only listed the count as one; whatever the source, it's either corrupt or completely inaccurate.

You don't have to touch the mat with your ass in boxing either, one hand touching it is enough for a KD to be ruled
this isn't boxing. it's a very technical definition in boxing that carries consequences that don't exist in mma. in mma whether his hand or knee touch the mat or didn't for an instant has zero effect on scoring or any of the action. in boxing it has a direct impact on both the score and the action.

Back